Anime-Planet's manga database - now with webcomics!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
The manga moderators and I have come up with a plan for adding webcomics to the database. While there's plenty of doujinshi-style (or quality level) stuff out there that we will not be adding, we agree that manga/manhwa/manhua from legitimate, reputable publishers such as Gangan Online should be added.

We're still refining the guidelines and the more requests we get and the more we add, the easier it will be to add them in the future.

Some important points:

* We will only add webcomics from a legitimate publisher, such as Gangan Online

* Manga that started out in a physical magazine and then became a webcomic, such as Aphorism, will not be tagged with webcomic

* As always, we are currently only adding titles that have been translated in some way

How can you help?

1. First, browse the current list of webcomics we have added

2. If we're missing any of your favorites, or have denied a request in the past for being a webcomic, please request it here. Please include the fact that it's a webcomic in the request, and link to the MU entry.

**Please do not request titles we've already added - read the link in step 1 first to see if we have it yet

**Please do not reply with a link to 'browse all webcomics' on a site like MU - we're aware of these pages, and since the moderators have limited time each day to handle user requests, we'd like to prioritize specific requests for titles you'd like to see added.

Thanks in advance for your patience! We'll get to your requests quickly and will continue to refine the guidelines so that adding more webcomics in the future is easier.

~sothis

Hmm... Re-requesting previously denied webmangas won't be easy. I know there were several that I had requested in the past to make recs with & didn't notice they were webmanga until the requests were denied, but I don't begin to remember now what they were nor what recs I had intended to make with them.
While I do track my manga on MU, MU doesn't tag every webmanga with their web comic tag. Often the only way to see if it's a webmanga is to go to it's MU entry and check the publisher (which isn't always a giveaway itself, since some of the online publishers don't have anything obvious in their name).

Yep, that's the guideline for what the mods need to do when determining the tag or not (it's how they would approve/deny webcomics in the past, as well, never based solely on a MU tag)

Yeah, I realize that. What I was talking about though was trying to find what manga I'm reading that is webmanga but not on a-p yet. If MU's stuff was tagged more accurately, it'd be easy enough to find the webmanga on my lists that isn't on a-p, since MU does let you filter searches by your lists and by tags at the same time. It'd then just be a matter of comparing those results against a-p & seeing what's missing. Since i currently have approx 220 manga in my lists that aren't on a-p & only a handful of those are webmanga, checking each entry individually really isn't feasible.

^^as a note, you could start posting small batches of those in the manga requests thread so we can start whittling away at them :) (small batches meaning 3-5 at a time)

Back