Recent feed issues, upcoming scheduled maintenance/downtime, and how you can help - Page 2 - Anime-Planet forum
Why register?

make an anime and manga list, and more! all free!

Theme

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Site Information > Site Announcements

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
hoffstyle
Otaku

Default Re: Recent feed issues, upcoming scheduled maintenance/downtime, and how you can help

Is there going to be a fix one day of how long it takes for personal profile pages to load?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
hoffstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
sothis
Overlord

Default Re: Recent feed issues, upcoming scheduled maintenance/downtime, and how you can help

i dont know what that means

Adding Anime - Synopsis Templates | Twitter | MySpace

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE - Control my signature or avatar!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
hamletsmage
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to hamletsmage Send a message via Yahoo to hamletsmage Send a message via Skype™ to hamletsmage

I think they're asking if there is scheduled maintanence to fix the profile pages, which are loading much slower than any other pages.

空からの殺人者
hamletsmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
sothis
Overlord

i know what it technically means, just saying i havent noticed the profile pages lagging

Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
hamletsmage
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to hamletsmage Send a message via Yahoo to hamletsmage Send a message via Skype™ to hamletsmage

Mine will lag every so often, or only load half the page, usually showing error messages on the friend's feed and then not loading anything below that. I know a few other people have had similar issues, but I can't remember which thread I saw that particular discussion in.

Edit: I found the small discussion on this subject, from the beginning of August.

空からの殺人者

Last edited by hamletsmage; 08-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.
hamletsmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
Drahken
Cross-eyed Cyclops

See this discussion in the bugs forum: http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/fe...-properly.html

I have noticed an intermitent lagging problem with the user pages in relation to the feeds. The profile page will load, then hang for a bit just before where the feed is, then load the feed after a couple seconds & then load the rest of the page immediately. It's clear that when this happens, there is some kind of slowness with the feeds, which is causing the profile page to load slowly.
Unfortunately, the inconsistancy of the behavior will make it difficult to track down. What we'd probably need to do is try to get everyone to jot down the times when they encounter the issue, then you can look at the logs for the times & see if there was heavy traffic or some server issue or whatever.

Halloween Music
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tag Definitions . | . Answers to Common Questions
Drahken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Bamboocha
Experienced Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahken View Post
See this discussion in the bugs forum: http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/fe...-properly.html

I have noticed an intermitent lagging problem with the user pages in relation to the feeds. The profile page will load, then hang for a bit just before where the feed is, then load the feed after a couple seconds & then load the rest of the page immediately. It's clear that when this happens, there is some kind of slowness with the feeds, which is causing the profile page to load slowly.
Unfortunately, the inconsistancy of the behavior will make it difficult to track down. What we'd probably need to do is try to get everyone to jot down the times when they encounter the issue, then you can look at the logs for the times & see if there was heavy traffic or some server issue or whatever.
For me it's pretty much all the time. My profile page have two loading speeds: slow and slower. Right now it's only slow and at least it load without mongo error. Other pages on AP load fast.

I wish there were "Turn Feed OFF" option...
Bamboocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
sothis
Overlord

the feed was built to be super scalable so lag issues wouldnt happen - it looks like that was wrong. unfortunately there wont be an easy solution or fix until we get a very skilled mongo developer onboard, cause it's not me.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
hoffstyle
Otaku

Yeah, I am talking about how if I log in, and click on my profile link it takes 1-2 minutes to load my page. This isn't an intermittent problem either...it happens every time.

hoffstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Drahken
Cross-eyed Cyclops

That's odd. For me it's very intermittant. I wonder if the speed issue is related to the frequency of activity in the given feed? My friend feed doesn't see too much activity, so that might explain why I see less of a slowdown from it.

Halloween Music
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tag Definitions . | . Answers to Common Questions
Drahken is online now   Reply With Quote