Claymore - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: does this happen in Calymore on episdoe 24/25 .?
None of these 9 50.00%
I do not know 7 38.89%
Main Girl or Boy Dies 0 0%
Both Die 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
Lord_Vegita
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vegita Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Skype™ to Lord_Vegita
Default Claymore

Claymore

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Well another good manga has been turned into an anime. i just saw ep 1 up by Eclipse in both xvid and h.264.

will update this later with my thoughts on the first ep. i've already read what's out in the english manga so far so this will be a scrutinization of how they did on things.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 02-03-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Edited to use the new header format.
Lord_Vegita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Aydan
Otaku

Default Re: Claymore [Action]

I like it, I don't know why but strong/silence/calculated female characters always appeal to me. Going by the first episode, this show is made of win. For some reason I find the constant clanking of her metal boots extreemly cool.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
wa-totem
Narumon Z

Yup.
Seemingly cold, strong women are WIN!

Never read the manga, but heard it's good... the premise seems interesting after ep.1.
The art so far is so-so, not too bad. It's hard to judge so early on, but I DO like chara designs and seiyuu choice.
For those who didn't read manga - gore warning. Like, chopped off heads and blood gushing, disemboweled humans, etc. Yum!!
wa-totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
Wolfco

I liked the first episode. It felt closer to Beserk than anything I've watched in a while . I do have a logistical question for a first person watcher (aka as aired on TV). Did it appear that some scenes were so dark that the detail was lost, or is it just that the detail I was expecting isn't there?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Aydan
Otaku

Yes, I've heard this going around, it was too dark.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
Lord_Vegita
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vegita Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Skype™ to Lord_Vegita

yeah, i don't know if that had to do with the encode or the series its self is actually that dark. it could be something similar to the fog of censoring that the japanese use a lot.

the boots really do sound cool. it's also kind of nice with the contrast of raki being loud and in your facel; while he's a little whinny it really isn't that bad. then you have clare being the silent killer that she is with a big sword and cool metal greaves that make a nice sound when she walks :p.

Lord_Vegita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
Cetonis

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good, though I'm not sure whether Raki's presence is good for the contrast or bad for the mood. Ah well, I imagine there's good reason. Agreed on the boots, I also liked the random bagpipe track, that's a nice touch. The ending is pretty good as well.
Cetonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
Kuro
Narumon Z

its good stuff
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
Julianlivre
Anime Fan in Training

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre

IYAAAAAA!!!! female main characters really disturbs me!!!!!! *Julian will not be watching this -.-
Julianlivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #10
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Looks very promising. Not a fan of gore-horror in general because I think it's so difficult to pull off well without repeating what others have done or sink into pure cliche. But this anime might actually be a 7/10 if it continues like this. Maybe an 8 if it throws in more surprises/originality. I liked both episodes 1 and 2, thought they carried a great level of emotional impact. On the other hand I'm worried about how far one can take the 'journeying' mechanism before it becomes repetitive.

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote