Find Your Anime Buddy! II - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > General > Club Chat

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
LizardLaw974
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to LizardLaw974
Default Find Your Anime Buddy! II

(Header and signatures kindly provided by Sandbar: you amazing graphic artist, you! ^_^)

Welcome to Find Your Anime Buddy, a hub where you can find others to share your anime experiences with by watching the same movies/series simultaneously and having interesting current discussions as you go! Here’s how it works:

1) Make a post in this thread stating what anime you intend to watch or have just started and would like others to watch with you - maximum of three anime at a time! Anime must have finished airing at time of request (if it is still airing, you don't need a buddy group - just join in the relevant Currently Airing Anime subforum thread).

2) I will add your request to the opening post like so:

[Cowboy Bebop] – requested by VivisQueen, buddies Sheex, Uriel, Sandbar (open)

3) Others who also want to watch that anime will post a request to become your anime buddy

4) You contact each other via this thread or PM and agree upon a schedule e.g. one episode every Thursday, or two episodes a day, or one-day marathon! :o I will add the details of what you decide to the entry for future reference

5) Watch the anime, share your opinions and have discussions as you watch in the Specific Anime Discussion forum, the What are you currently watching? thread, IRC (#anime-planet.com at irc.rizon.net), in a vent channel kindly offered by Pidjiken, or privately via PM

6) Don’t forget to make recommendations for the AniRec when you’re done and come back to make new requests! :D

Buddy groups can include as few as two people, and how you organise the schedule is completely up to you. You can also join as many buddy groups as you want. FYAB is a great way to meet others with similar tastes, check what others are watching/want to watch, and to have current discussions as you’re experiencing the show.

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Active Buddy Groups:
For anyone and everyone...

[Aoi Bungaku] - requested by Wisp: 2 episodes per day, starting Thursday, 31st July (open)

[Bakemonogatari] - requested by metalhead7777, Anudevil13, Thrawn, XcanaXalberona, Ailly: date and time TBD (open)

[Birdy: The Mighty (S1/Cipher/S2)] - requested by Schizm, buddies Thrawn, stingreis, LizardLaw974, Taekwondoin, Naga, Sianeka: 2 episodes a day, restarting date TBD (open)

[Black Lagoon 1 & 2] - requested by Nyuu, buddies jugemxjugem: three eps a day starting Tuesday, 30th May

[Diebuster] - requested by Taekwondoin, buddies ZetsubouKaiji, ieatanime: 3 episodes per day, from Saturday, 28th June to Sunday, 29th June

[Fate/Stay Night] - requested by Sianeka, buddies Taekwondoin, Thrawn, Mimori: 2 episodes a day, date TBD (open)

[Guilty Crown] - requested by OminousFlare, buddies Thrawn, 8MangaMan, Anudevil13: 2 episodes a day, starting Saturday, 15th March

[Gun-dou Musashi] - requested by Grach: date and episodes TBD (open)

[Jigoku Shoujo] - requested by greektornado, Aranneas: two eps a day max, starting around December or so

[Katekyo Hitman Reborn] - requested by XcanaXalberona, buddies phoniefly: 2 episodes per day, starting Tuesday, 1st July (open)

[Mawaru Penguin Drum] - requested by Sianeka, buddies Wisp, Taekwondoin, 8MangaMan, Ailly, LizardLaw974; date and episodes TBD (open)

[Mobile Suit Gundam Z] - requested by greektornado, buddies stingreis: starting Sunday, 28th October, 2 episodes a day, 0 on Thursdays

[Mushishi] - requested by Sormat, buddies Naga, ZetsubouKaiji, Tentoumushi: 2 episodes a day, starting Thursday, 9th January (open)

[Nadia: Secret of Blue Water] - requested by HasseRovdjur, buddies Taekwondoin, Naga, Sianeka: 1 episode a day, starting Monday, 22nd April (open)

[Nana] - requested by Bradalee, buddies GenericUser, Grach, Bestanimeserie: 2 episodes per day, starting Tuesday, 27th May (open)

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - requested by Bradalee, buddies Naga, GrEeKiNnOvaTiOn, Thrawn, Taekwondoin, GenericUser, tantei: date and schedule TBD (open)

[No Game No Life] - requested by Richis: date and episode count TBD (open)

[OreImo S2] - requested by Grach: 2-3 episodes per day, date TBD (open)

