Strawberry Panic - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
Terra

Default Re: Strawberry Panic!

I love this anime. Althought the humor becomes less and less, i still love it. The graphics are very good, and it keeps you wondering till the end ^^
Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 AM   #22
Uriel
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Reading this thread made me feel like i was in high school on religion lessons (we have smth like that here in Poland oO). Few empty headed devout girls from our class and yound priest discussing with us why homosexuality is a disease and people affected by it should be treated in special "camps".

It may sound crazy, but it really happend. That was funniest Religion Lesson i ever had - my friend gave me a call that we will discuss "homo" topics and i sprinted from bar to school to take part in it. Only beacause i love to argue with priests. They tend to get funny when you quote doctors and scientists by names and all they can do is quote their leaflets and bible.

Well, that was not exactly on topic but i felt sentimental ;-)
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #23
wolfangel87

Send a message via AIM to wolfangel87 Send a message via MSN to wolfangel87

I thought the clothing in this anime was excellent and all of the different character types really got me into the show. I did not read anything about it before I started watching it and it is not the usual type of anime I would like but I do have to say that I loved it after I watched the whole thing and I would totally recommend it!

Thanks to Rock for my awesome signature!
wolfangel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #24
madcomic
Narumon Z

I've just started it... but I'm not sure what to make of it...

I mean... 3 different schools all not further apart then I can trow a rock!

All ONLY girls...

I'm just wondering, will there ever apear a male character... I believe I can better not hope for it...

Looks more like an alternate universe where the male species is (almost) extinct!

I don't know if this is someone's kind of wet dream or something that girls should relate too... I realy havn't got anything against this kind of homo/lesbian thing, but I ever see this in real life (on this wide scale) I believe I would run... But then again... Its just an anime, and I can decide for myself if I want to watch it or not.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
kainbloodheart
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to kainbloodheart
Default Re: Strawberry Panic *

Has this been released on DVD in america yet
Old 03-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #26
vetosmurf
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcomic View Post
I'm just wondering, will there ever apear a male character... I believe I can better not hope for it...
it'd probably end up like something along the lines of School Days if that were to happen...
Strawberry Panic is pretty good though. Obviously some unusual things like all three schools being right next to each other, but meh it's a story - who cares :p
Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #27
PhoenixMoonStar
Narumon Z

You know, I wasn't sure what to think about this anime when I first got a hold of it. A friend 'warned me' that it wasn't very good. But I'm up to episode 21, and so far there have only been a few scenes I think it could have done without, and maybe it's because I just can't stand those two characters. I wasn't sure if I'd like the whole 'girl/girl' relationship thing but the more I watch it, the more I can focus on the story. I think that's the thing some people lose sight of because they tend to focus more on the kissing and such. There's a whole lot of internal drama going on. I think, at least the part I'm getting from it, it isn't about the "OMG Girl loves girl sexy" bit but more the fact that these girls develop emotional bonds to each other. There were parts were I was all misty-eyed, and I'm not even all the way through it yet!
PhoenixMoonStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #28
wolfangel87

Send a message via AIM to wolfangel87 Send a message via MSN to wolfangel87

I just love all of the different types of uniforms for the schools and the characters are just so fun!

Thanks to Rock for my awesome signature!
wolfangel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #29
DemonRoach
Banned

Default Strawberry Panic

Ok. This series is about 3 schools filled with lesbian girls... I wasn't expecting it from reading about it, but....yeah,..everyone is a lesbian,...there are no guys in the entire anime series and a the word guy or boy is never uttered. Not only that,...but there is a lot of attempted lesbian rape of underage girls...Its really wierd. Other than that, its a good anime...
DemonRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #30
TohnoShiki
Narumon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMoonStar View Post
You know, I wasn't sure what to think about this anime when I first got a hold of it. A friend 'warned me' that it wasn't very good. But I'm up to episode 21, and so far there have only been a few scenes I think it could have done without, and maybe it's because I just can't stand those two characters. I wasn't sure if I'd like the whole 'girl/girl' relationship thing but the more I watch it, the more I can focus on the story. I think that's the thing some people lose sight of because they tend to focus more on the kissing and such. There's a whole lot of internal drama going on. I think, at least the part I'm getting from it, it isn't about the "OMG Girl loves girl sexy" bit but more the fact that these girls develop emotional bonds to each other. There were parts were I was all misty-eyed, and I'm not even all the way through it yet!

I totally agree with this, so many people miss out on great anime because of the wrong reasons, the whole point of Strawberry Panic (I feel) is not to see a lesbian scenes in an anime, but to see a story about Love. The series of short stories it was based on were written by a woman in a girls magazine about school life, which although may be a little unrealistic by our standards, end credit to the idea that this is not just an excuse to show schoolgirls in a "male fantasy". I think it would be a mistake to disregard this anime due to preconceptions of it.

...I loved this anime

TohnoShiki is offline   Reply With Quote