Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Manga Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #2431
4nime4ddict
Anime Fan in Training

Default Re: Bleach (Manga)

What chapter does that arc end? I'll have to keep that in mind! Although I'm really enjoying it at the minute, I can't imagine it'll get that bad D:
Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #2432
BrainBlow
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nime4ddict View Post
What chapter does that arc end? I'll have to keep that in mind! Although I'm really enjoying it at the minute, I can't imagine it'll get that bad D:
Chapter 182, basically.

Now, it doesn't go belly up immediately after. In fact, there's plenty memorable characters and moments for some time. But that is just setting oneself up for a great deal of hurt.
What is immediately apparent is that the following arc basically copy-pastes a lot of the story structure from the soul society arc, but it ends up having absolutely nowhere near the same payoff(and the Hueco mundo arc is infamously dragged out. Like, it took over four years to get done with just that one part of a grander arc)
The author clearly cares less and less for the art.
Do you see all those backgrounds on the chapters you're reading now?
Yeah, Kubo basically stops adding backgrounds. And when he does add some, it's as minimalist and lazy as possible.
The story deteriorates over time, and some characters like Orihime are just utterly ruined.
And Rukia is made into a secondary character, pretty much.
In the end it just isn't worth it beyond the Soul society arc.
I'm only still reading this now because the series will end "soon", and I feel like I have to complete what used to be one of my favorite series.

But it's up to you, of course. And surely you'll find plenty people desperately defending this wreck.

Open the spoiler! You trash!!
BrainBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #2433
ZetsubouKaiji

Send a message via Skype™ to ZetsubouKaiji

Speaking of Kubo being lazy, the chapters have also have less content the further in you get. Bleach chapters were never all that dense, especially when compared to something like One Piece, but since the anime ended the amount of wasted space and chapters where only a one or two minor things have increased pretty dramatically. Normally you'd expect the opposite, the chapters should be getting more dense as the characters and scope of the story expand. A manga like Shokugeki no Soma is doing it right. The chapters were always pretty satisfying, but over the last 5-6 chapters there has been a lot more stuff going on which makes it even more satisfying to read every week. Whereas with Bleach there was an entire chapter where nothing happened except Ichigo starts running down some stairs and that was 30-40 chapters ago, and there's still no sign of him showing up any time soon. There are other examples I could give but that one is the most ridiculous and not a spoiler.

The lack of content in the chapters is also going to make it hell for the studio if they ever try to make an anime for it again. It's either going to be adapting 4-5 chapters per episode or a shitton of filler and beyond the story going downhill anyway, the amount of filler in the Bleach anime makes some of it pretty damn un-watchable. There are a ton of really cringe worthy filler episodes that come in during awkward times during the anime. There's nothing like being in the middle of a fight only to have the next episode be the Shinigami going to a film festival or a Kon episode.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

ZetsubouKaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #2434
BrainBlow

If they make an anime continuation, they'll probably do it after the series has ended. Then they can compress it fairly easily into a two-cour season or something, like what happened with Inuyasha.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #2435
ZetsubouKaiji

Send a message via Skype™ to ZetsubouKaiji

Yeah, that's true. Bleach's heyday is well in the past by now so there's no reason to rush it back into production. I guess we can all hope that readership will drop off so much by the time this train wreck arc ends that no one will want to make it anyway.

Unless there's someone out there that really feels like Gemmy just has to be animated.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

ZetsubouKaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #2436
Thrawn
POPEE BELIEVER

Is Gemmy- Aw fuck, now I remember. That little shitfuck. He was a turd stain on a turd stain on the underwear of when Bleach was quality 600 chapters ago, when you could say you were a fan of it and not get smacked around.

I'd love some of the parts in the recent arc to be animated. Vice Captain Gorgeous with today's shiny, spiffy animation which would make her extremely gorgeous. Unfortunately... that means

Horror villain of the year.

Because my amazing taste is too much for my signature to show outright:

Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #2437
LinkSword
POPEE BELIEVER

They'd probably get Yuki Kaji to voice Imagination Boy. Can you picture the cringe?

LinkSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #2438
BrainBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkSword View Post
They'd probably get Yuki Kaji to voice Imagination Boy. Can you picture the cringe?
Got nothing against him, but he's a good actor of the sort that never manages to improve on a fundamentally bad character.
At least not on ones with a higher pitched voice. So yes. Cringe.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:11 AM   #2439
Anudevil13

Last edited by Anudevil13; 05-14-2014 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:26 AM   #2440
BrainBlow

^Spoiler tag your shit, Anu.

Chapter 580