Maria Holic

shortlex

Maria Holic

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

So anyone started this series, I've read the first 4 manga, however I have yet to watch the anime. I am kinda concern with the less or no material reference for the anime to adapt to.

Last edited by a moderator:
At first it looked like low budget trash. It's still very low budget, but doesn't look like it'l be completely bad.

Loved the first episode, by far most promising of the season I've seen so far. Still have a lot to go though. Had such low expectations too.

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, will be watching the rest of this series.

lol i just rewatched it again but different subbers cos origional video wasn't working and i spoted a mistake in their translating and one thats quite obvious.

They put; As tall as the earful tower

Should have been; As tall as the eiffel tower

i mean come on the earful tower, the screen where it says that even has a picture of the eiffel tower.

Last edited:
I think that this'll be the first time that SHAFT would be doing an awesome comedy anime (Sketch and Sayozetsu were good, but not outstanding). :p Animation could do some work, though, but knowing Shaft, that'll improve. :drink:

I thought this anime would be quite some trash, but after watching it for 2 minutes, i was sold.
How funny can it be, one of the funniest since fumoffu, and it's a very interesting plot.

EP2 was...the same as EP1. Enjoyable. I'm not yet sure what to make of this series, but it seems fun enough to watch, though it's still missing something. I actually haven't watched any yuri to be honest, so it's a new field for me.

Kanako reminds me of Tenma from School Rumble in a lot of ways.

Episode 2 was brutally hilarious, they keep using the same jokes too, yet I can't help but feel joy and laughter every time. The pacing is phenomenal, every time something starts getting boring, they've switched the scene 5 times on you, so your always on the roller coaster of new and funny material. Truly loving this anime so far, outstanding.

I hope it will stay as great as the first 2 eps... I laughed all the time... Mariya is just so sweet :smile:

Not a big fan of the manga, but I think this show could be the "braindead" anime for this season for me. One of the few yuri shows that didn't turn me off right away (though coincidentally one of the those yuri manga that turned me off right away). Love the style with that OP.

I wonder if that mole under Maria's left eye will mean we will get a much deeper and sadder story or if lately people have been putting it on just to get attention. The last character I remember whose story lived up to having that was Chizuna. And that was a while ago. Then again, having a story to match the mole's meaning would be a bit odd in this story . . .

HMM let everyone find out your a lesbian or....let the idiot pretend to be a girl and see you naked every day and take advantage of you...yea hard decision?...not to mention it looks like 80% of the girls in that school are lesbians.

Wow, 3 was really incomprehensible at some points.
Kanako sure talks fast.
Plus i keep forgetting about all the names.

Back