Girl Friend BETA

Oh shit, did this start already? This is something I've been hotly anticipating after the gripping synopsis everybody gave it. This will be the mega-tits of shows for this season and make all other shows with girls in them look like crap.

The final evolution of anime is here and I am so not ready, but I will find a way to bear the grandeur anyway. I always do.

Is this the one that makes me drop my life and go on a personal quest to find out the meaning of my life. Only one way to find out.

^ If something ever deserved an Angry Hitler parody, this would be it. :laugh:

As for the show at hand... Yeah, y'all guessed right, I'm not touching it with a 10m pole.

I thought this said "Girlfriends". I was about to get hyped for an anime of a good Yuri manga. Now I'm disappointed.

I'm about to start this and I'll be "Holy shit this is GOTY. All those other shitty ass shows are playing for third because this is taking first and second".

So: Who will be the Brad of the group, or for Twin-Tails, the Genny and Zet?

Episode 1:

Well, I don't have anything funny to say about this. Honestly, it's just your typical SOL cute girls doing cute things anime. I can't even say it was particularly bad at it. I was fucking bored as hell during the episode and waiting for something to happen to make it awful, but I've got nothing.

I do hate the French chick, I know it's a Japanese voice actor doing their impression of a foreigner but her speech pattern bugs the fuck out of me and sounds so damn off.

Episode 1

Perfect. 10/10. Actually it's really more of a 11/10 but you know, have to keep it 10/10 for rating reasons and shit. And now I'll watch it.

Dat design, those animals were so fucking detailed as fuck.
This piano, musical as shit. The good shit.

Foxy mom is foxy. She can be a girlfriend.
Cute girl is a girlfriend. She can win.

Good morning.

Dat food is like Wolfgang Puck came to cook for breakfast.
The tournament of sexiness or being girlfriendliness?
Those cars are as detailed as fuck. It's like I'm watching a car commercial.

The fuck is this OP? No, the fuck is this OP? Plaid? What is this, the fucking 80s or some shit that isn't recent times? More like why fucking plaid? That ain't slimming. Black is slimming. Stripes can be slimming if used right. I had to pause to comment on these fashion choices for their uniforms because it needs to be commented on.

The girl we see modelling this dreadful skirt has a sizable bust, which diverts attention from the skirt and onto the shirt, while not inspired is still better than the skirt and the light blue lining is quite pretty and well-needed.

Blonde girl with blue eyes and the second largest rack at worst? Check.
White-haired, sexy as all hell stoic girl who reads books and should obviously win but will not because the MC is a fucking toolfuck and oh my god her short hair I think it's short and if it is then holy crap that is so fucking sexy- Check.
Sports chick with a small bust and pony-tail? Check.

Wait, waitwaitwait. Yapapa-pan~? Is this Ranma 1/2 I'm watching? Or am I thinking of Maison Ikkoku? Think it's Ranma 1/2.

I'm just pausing every few seconds for the OP because holy shit everything needs to be commented on because there are more perfect things than non-perfect things and mega tits shitpickle.

The soft colours, to better highlight the girls' loveliness and kindness, sweetness and beauty.

Rats, it was pig- braid things? Two braids on White-Haired Sex God. Still muchos sexy.

BUSTY RUNNING GAL WITH SHORT BLUE HAIR WON THIS SHIT

That in-sync "MMhm Mmhm" with blondie, fucking. Amazifuck. The most perfect ass timing ever.

Wait, oh shit, there was just four girls? I thought there was 6! 6 is a magical number, indicating diversity, variety, the ability to choose among a large variety of eligible bachelorettes. But four, to represent the east, the north. The south, and the west, four goddesses to contend for the lucky bastard's heart. The gal, front and center, the brunette, is the forerunner with her bit at the start and being in the foreground in the closing shot of the EP, is the canon ending if this has one but White-Haired Gal should be the real winner.

And that ends the OP.

Our first promise? Didn't he make a childhood promise all those years ago?

Good morning~

What a sweetie, gardening.

Grey-haired gal! A teacher that looks younger than the girls and is still bustier than them! THIS SHOW HAS IT ALL.

ATHLETIC GAL WITH THE RACK AND SHORT BLUE HAIR AND BUTT SHE CAN WIN IT ALL

Wait, they have lacrosse in Japan? FUCK YES

Work for your food? Sounds reasonable.

Stretches :megusta:

Oh, ,what? Rhythmic gymnastics? Fuck yeah!

"And I'll sell these to those horny boys for 350% upsell, cha-ching!"
Woah, is Mochizuki sempai stoned? This early in the morning? Her voice is hilariously off, but hilariously on for being flying high.

Chloe? Sure.
Lay it on me sistah!

I swear she is stoned or something.
Erena has the munchies.

She just means... just imagine I had an euphemism for sexual pleasure.

Mimi done a few bad things and had to be silenced.
Oh shit, Brunette is fucking smart!

ERMAGODBONERS AT THAT FRENCH

Is there a French transfer student in the school? Then they're blonde and sexy.

"Merci", tres bien :megusta:

Why, what hotness you have french mama.

Woah, I thought it was stoner chick but it was just her friend, Other Stoner Chick.

This bouncable music, and then it goes to the usual stuff.

Four balls :megusta:

Abwa? Man this is educational as fuck.

They have health committees in school?

Famous for being dead sexy?

What. Why on earth would you want to take pictures of an eye-chart?

OH SHIT there's a shitload of guys there. I didn't even notice them.

Kinda feels like I'm playing a Visual Novel.
The music feels visual novelly.

