Accounts created solely to keep track of all anime will be deleted

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hello, recently I've been noticing several people registering just to mark everything as watched - presumably because they are curious as to what the max life on anime is. As we already have one person tracking this (username: EverythingWatched), more people registering to do this just wastes bandwidth and space, and is pointless.

So, moving forward, accounts found to be doing this will be removed - please use EverythingWatched as a reference point if you want to see how much anime is available via the anirec.

I wonder if it'd be a good idea to link that everythingwatched acct on the front page somewhere, "to see just how much anime we have, click HERE!"

yeah im gonna link it in a few places... there will be a note on the registration page saying something like STOP, are you registering just to see how much anime there is? use tihs instead, and maybe a few other places too.

Ouch, that is pretty lame someone would just randomly check that they have seen every anime ever aired. IP ban would be the best idea if that is possible.

ouch, must suck if you the one person who has actually watched all of the anime on the site to come back and find your account goned lol

Ouch, that is pretty lame someone would just randomly check that they have seen every anime ever aired. IP ban would be the best idea if that is possible.
ip ban is useless and annoying. my ip changes automatically every 24h and i can get another ip whenever i want. so an ip ban would stop me nor anyone else, instead annoy people when they get a already banned ip :P

I wonder what goes on in people's minds to do that.
I mean I'm not gonna lie, there is a lot of stuff out there I wouldn't watch if you paid me, haha.

Well, I hope people wise up, it's stuff like that that ends up ruining others experiences.

I wonder what goes on in people's minds to do that.
I mean I'm not gonna lie, there is a lot of stuff out there I wouldn't watch if you paid me, haha.

Well, I hope people wise up, it's stuff like that that ends up ruining others experiences.

I don't see how it ruins other people's experience except for maybe when people try to sign up and the name they want is already taken because of it.

I don't see how it ruins other people's experience except for maybe when people try to sign up and the name they want is already taken because of it.

If you tried to to read atleast the first post you would have known that...

...more people registering to do this just wastes bandwidth and space, and is pointless...

Otherwise its just bragging about something that you haven't done. And that ruins the experience of people who actualy watched something.

But this is a very old post! I dont get this discussion... why is het going on? Are we just trying to add more posts to our forum account?

Back