[Outlaw Star] - requested by Redruum: starting May 24th

[Ranma 1/2] - requested by AngelBeatsYui, buddies markofcold, Thrawn, Shivivhan, LetsGetCherryPie; 2 episodes per day, startng Wednesday, 23rd July

[Souten Kouro] - requested by ZetsubouKaiji, buddies GenericUser: 2 episodes a day, date TBD (open)

[Steins;Gate] - requested by z0mbikitten, buddies metalhead7777, Mangina, Audacity, regmike, Yurusumaji: 2 episodes a day, starting September 14th

[Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki] - requested by Esper26: episode count and date TBD (open)

[Tsubasa Chronicle (season 1 and 2)] - requested by AngelBeatsYui, buddies markofcold, lindapearl, Shivivhan, LetsGetCherryPie; 2 episodes per day, starting Wednesday, 23rd July

[Victorian Romance Emma: Second Act] - requested by Bestanimeserie: 1 episode a day, starting Saturday, 12th April (open)

Help Promote FYAB!
These are the images free for you to use in your signature (just right click > save as). Thank you!

Waste Your Weekend! (28th Feb/1st March 2009)

Waste Your Weekend 2nd! (27th/28th June 2009)

Waste Your weekend (Otaku108 style) Jan2nd- Jan 3rd

Completed Buddy Groups:

Last edited by LizardLaw974; 08-16-2014 at 09:52 AM.
LizardLaw974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Pidjiken
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via MSN to Pidjiken Send a message via Skype™ to Pidjiken
Default Re: Find Your Anime Buddy! II

This will be the new location of FYAB for the time being until Veev comes back. At that point a fusion ceremony will be performed to return control to Veev.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
VivisQueen

Just to say, it's been great fun moderating FYAB. Only thing is that I need to concentrate on a couple of tough things in the next few months, and if it all works out, for the next few years. I have been slacking lately on my updates, and I figured what's best for FYAB is to pass it on to someone who can dedicate their time properly and make sure the club runs as happily as it has been since its foundation. Glad you guys are still enjoying the hub, and hope you continue to find it a good way to discover new shows with new people. I wish LizardLaw lots of success moderating and am no doubt she'll do an amazing job.

I'll still be around in the forum, so if anyone needs to PM me about anything, please do so. :)

PS. Thanks, Pidj, the God of Admins.

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Menchi
Otaku

Oh, lookie, a new temp worker here :D Pleased to meet ya, Lizard! Maybe I should try to be more active on the FYAB-club again...

Speaking of which, the Silver Fang-group has disbanded and I ended up watching it by myself later, so that can be removed now, thanks!

Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Naga
PRIMORDIAL SERPENT

Send a message via Skype™ to Naga

I'm starting Princess Tutu in 2 days from now (September 28). Anyone wants to join? No limitations on episodes per day...

Naga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
LizardLaw974
Otaku

Thank you so much VivisQueen and Pidjiken! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchi View Post
Oh, lookie, a new temp worker here :D Pleased to meet ya, Lizard! Maybe I should try to be more active on the FYAB-club again...

Speaking of which, the Silver Fang-group has disbanded and I ended up watching it by myself later, so that can be removed now, thanks!
Pleased to meet you too!
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
I'm starting Princess Tutu in 2 days from now (September 28). Anyone wants to join? No limitations on episodes per day...
Updated
Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
mmag13

Small tip. You actually want to link to the forum thread in specific anime discussion, not the anime entry on the main site. That way people can easily get to the thread where they can discuss the anime. If there isn't a thread yet, you'd tell them to create one. So for Princess Tutu, you'd actually want to use this link.

Thumbs up on the speediness of the update though

mmag13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
LizardLaw974
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmag13 View Post
Small tip. You actually want to link to the forum thread in specific anime discussion, not the anime entry on the main site. That way people can easily get to the thread where they can discuss the anime. If there isn't a thread yet, you'd tell them to create one. So for Princess Tutu, you'd actually want to use this link.

Thumbs up on the speediness of the update though
Whoops, my bad
Thank you for letting me know!

Last edited by LizardLaw974; 09-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.
LizardLaw974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
8MangaMan
Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to 8MangaMan

I believe the Panty & Stocking group finished quite a while ago

8MangaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
LizardLaw974
Otaku