Berserk - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Cleyra
Narumon Z

Default Berserk

Berserk
(a.k.a. Kenpuu Denki Berserk)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

A loooong time ago i got this anime and never got around to finishing it, watched around 5 episodes but stoped for some reason, just never really caught me for some reason, anywho i couldn't sleep last night (it's 12am here now) and ended up watching the entire thing at once.

And wow... it really was great, i can see what all the fanboying is all about, great characters and storyline, really truly liked it... but... god damn!

/rant start!

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-03-2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Edited to use new header format.
Cleyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Lord_Vegita
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vegita Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Skype™ to Lord_Vegita
Default Re: Berserk (may contain some spoiler-ish things)

i can a test to the manga's greatness. i have read all the way through vol 33 and it is AWESOME. the story hadn't even picked up when they ended the anime :(. later on Guts get this Dwarven Berserker armor that is just plain insane!!!!

a total must read for fans of horror/death/gore type series. this is a truly twisted series ^^_, and i love it.

Lord_Vegita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Kastrophee
Otaku

Ending:

Last edited by sothis; 02-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Kastrophee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
sevencreature
Anime Fan in Training

Read the manga. Do not watch that crappy anime.

Black Horse is doing GREAT job. And choosing to watch anime instead of manga in case of Berserk is almost a CRIME.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=12-705

Till Volume 17 now, but progressing fine.

$14 per volume is awesome price
sevencreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
turbobenx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vegita View Post
i can a test to the manga's greatness. i have read all the way through vol 33 and it is AWESOME. the story hadn't even picked up when they ended the anime :(. later on Guts get this Dwarven Berserker armor that is just plain insane!!!!

a total must read for fans of horror/death/gore type series. this is a truly twisted series ^^_, and i love it.
yea i read the manga too and i read all the way up to the newest one. However, i have some question to see if u could answer or anybody else because im kinda confuse.

Overall:

Last edited by sothis; 02-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
OgtheSamurai

This is one of my fav series ever. I loved the art style, the atmosphere.. the story. The ending music is perfect too heh. Great characters too. A lot of the time I have to fight off feeling disappointed when a series I like ends. Even when its a great ending. Enjoying the material world and its pleasures is like that in general. They say indulgence and attachment lead to suffering.. I figure one just has to know their way around. Enjoy it until its done and let it go and enjoy something new :)
Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
PockyBebop
Narumon Z

Default Berserk

I've noticed that on almost every profile I look at, the anime Berserk is listed as one of the top 5 anime. It's more popular than I thought on this site, and currently viewing the anime, I can see why!
PockyBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #8
Reawen
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Berserk's popularity on Anime-Planet

Haha, this thread is now a funny collection of all the people who have no seen an anime....
Well, I have seen a whole 1 episode at this point Then I put it on pause... because I hadn't really planned on starting it yet, I just got temporary stalled out on something else, so I filled the time with that one ep. :p
Old 09-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
::NiteShado::
Narumon Z

Send a message via AIM to ::NiteShado:: Send a message via MSN to ::NiteShado::

The show isn't nearly as good as the manga is, but hbi2k does have a great abridged series on youtube that is hilarious.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
Roxas
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via AIM to Roxas

Berserk seems to be pretty popular among American anime fans in general. It was pretty much a dud in Japan, which is most likely why it didn't receive a continuation.

Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote