Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion > Currently Airing Anime

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 01:59 AM   #1
Naga
HOMO FABER

Default Baby Steps 2

Baby Steps 2

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
AGlitchGnome
Narumon Z

Default Re: Baby Steps 2

episode 1- picked up pretty much right where season 1 ended. good set up episode with a bunch of new characters.

Also, was it just me or did the animation take a step up compared to season 1? I hope so because it will make things even more intense with these matches.
AGlitchGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
Bradalee

Send a message via Skype™ to Bradalee

Episode 1

Well that actually a really good episode. They focused really well on the cultural differences between Japan and the US, and managed to do a good job getting across some of the differences between a pro and an amateur tennis player. I really enjoyed seeing how the Florida academy was presented too, lots of interesting stuff there. As for the actual content of the episode..

Very good start!

Oh, and the animation is almost the same poor level. So i'd disagree with your view of it being improved by any great degree!

Bradalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
AGlitchGnome
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradalee View Post
Oh, and the animation is almost the same poor level. So i'd disagree with your view of it being improved by any great degree!
Well i didn't mean that it turned amazing or anything. I guess it just looked, i don't know, more polished? the still frames and whatnot were still present but it seemed like there was a conscious effort to add more animation to the rallies? at any rate it was a solid episode.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
Zaig
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Episode 01

When that opening started, I don't think I ever became as pumped to see the return of an anime before. At first I thought, "YES! It's the same opening - no wait, I bet it's just the beginning that's similar. ...No way! It's the same incredible opening with new animation!" This song was basically opening of the year for me. My favorite part is when everyone is serving - just incredible, so much hype to continue with the episode, yet you still have another minute left of the opener to sit through/enjoy! I didn't catch it until after a second viewing, but the touch of encouragement from the people he meets in the Florida training camp in his notes (#43) was nicely added. Believe in Yourself! >D It would seem Eiichirou will end up learning a lot during his training if he fills 3 more notes between now and the competition.

I read a few chapters of the manga where the first season left off, so it's going to be a few episodes until it's caught up, but I'm eagerly awaiting the day everything becomes new to me again because watching tennis is loads more fun than "reading" it... It also seemed much easier to understand when animated since I knew the bare minimum about the sport until this anime.

"Do you have the Power? Are you the One?"
"Efficiency is a fine companion to visual presentation."
Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #6
Bradalee

Send a message via Skype™ to Bradalee

Oh good, someone else aside from me and Glitch are watching! I think last seasons thread ended up with just me and him posting on this show for huge spells.

OP is still crap though.

Bradalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #7
Zaig
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

I was late to this anime when it originally aired because one sports anime is about all I can take per season, and at the time it was Yowamushi Pedal. Now that it's over, this will be my sports fix.

*was too busy rewatching the amazing opening to catch your last part*

"Do you have the Power? Are you the One?"
"Efficiency is a fine companion to visual presentation."
Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
AGlitchGnome
Narumon Z

Yea i feel like this show's first season was a bit under the radar because Haikyuu and Yowamushi aired at the same time and overshadowed it in the sports genre.

I'm really hoping for a heavy focus on the matches this season since the rules explanation and the like were covered in the first season. I expect a little bit of recap over the rules/terminology because it's shounen but i hope it's subdued
Old 04-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #9
Technicalleigh
Narumon Z

I binge-watched the first season sometime during the winter months and have been looking forward to this continuation. Ep 1 did not disappoint. :)
Technicalleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #10
kynz
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to kynz

I watch this flick too, but I have nothing to comment on. It seems that the points I have in mind has already served.

I salute those devoted to expending energy in their lives

-CURRENTLY WATCHING-
25 Minutes | 13 Hours | 5 Days | 2 Weeks | 7 Months | 0 Years

kynz is offline   Reply With Quote