What would be a good way to start learning? - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > General > General Discussion > Japanese Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #21
sekaitomo

Post start learning nihongo

konnichiwa. If you want to learn Japanese, my site might be useful for you. You can visit http://clix.to/gumi. I hope it is helpful for you. I am very happy if you have fun with that. arigatou
Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #22
MrKorrrn
Narumon Z

Send a message via MSN to MrKorrrn
Default Re: start learning nihongo

does it cost anything? ^o)
MrKorrrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #23
Justice4243
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via MSN to Justice4243 Send a message via Yahoo to Justice4243
Default Re: start learning nihongo

Merging with: What would be a good way to start learning?

Also made that thread a sticky, as I'd say it's probably the most useful thread of this section.

Member of Project Manga
http://www.myspace.com/GURPSER42
Justice4243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:08 AM   #24
mekada
Narumon Z

Send a message via MSN to mekada
Default Re: What would be a good way to start learning?

sekaidomo your link is kinda really good :D

arikato

Love the new version.
mekada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #25
spap81
Narumon Z

Hi
give a look to this site http://japanese.about.com/, it has some usefull informations
Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
Lemmons998
Narumon Z

this site http://lrnj.com/ has a game to learn Kanji with. if you're willing to pay money you can learn the other two with it...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #27
puppychow17
Narumon Z

Learning Japanese shouldn’t be a complicated thing. People often think that it is, and overcomplicated things for themselves. Granted, learning another language can be a difficult thing, but it shouldn’t be a complicated one. Going around finding “this program” or “that program” will waste more time than it will gain you. You’ll be spending time taking shortcuts and come out way behind in the end. The best way to learn Japanese is to sit down and study it. A lot. Every day. It won’t come right away, and you won’t feel like you’re making progress, but I promise, you are!

The real secret to learning Japanese is perservering, which is pretty fitting since the Japanese culture is obsessed with that concept. I know it takes more time. So many people, though, want to rush through things and they end up coming out with patchy Japanese that they forget a week later. If you want to take Japanese language learning seriously, then you will have to work hard at it. You’ll need to want it. I want you to want it too. I know way too many people who study for about a week and then decide that they don’t care enough anymore (then go back to watching anime 24/7, of course)

Another thing that might help you learn is to watch this video: The Secret to Learning Japanese! Amazing!

If you’re interested in learning Japanese, watch the video above, then read through alljapaneseallthetime and do that, too.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #28
FalseMalevolence
Narumon Z

I personally used the "Japanese from Zero!" (link here and here) series of books, not too expensive and work really well, assuming you don't mind getting a "homework" feel from a workbook type thing. As the title suggests, yes you can start from absolutely nothing. It's taking a bit for vol. 4 & 5 to come out though the first 3, or even the first 1 are a good start. :)

At first with #1 I just did the numbers 1-10,000,000 in about an hour and since then I've remembered almost all of them (with the exception of a couple of the few inconsistent ones.) though I'm only starting to learn as well. ^^ The numbers were only pre-lessons, I only looked at them once, and so far the next few lessons (some basic grammar and characters) all stick after only reading them and practicing once.

Maybe it's because I like the "homework-ey" feel to it (not that I ever did homework in the first place.... >_>) but the stuff in there sticks to you like glue, and at least the first volume is quite good for starting.

"What is Yaoi?"
Oh my ^^;;.....

Last edited by FalseMalevolence; 09-30-2008 at 09:31 PM.
FalseMalevolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
llsektorll
Otaku

Out of all the books, ebooks, programs, and etc... I found this site still to be the best. Why you say? Because the writer himself is Californian and learned the language through his interest in anime. So its very much geared to anime fans. If you want to watch anime and not read subtitles then then this is for you. Its very basic and meant for starters. Its short and to the point and can help you understand Jap without always having to rely on subtitles!

Maktos: Japanese Is Possible!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #30
Quizap
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via AIM to Quizap

I'll be following this Gentleman's program for learning Japanese. It will take a bit of time and a lot of time of being anti-social but I personally think it's going to work. Especially if I do exactly as he did. A bunch of friends introduced me to this site and we're all doing it together for the most part, although I'm doing it a bit more extreme then they are.

All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency. Table of Contents / All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote