Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

O

OverLord01

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Alt title: Gurren Lagann

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Another interesting news item folks! It looks like ADV is streaming the entire series of "Gurren Lagann" for free. One episode of the show will be streamed per week. Here's the link:Gurren Lagann Streamed with English Subtitles for Free (Updated) - Anime News Network

This looks like a good idea and a way for the masses to try out a new show before they consider buying it.

Enjoy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gurren Lagann Streamed for free.

wow, i guess their trying to pull off the same thing radiohead is doing right now.

Seems like it. I hope it works for them and draws more business for them.

This is cool, now I see a bunch of titles are these all previews or will they put up the rest eventually?

Great in theory, too bad the player doesn't friggin work. :-\
I don't know if it's a temporary problem or what, but it just won't play the vid. I can choose the vid, and it'll play the pre-vid ad, but it won't play the actual vid.

This is cool, now I see a bunch of titles are these all previews or will they put up the rest eventually?

As far as I know they will put up a new episode every week from the series.

The other titles they have I don't know about. It maybe from other shows.

Great in theory, too bad the player doesn't friggin work. :-\
I don't know if it's a temporary problem or what, but it just won't play the vid. I can choose the vid, and it'll play the pre-vid ad, but it won't play the actual vid.

I heard there were problems with this and I read on several forums that they will fix this, so check back in a while I lets hope its fixed by then.

Also its for Americans and Canadians so far. Lets hope they expand this some how to the other regions.

great idea indeed. i recommend/threaten everyone to watch this anime. its only 2nd (but like .000000000000001 off from my #1 fav, thats saying alot!)

great idea indeed. i recommend/threaten everyone to watch this anime. its only 2nd (but like .000000000000001 off from my #1 fav, thats saying alot!)

if Gurren lagann was american then micheal bay was its director. BOOM!! BASH!!!KAAABOOOMMM!!!! that pretty much sums it up. dont get me wrong i liked it but at time i felt there was a little too much "wow" in it. gurren lagann is for the little boy inside every grown ass man.

if Gurren lagann was american then micheal bay was its director. BOOM!! BASH!!!KAAABOOOMMM!!!! that pretty much sums it up. dont get me wrong i liked it but at time i felt there was a little too much "wow" in it. gurren lagann is for the little boy inside every grown ass man.
r u starting to pick a fight with me. ill see u in the pm. (forum rules no spam/flame/fights on forums but pms i dont think they will mind). i havent seen the "dub" if thats we r talking about but gurren lagann isnt just boom bash n kaboom u stupid one. i understand thats how u feel about but i dont want to hear trash about a good anime. end of story. night

Great idea, but I also fall into the area of things not working. IE6 actually doesn't even play the ads for some reason, where Firefox just crashes after the ads have played.

Well, I watched the show already, and it is my favorite show (as you can tell from the sig, and avi). I refuse to give the English dubs a chance. Whenever I watch a show dubbed after I've seen it subbed, it just kills the show for me.

The show is epic, has good characters, humor, and story. Yet, the show is pretty sad too.

r u starting to pick a fight with me. ill see u in the pm. (forum rules no spam/flame/fights on forums but pms i dont think they will mind). i havent seen the "dub" if thats we r talking about but gurren lagann isnt just boom bash n kaboom u stupid one. i understand thats how u feel about but i dont want to hear trash about a good anime. end of story. night

it wasnt my intention to pick a fight but come on we both know the anime can be over the top. its all, for want of a better term, fan service. you want it you got it. like big Mechas? there you are. like scantly clad women? there you are. want more explosions than an episode of power rangers? there you are. im not saying the anime was bad, ill say it again i like gurren lagann but its too much action too little of everything else. its like the director thought up too many cool fighting scenes that he decided to cram them all it into each and every episode. so much so that some of the fights feel cheapened and less monumental, but hey at least there were big explosions.

it wasnt my intention to pick a fight but come on we both know the anime can be over the top. its all, for want of a better term, fan service. you want it you got it. like big Mechas? there you are. like scantly clad women? there you are. want more explosions than an episode of power rangers? there you are. im not saying the anime was bad, ill say it again i like gurren lagann but its too much action too little of everything else. its like the director thought up too many cool fighting scenes that he decided to cram them all it into each and every episode. so much so that some of the fights feel cheapened and less monumental, but hey at least there were big explosions.
thats different from what u said before, n if it was the same n i just misunderstood, my fault, otherwise this one was much clearer. i guess u could say that but u still need to be able to pull it off :P

If you didn't saw all 27 episodes you shouldn't open this=P
Firstly if you watched all eps and you don't know what I mean type in YouTube search "Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann :: Opening & Intro"

In intro we can see a space ship , simon? and and human form of boota?
I don't really get what was this intro about=P Anyone have any theory?

I have one but i'll post it after I see other ideas=P

Oh .. and this scene wasn't shown in any of next episodes.

Re: What do you think about intro of 1st ep. of gurren-lagann?

Hmm, when I was first watching the series I thought it was a scene from the past, but obviously now it is more likely a scene from after the series concludes.

yeah it can't be from the past . I think it might be cuted scene from 26 /27 ep. after simon and others are awake from their "dreams" and before he appear near Nia in gurren-lagann.... only thing is.. the voices doesn't match e.g. boota human form voice in more matured . It might be from "future" but with who they were fighting? the rest of anti spirals it's doesn't make sense=P
Anyway this intro is Gainax like I think=p

Major GL spoilers, naturally.
There are a few widely-accepted speculations among those who have discussed this at length: the beginning was one of the "dreams" induced by the antispirals near the end of the series; alternatively, it was intended to actually be foreshadowing of something, but that changed when the director changed after the fourth episode and it was simply forgotten; or, it is simply there to be a demonstration of what happens when, as the antispirals warned, spiral power is misused, since "Great Dimensional Government" sounds like a collection of human worlds, and Simon, ignorant of the dangers of his spiral power, uses them to destroy the universe.

Back