Resources - Media suggestions for learning japanese - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > General > General Discussion > Japanese Discussion

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #21
shiawasekun
Narumon Z

Default To learn basic Japanese

hi, minasan, konnichiwa. If you want to learn basic Japanese, the site below might be useful.
I think it is worth to visit.
Japanese Lesson From Basics
Enjoy learning Japanese!
shiawasekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #22
Ketsuron
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to Ketsuron
Default Re: To learn basic Japanese

Nice site, but you better start saving it.

I've read the FAQ. Did you? | My Site Account
Ketsuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #23
poke2201
Narumon Z

Default Re: Resources - Media suggestions for learning japanese

If wanna learn japanese, and your on this site, you will probably like this one the best. If it hasnt been posted ... Called AJAT. All Jap All the Time. Khatzumoto's strategy for learning ANY language. Apparently this is how you learn. Watch Anime. Read Manga. Use the SRS.

SRS is only for kanji and your kana. And the 10k sentences that you have to write to pass. While listening to 10k hrs of japanese.

This method can do 2 things. RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!:mad: or Have the best time learning japanese(Or w/e language) At least you get to have fun.

All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency. About
poke2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #24
eaper
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oehr View Post
Here's a useful firefox extension:

simply move your mouse over kanji characters and the extension explains and translates it for you!

Available languages:
Japanese to English
Japanese to German
Japanese to French
Japanese to Russian

Get it here!
(You need rikaichan and a dictionary - name dictionary is optional)
Do they have something like that for Chrome yet? I have the full page translate extension, but I haven't seen anything where you can just high lite bits like that.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #25
Ketsuron
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to Ketsuron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaper View Post
Do they have something like that for Chrome yet? I have the full page translate extension, but I haven't seen anything where you can just high lite bits like that.
rikaikun (rikaichan for chrome).

I've read the FAQ. Did you? | My Site Account
Ketsuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
eaper
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsuron View Post
rikaikun (rikaichan for chrome).
Thank you very much ^.^
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
wildchild666
Narumon Z

here is something you guys might want to try,

YouTube - KanaCross ver.2 0

its a game that helps you learn katakana and hiragana. there is a download to the game in the description. Mydearcassandra is a great guy, I met on youtube while looking for some info about japanese, he's been helping me ever since. He makes those games and Im sure he will answer any of your questions.

YouTube - mydearcassandra's Channel here is the link to his profile

under "Japanese Learning" there are videos with games, in almost every video there is a link to the download.

Make sure you subscribe to him :)

wildchild666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #28
wildchild666
Narumon Z

Hiragana and Katakana Practice I also found this just now, works well

wildchild666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
Hakuryoku
Narumon Z

For those with a base understanding of Japanese a good way to keep fresh is to simply read through Japanese Manga and translate new words & sentence structures as they pop-up!

There are a few good free Japanese Dictionaries avaliable for the Android (JED) and iPod/iPhone now, so there really isn't an excuse to not be able to find out the meaning of Japanese words on the fly.

As far as Kanji goes I use KanjiBox on iPod which is avaliable for $6 NZD A terrific tool, contantly updated and quizzes at all levels of JPLT right up to sensei level! Comes with useful stat tracking and achievements to top it all off!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hakuryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #30
Trivia
Narumon Z

Hi,

I'm contributing a few resources that haven't made it in the list yet.

TaeKim'sGuidetoLearningJapanese is an excellent guide to get acquainted with the grammar. The explanations are clear and the difficulty very progressive.
The Tatoeba Project is a very promising collection of example sentences. It's not about Japanese simply. It's based on users' contribution to provide an extensive database of sentences. Last time I checked, their search engine did not like kanji that much though.
The 英辞郎 dictionary is one step up from Tatoeba. You can type in any Japanese kanji / word and will get a very extensive list of examples and meaning. It's truly a gold mine (but as it is a mine, it means you sometimes need to dig a while to find what you're looking for). Here's Tae Kim's input on this site

Anki is a multi-platform FOSS. It's a nice flashcard program that makes it easy to review material you've already studied. It is very useful for Kanji reviews but can be used for studying pretty much anything. It's more effective if you create your own cards but there are decks that you can download, most of which contain the material that can be found in your basic kanji book. Right now, I'm on a deck to learn the Japanese regions/prefectures name and I'm in the process of making my own deck which of course, will be available among all the others once it is finished. Tae Kim made a very nice deck by the way.

if you are using a GNU/Linux operating system, there are a few tools that will come in handy in the studying of Japanese:
SCIM is an (very) user friendly input method. It covers over 30 languages, including Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
If you're having trouble getting it working, there are plenty of guides and topics in any distro forum.
Kiten is a dictionary /Kanji dictionary for the KDE users and Gjiten has the same features as Kiten but works better with Gnome.
For the beginners, Kanatest is a nice flashcard program for learning Kana.
Hope this helped.

Also: Hi, I'm new here, よろしく ^__^
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote