Bamboo Blade

B

BTime

Bamboo Blade

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

It's 3 episodes in and I'm finding it to be a decent show so far. The characters are pretty diverse, and it's not a harem series. Considering the lack of WOW in this seasons shows, I'd recommend you take a look at this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im watching this show, and i must say: Love the Sentai references.

I hope they keep this up, and i want to see more of Blade Braver! =)

purplemo: Yeah. Seems so. So far I haven't found anything truly worth watching in the autumn... Meh, where's Code Geass 2 anyway?

Kaiji is totaly worth watching and Minami-ke!

As for bambo it is kinda woth watching.

Clannad ,Kaiji ,Gundam 00, Minami-ke ,Shana II ,Sketchbook and maybe Dragonaut (if you can overlook the huge boobs ) are nice shows and pretty interesting so far.

Does every thread on one of this season's new shows need to turn into "I AM WATCHING X, Y, AND Z" or "I don't like anything this season because of my irrational genre bias?"

I've only read it, but it annoyed me because:
1. Kendo is a terrible sport.
2. Pretty girls should never date fat guys.

Is it animated fairly well, at least?

Focus.

This is for discussion of the anime. Yes, the manga could be considered relevent, but if you haven't seen any of the anime episodes then perhaps you shouldn't comment until doing so. This isn't a reply to Dark_Sage's post as numerous previous messages in this thread are off topic or other.

In reply to Dark_Sage's post;

1. I suppose the merit of the sport will vary from person to person.
2. Tell it to Jack Nicholson, he's been in most of my favorite actresses..

Animation is what I would term industry standard. Neither good/bad, but does suit the story being told.

I just watched the OP. Thank goodness I now have BTime's permission to post in this thread. I don't know what I would have done without it.

I'd rather not argue in an off topic way, so I won't reply to your Jack Nicholson comment. Just keep in mind that I disagree with you quite strongly on that subject. <3

Crazy kendo lady's eyes aren't nearly spacy enough. Miya Miya is quite lacking in her badass/moe qualities. The music is also questionable.

Miya Miya is quite lacking in her badass/moe qualities. The music is also questionable.

I only saw one ep and don't know where the anime's at, but I would imagine it would take at least 5 eps to get into Miya Miya's 'other' persona. She's much more entertaining as that then her role as fanbait and improbable girlfriend.

Hmm. I don't know, I'm only watching this because of the hyperactive blond. When she stops being fun so will this show.

2. Pretty girls should never date fat guys.
Hello. Welcome to the world. And learn to live with it :p

BB feels a bit lackluster for me. I am not saying it is a bad show - well, I've seen only 3 eps. But it wasn't too good IMO so far. Rather boring.

I agree with Aydan though (regarding that blonde :balloon:).

After having watched some more of this, I'm now totaly into this anime. Not so much for the kendo, but because of the the comedy and especially the personality of the girls.

I just watched the OP. Thank goodness I now have BTime's permission to post in this thread. I don't know what I would have done without it.

I'd rather not argue in an off topic way, so I won't reply to your Jack Nicholson comment. Just keep in mind that I disagree with you quite strongly on that subject. <3

Crazy kendo lady's eyes aren't nearly spacy enough. Miya Miya is quite lacking in her badass/moe qualities. The music is also questionable.

This proves once again that you should be watching the series to have any relevant input.
Episode 4:
Miya Miya has dove off the deep end since episode 4, every time Dan leaves the room Miya goes "Black".

I'm somewhat curious what episode this is released through in Japan, as it seems like 5 was just released on Fansub.tv, but when I went to crunchyroll (crappy site to watch anime since my inet is slow to download atm) they seemed to have a speed scan of Episode 6, and I could see the gap between 4 and the one that the site had labeled as 6.

On the up side, I really enjoy this anime, probably due to the different personalities of all the characters, and the fact that it's about Kendo. The coach particularly cracks me up, he's selfish and doesn't really care for kendo anymore, but he's being pulled back into the "light" by one of his students.. it's classic anime really, nothing wrong with this anime in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back