Guilty Crown - Anime-Planet forum

Go Back   Anime-Planet forum > Anime and Manga Discussion > Specific Anime Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
azanimefan
Otaku
 
azanimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 36
Posts: 2,925
Default Guilty Crown

Guilty Crown


Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations


Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.
__________________________________________



Didn't see a thread, so i figured I'd start one.

Have no idea what i just watched, looking forward to ep 2 though.
__________________
azanimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Tenzen12
Anime Fan in Training
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 165
Default Re: Guilty Crown

Not bad, but this one can disapoint in future. Nice action if nothing else (I hope it doesn't end just with that though). Looking forward second episode.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
greyweather
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
greyweather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 34
Posts: 3,496
Default Re: Guilty Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by azanimefan View Post
Have no idea what i just watched, looking forward to ep 2 though.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Maybe then what happened in that last minute will make sense.
__________________



greyweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
BGMaxie
Otaku
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,351
Default Re: Guilty Crown

It was fast and entertaining. Why does the sudden turn of events that is both sides of the conflict SO similar to the beginning of Final Fantasy XIII? It was like NORA vs PSICOM, they even "purge" too.

PS: That chick is pretty
BGMaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
AirCommodore
Otaku
 
AirCommodore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Age: 24
Posts: 2,762
Send a message via Skype™ to AirCommodore
Default Re: Guilty Crown

Throughout the entire episode I kept expecting someone to get called an Eleven, and then for it to be all "Surprise! This is that third season of Code Geass everyone's been all woozy about!"


Anyway. This episode was super slick. It remains to be seen whether it can deliver anything interesting.
__________________
AirCommodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
kargarus
Otaku
 
kargarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Blackwater Park
Posts: 1,531
Default Re: Guilty Crown

^ The main writer behind Guilty Crown was also responsible for Code Geass - but indeed a lot of similarities. I also got a GITS:SAC vibes probably thanks to the slick animation by Production I.G, the future modern setting (and the camouflaged mech).

I quite liked this episode. Yes we have the usual uncomfortable in his own skin teenage protagonist, but I like the setting and it'll be interesting to find out the politics and intrigue going on behind the scenes.
__________________
kargarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Quizap
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Quizap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earthland, with the greatest guild imaginable
Age: 30
Posts: 4,579
Send a message via AIM to Quizap
Default Re: Guilty Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kargarus View Post
^ The main writer behind Guilty Crown was also responsible for Code Geass - but indeed a lot of similarities. I also got a GITS:SAC vibes probably thanks to the slick animation by Production I.G, the future modern setting (and the camouflaged mech).

I quite liked this episode. Yes we have the usual uncomfortable in his own skin teenage protagonist, but I like the setting and it'll be interesting to find out the politics and intrigue going on behind the scenes.
^ This

So far, this, F/Z and Miriai Nikki are what I'm impressed with. The others are decent or completely retarded but those 3 are wowzers.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Thanks captaincrunch!!

Quizap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Garyuu
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Garyuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 4,988
Default Re: Guilty Crown

It definitely is a pretty nice looking anime. I agree with the comparisons, and this even made me think of Dantalian no Shoka a little at the end. Girls have magical powers in their chests (I mean that literally).

This is an noitaminA anime huh? That's a bummer. Most of them only last about eleven episodes. I hope this is an anime goes against that trend. Action shows often feel like they end before anything really starts when they are that short. It's like you can just tell that the anime could have been so much more, but they were cut short. That's just what I think.
__________________
Garyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #9
Nihatclodra
Moderator
 
Nihatclodra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: I hereby welcome you to the other side of sanity.
Age: 19
Posts: 3,056
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihatclodra
Default Re: Guilty Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyuu View Post
It definitely is a pretty nice looking anime. I agree with the comparisons, and this even made me think of Dantalian no Shoka a little at the end. Girls have magical powers in their chests (I mean that literally).

This is an noitaminA anime huh? That's a bummer. Most of them only last about eleven episodes. I hope this is an anime goes against that trend. Action shows often feel like they end before anything really starts when they are that short. It's like you can just tell that the anime could have been so much more, but they were cut short. That's just what I think.
Guilty Crown is planned for 26 episodes I heard.
__________________


Nihatclodra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
Garyuu
MY DNA IS MADE UP OF ANIME
 
Garyuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 4,988
Default Re: Guilty Crown

I didn't see anything about 26 episodes, but I did just see an article that it will run for half a year. So yeah, about 26 episodes.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-run-3-months

That's good, if the show continues being good.
__________________
Garyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.