Plastic Memories

Surprised that no one else has chimed in about wanting to watch this. I would think there would be more people since the story for this is by the same guy that wrote the scenario for the Steins;Gate VN.

Hopefully it's not some crappy moe-bait school show dressed up to be something else.

72750l.jpg

Looks that way to me.

Surprised that no one else has chimed in about wanting to watch this. I would think there would be more people since the story for this is by the same guy that wrote the scenario for the Steins;Gate VN.

I don't know but as amazing as Stein's Gate is, Naotaka Hayashi's other works in my opinion.....I found pretty meh for the most part by comparison even in full VN format for stuff like Robotics Notes and Chaos Head. So he's pretty hit or miss as a writer to me to get really worked up about.

Still absolutely checking it out because I really love the sound of the premise though.

It's MOE bait with a dramatic depressing final arc, I'm certain of it.

Like Mahoromatic or something but perhaps with a slightly less absolute shit ending.

Episode 1

Well, that was damn promising. I like the setting they have established. Lot's of potential there. I was practically on the verge of crying multiple times during this episode. So if it keeps this up it'll certainly be one of the seasons greats for me in my modest opinion.

Episode 1

Another great first episode for this spring season of anime. I was already tearing up from this episode, so I can tell this'll be a heartbreaking series for me. I'm looking forward to crying every Saturday for the next three months.

I absolutely love the faces Isla makes.

Episode 1

Well that was better than expected.
First off, so glad it's a work environment rather than a school environment, though I would have preferred them to be a little older. Secondly, they gave us a premise, but didn't shove it right down our throats, so they left a lot of room for the world building to flow through further episodes.

I quite like the artstyle in it's simplistic way, reminds me of Engaged to the Unidentified, the comedy was a little hit and miss but I'm not really watching it for that. Nina's last scene was really well done, so it gives me hope that the execution of the show will be done right.

Episode 1.
Ah, the benefits of being a heartless wretch. The sadness just bounces off me.

This is basically like Blade Runner, but instead of Harrison Ford, there's boobs. I can roll with that.

This looks very promising. I just finished the first ep. and It hooked me from the word Go! I already see a lot of possible and interesting scenarios in my mind here. It will be interesting to watch and see how it develop.

Am I the only one seeing similarities here with Chobits? It is an obvious connection between the Tsukasa and Isla already and suppose that Isla have just some month left herself and Tsukasa seems smitten with her already...

Episode 1:

I actually enjoyed that a fair bit, the world/setting seems like something I could get incredibly invested in and behind if they take proper measures to build upon what they have. One thing I really liked about this is that they setup everything very quickly and leave things to wonder about by not dumping everything on the audience all at once. It's kind of too early to say anything about the characters quite yet but I did find Isla pretty likable at least. Also, in terms of tone, I'd say for the most part it was handled and executed fairly well in how they balanced out the light hearted and more serious moments even if the humour doesn't completely work for me. The only thing that pretty much bothered me was maybe just the end bit being somewhat jarring but it's not a major complaint though.

Overall, solid first episode and it started off much more bitter sweet than what I expected. I'll echo the above sentiments and say there's just so many interesting directions and angles they could go with that I honestly hope that opportunity isn't wasted here.

EDT: Kind of an extra note, but I definitely would prefer the comedy to be toned down in favour of the drama, although that's just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Episode 01

...Unbelievable. I cried multiple times in the first episode. THE FIRST EPISODE. I'm not exactly a stranger to letting manly tears flow while watching anime, but when it does happen, it's more often than not at the very end, and never in the beginning. But this was the first episode. I didn't just cry either; I cried hard. This is so sad! I think we all have an idea of what we're in for towards the end of the airing, and I'm not sure I'll be able to take it.

ep1 - Not at all what I expected. Genuinely moving and promises to be an interesting show.
I do wonder about the premise
that the "terminal division" is just there to protect client's privacy by making sure they see the "machine" deactivated - it's obvious that emotional bonding is common, so I would think that the company would have to employ grief counselors and psychiatrists for this duty, not a kid out of school who doesn't even know what happens when the androids reach the end of their lifespan.

I also hope they explain why the androids have such a limited duration. I suppose it will turn out to be a condition for their manufacture so they can't displace humans by living essentially forever?

Sounds like people like this quite a bit.
Neat. I'll pick it up if keeps that up for a few more episodes.

that the "terminal division" is just there to protect client's privacy by making sure they see the "machine" deactivated - it's obvious that emotional bonding is common, so I would think that the company would have to employ grief counselors and psychiatrists for this duty, not a kid out of school who doesn't even know what happens when the androids reach the end of their lifespan.

I also hope they explain why the androids have such a limited duration. I suppose it will turn out to be a condition for their manufacture so they can't displace humans by living essentially forever?

I was under the impression that androids were a new technology due to the company that makes these androids downsizing the department that shuts their products down/hiring teenagers to do the job for cheap labor, and how the protagonist lacked awareness of androids in general. I also feel like there was some sort of indication the main company was researching ways to increase the maximum lifespan somewhere near the beginning too. The setting hasn't really been explained much at present, so I'm really interested in learning more about it.

Episode 01
I think we all have an idea of what we're in for towards the end of the airing, and I'm not sure I'll be able to take it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Depending on how things go that could be really really tough.

to the point of the lifespan. I'm not so sure of how new the tech could be. with the current span set at about 9 years we have androids that have to be shut down making in at that point at least 9 years since the tech was strong enough to be put in homes. The constant alluding to how long some have been on the job hints that the technology may have been around for quite a bit longer than 9 years.

So I think there is a bigger reason that they set that decline other than not being able to make it go further.

I'll leave thoughts of that alone because if you think of them has computers far more advanced than what we have now, you'd think it'd be a cinch to extend the memory life............come to think of it, it might have something to do with hard drives. Something that records every single event over 9 years has to be a shit load of terabytes. perhaps the maximum that can be fit in............

ahh well anyways, I will definitely be on this one.

9 years could be a fail safe, like the 4 year cap in Blade Runner, so that androids don't become entirely autonomous and replace the human race.

9 years could be a fail safe, like the 4 year cap in Blade Runner, so that androids don't become entirely autonomous and replace the human race.

Could be, in eve no jinkan androids have to were a hale over their heads to distinguish them from Humans. So the android premise is often concerned about being too human.

I'm sure we will hear about the reason shortly since the main guy is probably wondering the answer himself after all the early drama he's witnessed.

Back