Council Presidents are always sexy.

FUCK YES THE LIBRARY SHE IS THERE
GO TO THE LIBRARY
GO NOW
FUCK YES YOU ARE SMART BRUNETTE

FUCK COCKBLOCKED

Chase music

YEEEESSSSSS- SEXY OLDER CLASS-PERSON WHO ALL THE GIRLS WANT TO SLEEP WITH BECAUSE SHE IS SO SEXY
Brunette should give her a more... indepth interview, if you know what I mean :megusta:

Girl crush! I LOVE YOU SASAHARA SEMPAI I TRULY WISH YOU END UP WITH BRUNETTE

Sports ti- SHIT

Shake shake shake your- oh, it's over. Was thinking of the OP of Ping Pong Shits.

FUCK YES LIBRARY TIME

Fumio, dead sexy.
Flower arrangement, tres elegant and tres sexy.
Speaking of sexy, dat smile. Adorable~

Wait, this is only lunch? This is a long ass day.

They got all the colors of the sun for their hair.

What a douche, that guy who skipped clean-up duty.

That adorable girl with the flowers is so adorable :love:

Heh, she can't catch her for peanuts.

I love how Adorable Flower Girl is completely and utterly unhelpful.

Opium is not a flower Stoner Girl. Wait... I mean, dang, perpetually stoned. Yeah.

Look at that lunch. Usually it's a sandwich, an apple, a bottle of water if I remember it and maybe some veggies in a little plastic bag and a dessert snack.

OH SHIT IPHONE 6

FUCK YES THIS PROMOTES GIRLFRIENDS

SPEAK MORE FRENCH
GOD THAT FRENCH IS SO SEXY
SEEEEEEEEEXY

Like... all the girls of the Beta.

FUCK. YES.

Oh... my... god... Brunette is the MC! She is the one beta-testing the hearts of the girls! That is the most fucking ass genius plot twist ever.
Something... sexy :megusta:
NO SHE CAN- YOU CAN DO SOMETHING
SOMETHING SEXY
NOOOOOOOO SEXY OPTION

Wait, promise on death? Man that is hardcore.

Man... no guy had a voice in this first episode. Because of the twist, all males are vastly unimportant and thus irrelevant to the plot in every. Single. Possible way. Why is this? Because it's the Brunette that is the guy, the MC of the visual novel. The one who is to change their hearts and to teach them love, the only way a fellow girl can: The sexy way.

-----------------------

FUCK YES BLUE-HAIRED CHICK GETS MORE SEXY SCREEN TIME AND PROMINENCE

This defied my expectations in the most radical way possible, reasons and spoilers below:

Instead of the MC beta-testing the hearts of young maidens, it's a young maiden beta-testing hearts. Why would it be called Girlfriend Beta if it's not a guy getting a bunch of girlfriends? If it's not about a guy getting his harem on with his high school chums? That's because, the guy is the girl, and the girl is getting all the fems to know love, because this, this is the only reasonable and logical conclusion one can draw from this premise and this entire episode, which brings me to the conclusion that because of this twist, it went against my expectations of a guy and his harem, to a girl and her harem, and is thus, GOTY.

That's own Thrawn finding the silver lining in the most boring of tripe.

I did like the scene where she was talking to the president and left her mouth hanging open for a full thirty seconds while the pres and vice pres had a conversation.

HorribleSubsGirlFriendBeta-01720pmkv_snapshot_1214_20141012_150917.jpg

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I am trying to catch flies.

Almost in the vein of Penguin Boners.

I can't remember, was Pres the girl Brunette had a crush on? And she was slack-jawed and barely avoided drooling? And who wouldn't look like a dumbass when talking to that tasty piece of H?

Nah, that was the scene before the one where she starts drooling over the blonde chick although I can see your confusion as all the scenes kind of blur together.

The characters here have a serious case of sameface. The entire episode she kept running into various blonde girls and every time I thought it was the one she was looking for. Only figured it out when they didn't have the stupid sounding speech pattern.

Then she has no reason to stand there like a slack-jawed yokel.

I could tell the French Blonde from the other Blondes because she slapped French into her dialogue, and Stoner Chick from the other students apart from the tired sounding one but most of the others, hit or miss. By voice, god no. Hair, everybody has a different color. If Frenchie didn't speak French, I would only know it's her if Brunette handed the picture over.

Episode 1

Nothing too bad, but it was boring as hell.
Nothing new, just a typical slice of life on girls in a school...

Well at least it feels better than Stone Idols... =v=

Girl Friend Beta is a psychological look at rhythmic gymnastics. Fumio is best girl. Girl Friend Beta could possibly win the Oscar for Best Film. You may have a different favorite girl, but you'd be wrong.

I've decided to only watch Girl Friend Beta and stop watching all other anime. I can't have any distractions.

Girl Friend Beta is a psychological look at rhythmic gymnastics. Fumio is best girl. Girl Friend Beta could possibly win the Oscar for Best Film. You may have a different favorite girl, but you'd be wrong.

I've decided to only watch Girl Friend Beta and stop watching all other anime. I can't have any distractions.

Thrawn, I think we've found your new life partner.

He is easily smarter than all of y'all, because we think alike.

We are gonna be the best of friends :megusta:

Episode 1

Nothing too bad, but it was boring as hell.
Nothing new, just a typical slice of life on girls in a school...

Well at least it feels better than Stone Idols... =v=

Typical my ass :flip: This is secretly a harem within the shell of the "Cute girls doing cute things slice-of-life" genre, and know what? No guys to mess up this harem.

Back