Space Dandy 2

Episode 1.
That was frigging great.
The universe hopping and meeting all the other Dandy's was frigging hilarious. The AOT parody was a crack-up too. Kinda dragged when they all got on the ship, but other than that it was funny stuff.
Good episode.

I enjoyed the return of D N A... Dandy, that's it.

Ep 1
Just about as random and funny as I would expect from the show. Many parodies with the parallel Dandys which were great. Ending of course makes no sense but makes everything back to normal, but that's just the usual for Dandy.

I just hope they learned their lesson last season and won't have anymore boring episodes that just drag on. Looking at you underpants episode.

Episode 1:
I actually really liked this episode. It dragged on a little towards the end, but it was still better than what I expected.
Michael Jackson/Goku Dandy was the best.

Episode Uno:
I pretty much have the same feelings as most others, I loved the episode and found all the shout outs and trope parodies to be pretty funny. Also
despite only being a cameo I think Female Dandy might become popular. Personally, from the brief bits I saw, I think the designers did a great job making a female Dandy without making it the usual "just the male character but with boobs and feminine figure". Also am I the only one who thought she kinda looked like Cutie Honey or possibly Ulala?

Episode 1:

I kind of wish they would make
emo Dandy the lead.

Episode 2:

The fuck did I just watch?

This episode was beyond terrible. I could tolerate the first episode even if I didn't love it. It had a unique premise and it stuck to the premise to have a few decent jokes. The second episode just showed everything terrible about this show. I mean the whole tone here was wrong, there weren't any real jokes and the puppet man was too damn creepy for a fucking comedy.

The english dub of this is hilarious sometimes. Last week is was Bryce Papenbrook who was the random dude of the day and today's episode was Todd Haberkorn's turn.

I fear for the day that we have to hear Vic Mignogna. Oh boy.

Episode 3:

Nope.

This episode was just plain painful to watch. It's like someone saw a Monty Python sketch, but didn't understand what makes the surrealist humor work and then stretched up the non-joke for 20 minutes. The art this week was fucking sloppy and looked like crap.

So yeah, this episode was a waste of time. The last two episodes have been among the worst episodes of Space Dandy. The first episode wasn't great, but it was better than these two turds. Hopefully, this can struggle its way back to being merely sucky rather than painful to watch next week.

Episode 4.
That's better.
Creepy Kururu eyes or not, Plant Head Girl was a straight up cutie pie...then again, that is the high school cliche they were mocking. The musical bits...eh. They were mildly amusing, but not that good. Though the booty song was funny stuff. And the various pop culture references were good too.
Good episode.

Episode 4:

Seems like Space Dandy can get it right occasionally. This episode was quite funny and the parody was pretty damn on point. It was a pretty damn good send up of 80s teen comedies. A lot of the various scenes brought to mind John Hughes movies and of course the training montage is a staple of the 80s movie. Even the dorky girl literally flowering was a nice little joke.

One thing Space Dandy usually gets right is the music and this episode was quite on point. The song for the training montage was fucking awesome and I also quite enjoyed the ass song/ dance off number. It's funny because I somehow just knew Dandy was going to have to win a dance off to get through this episode. The blonde's songs were pretty meh, but they were supposed to be as part of the joke so I didn't mind those songs at all when they are sandwiched between some great and funny music.

I didn't even mind that Dandy forgot his original purpose in going to the school, it was actually a funny little touch with him trying to relive a bit of youth he never got to experience. [/spoiler]

So yeah, this was a really fun and entertaining episode. I won't hold my breath that this show has suddenly gotten good, this is probably just a one off episode where they got lucky, but I'll take what I can get.

Episode 4

Finally an episode that was good. It didn't even have to be super comedic. It hit all the right spots and the music was spot on as well.

Episode 1: Pretty boring, but still above par for this show.

Episodes 2 and 3: Fucking abysmal attempts at entertainment, and I felt second-hand embarrassment for the creators.

Episode 4: It had its moments, and the chosen premise had enough material to mine enough jokes for it to never become stale, which is something that Dandy otherwise excels at. The jokes were more on point too, and the usual lack of finesse and tone-deafness was absent. If only every episode could have been this good.

I wonder if someone different wrote episode 4, because whoever wrote that at least understood about pacing a joke and following a premise through to its conclusion. Or maybe all the episodes were written by the writers while stoned and this is the first time they've had the clarity of thought to make something that felt more cohesive.

I will say that the Space Gorilla has to be in contention for most pointless side character ever. He has never done anything to justify his screen time. Even when he does something it's so stupid they could have just gotten another character to do it. His scenes feel like they are part of a different anime and they are so divorced from the rest of the episodes that they might as well be. It's not even one of those cases where at least he gives Dandy something to do or respond to each week. Usually he's a step or two behind Dandy and gets there to late to do anything other than getting himself killed sometimes. It's not even a good joke about him being the token antagonist because he rarely has enough screen time for the joke to be funny.

Ep1-4
Looks as if each of these episodes are by different directors/writers or whatever like last season.

I am honestly thinking this show is just like season 1, it is a 50/50 good or bad feel to it.

Episode 5.
Weird art and animation.
Boring.
No good jokes.
Dandy and an old guy in a fundoshi all episode.

Bad episode.

Episode 6.
And it swings back around to good. (And kind of awesome)
Who knew Honey had it in her? Not only is she a half-alien, biker girl. She's also a badass asskicker who totally kicked Gels ass. That was awesome. And the Narrator was in rare form today. He was a crack-up all episode. And drunk Scarlet. Hilarious.
Good episode.

Back