Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - Page 3 - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Re: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Episodes 1-8:

This has got to have one of the lowest budgets ever. The animation is terrible. The character designs are inconsistent and ugly (especially those supposed to be bishounen) and really make me miss the style in Ouran.

On the other hand, the comedy really works! I am still trying to figure out if the ugly animation is part of the trolling of the reverse harem shoujo genre. It also has some interesting gender role reversal - Sunako is the one always physically saving Kyohei from danger, and she's really good at all sorts of tasks, while Kyohei has experienced sexual harrassment in his past. Not to mention Sunako's incredibly awesome freaky demonic turns. Hah! In any case, glad I picked this up. It's filling the spaces between my research tasks nicely.

Finally, I seriously cannot get over the fact that everytime Kyohei opens his mouth, I hear Goro Honda. This brash voice was really not meant for a bishie.

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
VivisQueen
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Default Re: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Finished the show. And it was a lot of fun all the way through. Loved how it didn't betray it's roots of irreverence and parody even at the end.

So good. First time in ages the feminist in me walked away from an anime feeling fully satisfied. Highly recommended. 8/10

Check out my podcast - Nakama Britannica - latest episode is a review of Flag!
VivisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote