Vampire Knight

lyredragon

[sadht]Vampire Knight[/sadht][sadhl=1897]vampire-knight[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

OK this one is fresh out, so we'll have to wait to see it on the site but I have been waiting (impatiently) for them to get this manga into anime form.:love:

First impressions of first episode--wow! It followed the manga very well. I can't wait to see more of this. (yay bishie vampies:smile:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good first episode and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one.Great atmosphere and its story surely has potential but I think readers of the manga know better ...Kinda offtopic : which other shows have similar animation style to this one since I really like the character designs. Or is it simply limited to Vampire Knight manga ?

I was impressed by this anime and I did put it on my watchlist for now. I'm not really into the vamp anime but this one seemed promising. Hopefully it will be good.

I just finished watching the first episode and so far I love the series. I've also just began reading the manga, and the think the anime followed the manga very well. I'm very much looking forward to watching next week's episode.

I finally got to see the sub yesterday morning.

Really off to a good start. Exactly like the manga counterpart. My only hope is that they don't cut off any important parts.

Actually, I really did like both the beginning and the closing music. They did a really good job on that as well.

and I just think the headmaster is funny too. He reminds me of something between Vash, nightroad, and Ichigo's dad without all the violence

As for character style, I think, its not so represented in anime, but this is definately a more mature shojo, and that is fair warning to the guys:p. But don't let it stop you.

favorite quote:
Having to deal with you running around screaming "kya kya, kya kya" every day. . .

Last edited:
Very very disappointed. Well below the mark set by the manga IMO. However, hopefully it's just because it is setting up the story and not telling it yet (I think I might have been spending too long in the deep stuff of VK that all this early fluff is throwing me off). One of the few shoujo fluffs I really like (probably because I'm being thickheaded by still considering it shoujo fluff), so I hope when the real meat of the story starts appearing things get better. Also, I think Kaname and Zero are poorly cast.

I picked this up because I had read a bit of the manga in Shojo Beat before. I'm impressed so far with it. (Maybe cause I really like Zero...)

This is going to be the biggest bishie fest since Ouran. I'm still undecided about how much I like this. On the one hand, it's got an interesting premise - on the other hand, everything is just so 'uber-bishie to cater to the 14-year old girls and make them gush'. Do they have to lick their lips every two seconds? Must the female lead touch hesitantly touch her neck every five minutes?

If purplemo is right, and there is a lot of thick plot to come, then I'm glad I picked it up. But as much as I love bishounen, I like them to be attached to good stories and not just style.

This is going to be the biggest bishie fest since Ouran. I'm still undecided about how much I like this. On the one hand, it's got an interesting premise - on the other hand, everything is just so 'uber-bishie to cater to the 14-year old girls and make them gush'. Do they have to lick their lips every two seconds? Must the female lead touch hesitantly touch her neck every five minutes?

If purplemo is right, and there is a lot of thick plot to come, then I'm glad I picked it up. But as much as I love bishounen, I like them to be attached to good stories and not just style.

Well, thick for shoujo fluff. Just don't expect to be seeing a 12 Kingdoms or Hachikuro. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Also, given all the chatter going on in that what I finished thread, I would say Vampire Knights is one of the more controversial manga I like, along the lines with the anime people are kinda bashing over there. Just a warning. This is not a manga I would consider "very good," just something I liked.

Hi again. Looking at the second episode, It was a be=it more sedate, character building stuff. Eh, I am hanging onto the mangas as they are translated online as far as I can, believe me the more interesting stuff is yet to come. I could understand purplemo saying the first was crap, but yes I Even went back to reread the first chapter, and indeed it was very nearly how it really is.

The second episode has cosmetic differences from the manga, but no dealbreakers. Cosmetic meaning that the important parts in the plot are correct, but the settings that they occurred in were differend in places. As much as I like the comedy value of Chairman Cross, I have decided that his voice is not entirely right, but not as wrong as soul eater's voice (in respective anime). I have also decided I think Idol---Ah--Aidou kun is one of the funniest characters (but not so funny hahah as funny chuckle) when he puts on his bishounen love idol schtick.
when he recieve all his gifts adn then sits in the lecture hall sniffing and reading their love notes, and when he asks a girl her blood type yah I know cliche, but it still is funny

I have also decided that as good as the music is at the end, the picture that they use is giving away too many hints.

Episode 2: Is it me or was the exact same thing as episode one except with chocolates?

- vampires entering school, lots of annoying girls howling like mad
- Zero spends an inordinate amount of time without his shirt on, generally brooding and lusting after the main character's neck
- the main character tries to pretend she's not in love with main vampire guy
- school yard attack foiled by main girl with vaulting pole

Same structure, same ideas, no real character or plot development... *sigh*

Still, lots of time for stuff to happen.

Yah, episode 3 is not bad. I think it's the overtly bishounen-ness that's putting me off. I love bishounen, but I love it when they are subtler. But I'm holding out hope that what purplemo said about it getting much more serious comes about.

I don't know how much more of Zero looking drowsily tortured I can take. >_<

Hehe, true... But since they are done with the introductions, I think they will move on too the actual story... At least, that is what I hope since I only hear good things about the manga....

I don't know how much more of Zero looking drowsily tortured I can take. >_<

Heheh I think Zero is as close as we get to bishie emo. He's just so. . .sensitive and moody and dark.

Hah, ep. 3. At least there was some tense action in this one. tho different from what I read in the manga. I wonder about
the vampire kid that got dusted
I hope it was just
a fanciful resemblence and not actually the bro
or it might ruin the story

Did I mention that the music was very well chosen. Plenty of stirring, moody violin and cello solos. You will hear alot of it in ep. 4. Along with alot more emo bishieness. um. More of Zero being a drowsilly tortured emo git with a death wish, but what do you expect from a guy
that is a vampie hunter, but has become the hunted as well as the hunter?
. Who is that guy
wearing courtly chinese garments and looking very feminine with hair pins in his hair whe was talking with cross at the end of this episode

honestly! I dont remember that effeminite guy from the manga, but he comes off as the same creepiness factor as the shopkeeper(count D) of Pet Shop of Horror imo

curses to golden week ant the programming interruptions it causes. I wanna see chapter 5!

Back