Loveless

Wolfco

Forum Moderator
Loveless

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Anybody else finding this anime enjoyable if just this side of OK????

The below is not a spoiler, but I don't want anyone one judge this anime based on my own confusion.

I'm not alluding to the shounen-ai aspects. I'm just a little worried about yhe ethics of emotionally bonding a young boy to an adult in that fashion. You can argue that trauma forces earily maturation which might make the focus OK. On the other hand you can assume the other party is so damaged they will only exacerbate the problems in the main character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cont'ing in my Quest

Hey,
Did I like morbidly offend someone with this post? I just wanted to hear some alternative options. I can't possible be the only person who was willing to give it a try. I know at least a few people are interested because some very nice people are willing to fansub it for losers like me who can't understand Japanese.

HELP :crying:

daijoubou

it's alright there wolfco. i was up in mainland japan last month and i saw some flyers for it and thought it looked interesting so i am going to give it a try here really soon ( i have a lot on my platter right now so it might be a while :p). if it's shonnen-ai i know my friend will be all over it since she is a huge shonnen-ai (yaoi) fan.

My only question is this: Does this series have anything to do with the show in Final Fantasy VII called Loveless, or do they just share the same title?

Karplusan: Not even remotely. I did complete a sort review of the series if you need a rundown. Just check my thread. By the way, the AniRe gives a sort descriptions of each series.

I'm sure it is just a naming convention coincidence, but I can't remember the references to Loveless in FFVII to even compare it to your review or the Anime Recommendation Database. All I remember is that somewhere late in Disk 2 Cid says something about it.

I only saw two shounen-ai anime and this is one of them. I'm a big fan of male+male relationships, but the anime was really good and profound. I love Ritsuka, he struggles so much by himself that I can't help but admire him. Soubi is ok, but he didn't fascinate me too much.

I so love this series. It's my first show I watched subbed. the characters are wonderful.
I would like to read the manga someday.

This anime was the gateway one for me. I did watch My Neighbor Totoro when I was little, but that never motivated me to start watching other anime. I love Loveless. The animation is very dreamlike and entrancing, the music and sound effects are perfect, and Soubi is... Mmm Soubi. :love:

I'm currently reading the manga. Volume 4 is up next. It's drawn well and I'm really enjoying it. I only miss the classic Ritsuka voice when he yells, "SOUBI!" I have to do it in my head whenever I read it. :laugh:

This anime was the gateway one for me. I did watch My Neighbor Totoro when I was little, but that never motivated me to start watching other anime. I love Loveless. The animation is very dreamlike and entrancing, the music and sound effects are perfect, and Soubi is... Mmm Soubi. :love:

I'm currently reading the manga. Volume 4 is up next. It's drawn well and I'm really enjoying it. I only miss the classic Ritsuka voice when he yells, "SOUBI!" I have to do it in my head whenever I read it. :laugh:

Oh, I love Soubi too. I love the way he tells Ritsuka "I love you"
I would love to check out the manga someday. I feel you on wanting to hear
the voices. I love the guy who does Soubi voice.:love:

Oh, I love Soubi too. I love the way he tells Ritsuka "I love you"
I would love to check out the manga someday. I feel you on wanting to hear
the voices. I love the guy who does Soubi voice.:love:

W00t another Soubi fan! You should definitely check out the manga. He is drawn oddly a couple times in it, but the good ones make up for it. There's also a whole bunch more of the bickering with Kio about him being a perv or not- and that always cracks me up.

W00t another Soubi fan! You should definitely check out the manga. He is drawn oddly a couple times in it, but the good ones make up for it. There's also a whole bunch more of the bickering with Kio about him being a perv or not- and that always cracks me up.

Oooh, then I should really read the manga. I never read manga before, but
I would love to someday. I do love Loveless alot. It's in my top 5!

I found Loveless to be decent. I honestly was really creeped out when I first watched the show, as Soubi was acting incredibly creepy. I actually checked online to make sure I didn't accidently buy anything really creepy >_>

Anyway, I thought the series was enjoyable though a little boring at times. It was honestly getting really interesting near the end of the series, and I was disapointed the anime series got cancelled. I will probably pick up the manga series one of these days.

Also, I absolutely loved the opening theme. I thought it was really beautiful.

I found Loveless to be decent. I honestly was really creeped out when I first watched the show, as Soubi was acting incredibly creepy. I actually checked online to make sure I didn't accidently buy anything really creepy >_>

Anyway, I thought the series was enjoyable though a little boring at times. It was honestly getting really interesting near the end of the series, and I was disapointed the anime series got cancelled. I will probably pick up the manga series one of these days.

Also, I absolutely loved the opening theme. I thought it was really beautiful.

Yay! Another Loveless fan! Yeah, at first I thought he was creepy as well.
But it is a beautiful show I think!

I love Loveless. It is definitely one of my all time favorite animes :love: .
I wasn't going to watch it at first but then I noticed the cat ears in the screen shots, I sort of have a thing for cat ears. After I watched it I went out and bought all the Volumes of the manga that were released at the time, I think I'm on Vol. 6 at the moment. The anime is awesome but I think I enjoy the manga more since there is more of a story and more explanations to everything.

I wasn't going to watch it at first but then I noticed the cat ears in the screen shots, I sort of have a thing for cat ears. After I watched it I went out and bought all the Volumes of the manga that were released at the time, I think I'm on Vol. 6 at the moment. The anime is awesome but I think I enjoy the manga more since there is more of a story and more explanations to everything.

That sounds a lot like me... I was so close to not even watching it, but one night I gave it a try and boom. Insta-fangirl.

awww o.o I watched it over a year ago and... I totally love Soubi x Ritsuka and Kouya x Yamato

this series was a lot of fun to watch, but in the end, I think there could've been more episodes xD

I'm reading the manga now, but so far am only on vol. 4 xD, thought I think we have vol. 8 out here in germany o,o

but I just can tell everybody else, to watch it. Although of its aspects of shounen-ai and lolicon. You all noticed that, too, right? O___o or was I the only one in the end? xD

You know what, I think Loveless will definitely be my first step into manga.
If it has more of a storyline in it I'll read it cause I feel the series has too many loose threads.

You know what, I think Loveless will definitely be my first step into manga.
If it has more of a storyline in it I'll read it cause I feel the series has too many loose threads.

Oh it definitely has more of a storyline. Be sure to post what you think once you start reading it! I think we may have a new manga fan soon... :smile:

Back