Blast of Tempest - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
randomredneck
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to randomredneck
Default Blast of Tempest

Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Just watched the first episode, and it was pretty interesting.

Looks like a promising show.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

My Claims, etc.
randomredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Damias

Send a message via Skype™ to Damias
Default Re: Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

Same here but almost the whole episode had me confused up till the final moments.

Last edited by Damias; 10-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Damias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
Itoukaiji01
Banned
Anime Fan in Training

Episode 1:

Well this was another solid first episode. It looks like the fall season of anime has a strong lineup so far.

This first episode has a lot going on and at first it was a bit overwhelming but the episode managed to explain itself pretty well. It was all very fast paced but it didn't feel rushed at the same time. While it didn't have the raw energy of K, it was a much better episode in terms of characters and plot development. It's definitely set itself up a base from which it can grow this story into something great. I want to know more about the mage family's ambitions and why they are creating this black iron plague and I want to know more about the heiress on the island. All of it intrigues me. Also, the main duo seem like they are going to be fun together. Mashiro's wild anti-logic seems like it could be interesting especially when played off of the other guy as his straight man.

The one thing that confused me a bit was

The highlight for me was definitely that battle with Yamamoto-san as the OP has named her. It was a well animated fast paced battle that showed off what someone with the magic of this world can really do.

I watched this back to back with K. While I enjoyed K a bit more because it was pure fun for the first episode. I have to say that this as actually the better first episode and I feel like this is going to turn out to be the better show. The first episode has a lot going on but it managed to handle it's characters and story really well.
Itoukaiji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Krozam
Experienced Anime Fan

Oh god, oh god... I'm SO happy they don't seem to be screwing up this adaptation! I'm almost traumatised from the extreme failure of Campione (5 light novels crammed into 13 episodes explains it all), but this is quickly returning my faith in adaptations. Not only did they not cut any original material or screw with facts or the order of events, they actually added some pretty good stuff that more or less took care of the pacing problems in the manga. The musics are awesome and the animation is quality stuff, if nothing amazing compared to some recent anime. I got the chills at the end of the episode, because it was better dramatised than I even hoped for. Just thinking about how awesome it's going to be, once it gets to the actually epic parts, has me all giddy.

Now, the beginning of this story is admittedly somewhat confusing and only moderately interesting, my joy comes from the comparison of the anime adaptation to the original manga. However, with this kind of a beginning, I have faith that when the story gets awesome, the anime will deliver at least as well as the manga did. And the manga is in my top 3. The main characters, both of them, are truly badass, and they're a fighting pair. I love cool fighting pairs, be they siblings, lovers or just friends. And this story's got an incredible plot: the manga clobbered me mentally about once per chapter. Not to raise your expectations or anything, but to me it seems that my most anticipated anime this year is going to reach its full potential. Early to say, of course, I may yet be disappointed, but the success of the first episode has given me faith.

Now, I'm going to explain a bit about the part that Itoukaiji01 has in his spoiler. Nothing really spoilery, just clarification, but if you'd rather wait for things to become clear through the anime, feel free to ignore this:

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
"When God speaks Japanese, He uses Norio Wakamoto's voice." - quigonkenny in the MangaFox forums

Last edited by Krozam; 10-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Krozam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
roriconfan
Banned
Experienced Anime Fan

A total fail of a start for a story that may have some interest. The production values are ok but who cares if nothing is important? Only Bones knows.
1.5/5 as a starting score.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Fargo
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damias View Post
Same here but almost the whole episode had me confused up till the final moments.
Oh wow, I didn't even catch that.
But yeah, pretty bossly pilot episode. I really liked the fight, hope we get more cool action like that. And it's got a promising and intriguing premise with some good animation on top of it. This should be fun.

~sa-dui~
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
oninosweeney
Otaku

Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.
Send a message via AIM to oninosweeney Send a message via Skype™ to oninosweeney

episode 1.... now this has lived up to my expectations. nice story, nice relationships, just enough mystery to keep me interested and not confused, good characters, interesting motivations, and the bad guy looks like an "actually" evil Touga from Utena; let's hope he's even half as conniving.

this one has me sold.

Sar-chasm (n): The giant gulf (chasm) between what is said and the person who doesn't get it.
oninosweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #8
NicoNicoDesu
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damias View Post
Hey, at least you managed to figure out that. I was mindf*cked.

About that weird Iron Clad Face thingamajig... WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY. Seriously, that was way too fast to make much of an impact.

+ A claim on Mangina-sama.

NicoNicoDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
gin

Ha, I didn't actually notice that.
But I don't think I'll keep watching it anyway.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
Seyren
Experienced Anime Fan

While the first episode has me confused and not entirely sure about what the hell is going on, it still got me hooked. The action was really nice and the story has some potential. I'm going to keep watching this.