Robotics;Notes - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Damias
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to Damias
Default Robotics;Notes

Robotics;Notes

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

This is the first time I'm looking forward to a mech anime. During my 2-3 years watching anime, I would never bother watching anime involving mechs, such as the recognizable Gundam or such. Just recently, I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.
So yeah, long story short, me looking forward to some good looking animation anime, with some mech.

Also, from my understanding, this was made by the same people who made Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Should I watched both before I start this?

Damias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
randomredneck

Send a message via Skype™ to randomredneck
Default Re: Robotics;Notes

I have the same question about having to watch either Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

My Claims, etc.
randomredneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
kawainu
Anime Guru

You don't need to watch the other shows. This one is set in the same world a few years after Stein's;Gate but there is really no connection between the shows which is why u could watch Stein's;Gate without watching Chaos Head.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
LizardLaw974
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to LizardLaw974

I can't wait!! :D

And you guys do not need to watch either Chaos;Head or Steins;Gate before Robotics;Notes.
I've watched only Steins;Gate but I have looked up information about Chaos;Head, and the two don't really have any connection, so you can watch any one of them in any order
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Garyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damias View Post
Just recently, I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.
What's wrong with the animation? I never heard anybody dislike the style of early 2000s before. I prefer the animation style of that time period over the modern styles. You also know that there have been plenty of mecha in recent years right? You make it sound like mecha was something predominantly made in the 90s. Mecha have been around since the 50s.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
roriconfan
Banned
Experienced Anime Fan

Quote:
I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.
You imply that you liked Rinne just because it was recent and not because it was good...
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
kargarus
Otaku

I didn't think this was a mecha series. So I just checked out a brief synopsis and found that its a story centred on a group of students attempting to build a giant robot for real. So there you go, I was going to be checking out this show regardless, but glad to check the synops anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
captaincrunch

Giant robot isn't the same as mecha, but I don't know which this will be.

captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
Damias

Send a message via Skype™ to Damias

I really don't want to stray away from the purpose of this thread but since I already crossed the line, I might as well explain. And to the moderators, if this is inappropriate, please move this to some other thread and I apologize.

Now for Damias' Corner...
I know there are recent mech anime but the reason I stood away from them is because when I think of mech anime, I think of the Gundam franchise and I find them really unappealing; except for the Mobile Fighter G Gundam, I grew up up watching that. Till recently, I started watching Rinne just for the heck of it and you know what, I enjoyed both seasons. (To rori, not gonna give a reason why though). After watching Rinne, I came to the conclusion that I don't hate mech anime just because it involves giant robots but because of the animation from those years. It really does turned me off and its not just for mech, it can be for any anime... but that's my standard...

This post sounds as if I'm repeating myself but being specific. Usually every time I do a post, I make sure I don't leave any loose knots for people to ask questions later or to be confused...

Damias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
valondar
Otaku

I hated Chaos;Head. I really enjoyed Steins;gate. Given the second sentence, I suppose I'll be checking this out, but with some trepidation.
Quote:
This is the first time I'm looking forward to a mech anime.
[...]
Also, from my understanding, this was made by the same people who made Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Should I watched both before I start this?
Just out of curiosity, but if you haven't seen Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head, why are you looking forward to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyuu View Post
What's wrong with the animation? I never heard anybody dislike the style of early 2000s before.
Getting old, Garyuu. Happens to us all eventually.

Quote:
I know there are recent mech anime but the reason I stood away from them is because when I think of mech anime, I think of the Gundam franchise and I find them really unappealing; except for the Mobile Fighter G Gundam, I grew up up watching that. Till recently, I started watching Rinne just for the heck of it and you know what, I enjoyed both seasons. (To rori, not gonna give a reason why though).
You know I did like Rinne no Lagrange, but it's hardly what I'd call the best mecha anime, even of recent years. You may want to check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. And/or Bokurano.

(although obviously if you really want to settle down for a great mecha anime I'd point you to Neon Genesis Evangelion and walk slowly away but that's kinda old, innit.)