Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
BTime

Default Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I was going to put some information here from AniDB, but they quoted AnimeNFO's descriptor which is pretty much crap.

The quick and dirty; High school action/drama/horror series.

A group of Teens gain mysterious abilities after a nearly fatal encounter with a demon. They then reluctantly decide to band together and fight the demonic foes which are appearing with increasing frequency in their city. The tone of the anime is fairly serious. Blood & graphic violence. Parental guidance may be advised.

Last edited by rockenroll4life; 10-01-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #2
VnTB
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou

I recommend this.

VnTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Lord_Vegita
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vegita Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Skype™ to Lord_Vegita

so far the show has the same anime style as Tenjou Tenge, and the characters are pretty good. i'm going to continue watching this series and i have some hope for it ^^_.

Lord_Vegita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
sevencreature
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vegita View Post
so far the show has the same anime style as Tenjou Tenge, and the characters are pretty good.
O_O

Could you be more specific? Because Ogure Ito's drawing style is, ehm, kinda, special... Or what do you mean by "anime style"?
sevencreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Firstly, I disagree about it having the same anime style as Tengou Tenge. Someone is a little bit blind.

Secondly, I REALLY like this anime. It's one of those shallow affairs where I'm not going to expect much character depth but gonna enjoy the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fighting sequences and the eye-feast that is the artistic concept. The style is sexy, sleek and the animation is top-knotch. The comedy seems a bit forced but it's definitely bearable.

This anime seems formulaic, it's done-before, but it's refreshing in that it's doing the formula in acceptable quality. Wasn't that great a fan of Fate/Stay Night and couldn't finish Shakugan no Shana because it got horrendously repetitive and boring. But this... this might pull it off (PLEASE GOD).

PS. It's hilariously awesome that this anime has scremo for its opening theme. It started and I was like 'Thrice... is that you?' HAHAHAHA!

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!

Last edited by VivisQueen; 03-05-2007 at 03:04 PM.
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
Lord_Vegita
Experienced Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vegita Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vegita Send a message via Skype™ to Lord_Vegita

hmm, i don't know what i was saying when i said that. i think i might have been on crack when i was thinking that. now i'm going to have to tenjou tenge again >_<

Lord_Vegita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
VivisQueen

Lol! On crack? You drug yourself up a lot before watching anime, do you?

And lol at 'Dragon Veins'. Gods. I love silly fantasy names for stuff. Am on third episode and not sure about the dynamics between the characters. It looks a bit forced at the moment, like they're trying to establish all their complex emotions too quickly. I wish they'd rather start by developing a main storyline or something... not just kinda having random demon-fighting.

The two more irritating characters so far: Aoi (shut up about being useless, Jesus Christ), and Houjin or whatever-with-the-wooden-sword (because he's trying too hard to be bad-ass).

But overall, still entertained.

*comes back after watching episode 4*

This anime is SO overblown, it makes me crack up. If it continues like this, I'll get bored.

Last edited by VivisQueen; 03-06-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
sevencreature
Anime Fan in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi's Queen View Post
but gonna enjoy the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fighting sequences and the eye-feast that is the artistic concept. The style is sexy, sleek and the animation is top-knotch.
Uh. Are you watching the same CRAPPY raws as me? Because the last adjective I would use is "beautiful" and "enjoy" >_>

Otherwise fine, but video quality is really terrible. Well, one TV...
sevencreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #9
VivisQueen

You migth be watching somethind different. Seriously, because what I'm seeing is very pretty. Although, after episode 4, I'm not going to call it THAT entertaining anymore. It's in danger of turning into a 'let's satisfy the 14-year old goth kids with mediocre and rather stupid plotlines' type of anime. Such a shame. The animation is being wasted on the story idea.

Gonna see if it might have something to do with the translation before I give up. At the moment, their dialogue comes across a tad... static. Gonna switch from Shinsen to... the other more reputable one that only has one episode out so far.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #10
Cetonis

Well, it is currently just a bunch of high school kids playing hero, but somehow I can't bring myself to believe the story is going to stay that uninteresting for the entirety.

Agreed that the video quaity of the raws is horrid, though the animation itself seems to be pretty good underneath it...
Cetonis is offline   Reply With Quote