Sky Crawlers - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
animedreamer240
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to animedreamer240 Send a message via MSN to animedreamer240 Send a message via Yahoo to animedreamer240
Default Sky Crawlers

Sky Crawlers

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Information: Click Here

Is anyone else looking forward to this? Just the pretty visuals alone makes me want to watch it!

~A-P Profile~

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 03-11-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Edited to use newer header format.
animedreamer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Penguin
Narumon Z

Send a message via MSN to Penguin
Default Re: The Sky Crawlers [Sukai Kurora] 2008

Didn't know about this one before I saw this (or your reference to it in the 'what are you looking forward to...' thread). Thanks for the tip! :)

Looks interesting. Will definately check it out.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
animedreamer240
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to animedreamer240 Send a message via MSN to animedreamer240 Send a message via Yahoo to animedreamer240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Didn't know about this one before I saw this (or your reference to it in the 'what are you looking forward to...' thread). Thanks for the tip! :)

Looks interesting. Will definately check it out.
Yay!! I'm happy that at least one person responds. x3 -gives you a big strawberry cake- The Sky Crawlers looks like it's right up my alley. I discovered this anime by pure accident when I was looking for a trailer for something else. xD -ish lucky-

~A-P Profile~
animedreamer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:59 AM   #4
shortlex
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Quote:
The official Japanese website for Mamoru Oshii's next film, The Sky Crawlers, has revamped itself and announced the main cast. Rinko Kikuchi, who was nominated for a Supporting Actress Academy Award for her Chieko role in 2006's Babel, will voice Suito Kusanagi. Kusanagi is a commander of a base in an alternate-history aerial war and one of the two leads in this Production I.G adaptation of Hiroshi Mori's hit manga. This will be Kikuchi's second anime role, after a part in the Studio 4C anime anthology Genius Party.

She will be joined by another prominent Japanese film actor, Ryo Kase, as the voice actor for the protagonist Yūichi Kannami. Kase, known to Western audiences for playing Shimizu in Clint Eastwood's Letters From Iwo Jima, was also Todoroki in Hideaki Anno's live-action Cutey Honey and Mayama in the live-action adaptation of the Honey and Clover manga. In the story, Kannami has been transfered to Kusanagi's base after he lost all of his memories. Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale's Takako, Kill Bill's Gogo) and Shosuke Tanihara (Vexille's Leon, Lovely Complex's Maitake, Fudoh: The New Generation's Fudoh) will voice two supporting characters, Midori Mitsuya and Naofumi Tokino, respectively.

The website has also announced that theaters will start selling advance tickets on Saturday with three different mobile phone straps as a free gift. Each buyer can choose a strap with a super-deformed figurine of Suito, Yūichi, or Sanka (the story's retro aerial fighter). Finally, the website has unveiled the new poster (PDF format) that lists the four main castmembers. When it opens on August 2, the project will be Mamoru Oshii's first fully animated film since his 2004 Ghost in the Shell sequel, Innocence.

Thank you to Brian Ruh for the news tip.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-sky-crawlers

Brother Frank One of the High Priest of the Sothis Fan Club
shortlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
KiraRin

I love all of this new anime/cg prettiness thats been coming out recently. I was blown away by Vexille. The visuals were stunning, and the sci-fi story line was superb. The soundtrack had some excellent work by Paul Oakenfold, so I hope this is as good!

Thank you for pointing it out to me^^

H.
KiraRin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
shortlex

what that.. why is my quote here, i didn't reply to this thread. Oh well, i have very high expectations for this movie, especially when i saw the trailer, it looks really really good. i didn't read the book but man it got planes in it.. you know what that means.. lots of destruction

Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
GosoxJ
Anime Fan in Training

The CGI sequences look really nice and the story sounds interesting. Unfortunately It'll prolly be a while before I get a chance to see this one.
GosoxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
Fuyuzuki
Anime Fan in Training

Oh yeah. This movie is going to played in Love & Anarchy festival (Rakkautta & Anarkiaa festivaalit) in here, Finland. I hadn't heard of this movie until just few days ago actually, but I am interested of it. Definitely going to see this along with Vexille and Evangelion: 0.1 You Are (Not) Alone.
Thought, that's gonna be some expensive fun, 7euros per ticket for movie. Thought, it's all okay considering it's on big screen.

I actually just moments ago booked myself the tickets for those three movies.
Luckily I got one of the remaining five tickets for Evangelion.

Last edited by Fuyuzuki; 09-11-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: ...
Fuyuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
shortlex

Default Re: The Sky Crawlers

This film has one three awards and sony is putting this animated film for an oscar. OHHRAH..

Anyone knows when the release date by sony is for Australia, I seriously want to get my hands on this and I don't want to watch it online. grr grr

Old 01-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #10
shortlex

Default Re: The Sky Crawlers

Anytime now, it should be released, I am currently waiting for the DVD release instead of downloading or streaming it....

I am a major fan of the direcotr's work... especially since he did director ghost in the shell and Jin roh