Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A! - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Etue
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to Etue
Default Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A!

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A!

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Opening thoughts:

I'd still prefer sequel season of the original saki series, however! It seems like this is a continuation in the style of the original saki. If you liked the first series I think you couldn't miss checking this out. If you hated the main series, don't bother. It follows the spirit of the main series, that's all I can say for now.

Episode 1:

The new casts connection with (the main series') Nodoka is they are all girls that are very into mah-yong. Some decent drama and basic characterization with a lot of moe. The assemble of girls still needs deeper characterization to make me able to pass judgement on the current cast. Most of the time of the first episode was spend on establishing the main girls' drive on why they want to play in the tournament and keep playing it.

Etue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
r18
Ojii-san

Default Re: Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A!

pissed they abandoned the first season characters and story ...maybe if this sells they'll get back to it...

what relationship does this anime have with the first one...i see or think i see Nodoka in the pix....but why is she there and where is there any way...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

look into my face children ....it is i that you shall become...

r18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Etue

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-18 View Post
pissed they abandoned the first season characters and story ...maybe if this sells they'll get back to it...

what relationship does this anime have with the first one...i see or think i see Nodoka in the pix....but why is she there and where is there any way...
Does this cover it?
Quote:
Six years later, elementary school student Shizuno Takakamo befriends transfer student Nodoka Haramura. The two eventually enter Achiga Girls', but Nodoka transfers out of the school in the second year. When Shizuno sees Nodoka on television the following year as the national middle school individual mahjong champion, she decides to revive Achiga's mahjong club.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
r18
Ojii-san

oic....well that explains her appearance but not the reason for leaving the original story line unfinished....i may not forgive them...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

look into my face children ....it is i that you shall become...

r18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
Etue

Quote:
oic....well that explains her appearance but not the reason for leaving the original story line unfinished....i may not forgive them...
Indeed, I thought the first season was a reasonable success with good enough fans to have a sequel. Now this season might be like harking in new fans for the sequel of the original, but checking these anime' pages it also has a different studio working on it than the original Saki. Oh well, it is indeed hard to get over the fact.

I would suspect that this is a safer bet to air? But I cannot confirm this like I mentioned before.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
mlove
Anime Fan in Training

Isn't this series picking up another school's journey to the nationals? I recokon that this team will end up at the same nationals as the team from the first series. I'm pretty sure the timing in terms of Nodoka's age is spot on. Then they can either finish this series with the nationals or have a third series with the nationals.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
truthillusion
Otaku

Is this Akagi with lolis?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Korath
Anime Guru

Only just noticed this was out... and while I'm annoyed they haven't done a sequel to the 1st I'm kinda happy I have more Saki to watch. Will check it out :)

.::. APUCC .::. OPCC .::. www.leonslost.co.uk .::. Media Server Guide .::.
Korath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #9
elior
Narumon Z

Quote:
ok here the reason why thy didnt make squal yet in every chapter of the original saki manga there is only 11 or 12 pages and they do lot of flashback and it almost didnt get anywere since the first season ending they even not in the semi-finals the anime is very close to the manga in all this years they didnt got far enough becouse those flashbacks
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #10
elior
Narumon Z

and about the netionals yes it will be in this spinoff and they will meet a old characters from the original but i wont spoil who
elior is offline   Reply With Quote