Yuyushiki

Episode 1

Parodying Yuri, I approve.

However the real thing is simply better.

It's a cute show, the artstyle is kind of weird in the Hidamari Sketch way but with a different style. The style they use isn't really my thing, but that doesn't detract too many points for me.

That was so cute. I like how the purple haired girl looked like she'd be an ojou type of character but she was an airhead. And the pink haired girl is either a fan of cats or scared of them, either way she was cute. I kind of enjoy how the blonde girl is the babysitter, but I can imagine it getting annoying for me later on.

I thought it was cute and personally I liked the art style C:

Definitely a good change of pace from a lot of the serious anime's that have been airing such as Aku No Hana and Attack on Titans. I'm a yuru yuri fanatic so I'll definitely be keeping up with this show.

I'm glad I came to this thread first. The show has a terrible rating right now. That could have turned me away.

Aye it is very YuruYuri as well, pretty sure two of the main girls are voiced by two of the VA's from YuruYuri as well. I know that one is voiced by the woman who did Saki from FtNW though, she's so good.

Yeah Yui is Yui (Minami Tsuda), and Yuzuko is Chinatsu (Rumi Ookubo).

I like what I'm seeing. Cute girls doing cute things. Though I can't believe I've waited this long to watch this. At least I felt reassured I wasn't the only one thinking this was similar to Nichijou and Yuru Yuri. :)

WHAT THIS IS RATED 2/5??

You mean Aku no potato has higher ratings then cute girls doing cute things?
Kill me now.

You mean Aku no potato has higher ratings then cute girls doing cute things?
Kill me now.
No or else you won't be able to watch more cute girls doing cute things... :crying:
This is this anime's slogan... Cute girls doing cute things. :)
I think the low rating is because it wasn't extremely funny and that it's kinda slow paced. Not that I thought it was. :)

I'm a yuru yuri fanatic so I'll definitely be keeping up with this show.

Yuru Yuri FTW!!! (yeah i become way to obsessed with Yuru Yuri sinse watching it .___. seriously i love anyone i see who likes it xD)

That aside it didn't really remind me of Yuru Yuri... made me think of Lucky Star oddly enough.
As with some the art style wasn't to appealing to me, especially the eyes, the blonde one's eyes get gigantic at times then shrink down (it seems inconsistent not intentional) and the purple one's creep me out D: but the art as a whole isn't my cup of tea that's for sure, but i know not to judge by art alone... infact i count less than 10% of a score to art unless it's horrible in all ways (that one everyone uses for avatars lately... it will give me nightmares).

Anyway enough of all that, the episode it's self:
so i went into this seeing a low rating of 2, seeing some not so appealing art work and hearing (elsewhere) a not so fussy chat about it, as you might guess i was hardly sat here with a huge grin jumping for excitement to watch it, the episode did remove that frown though, i bored 30mins did turn out alright.
I really enjoyed that scene in the Data processing room (or whatever it was) with the talk on the sun... and that summary of their 'club activities' was just great :smile: Some decent jokes though, as mentioned the wall one was some fun, i quite like just about anything that leaves the pink girls mouth as well.
currently im liking the pink haired one whilst the others are still average.

So yeah it's a bit slow paced and slow moving with some art i don't love but i sure don't think it's bad, people have been harsh on it, i think it was a good way to fill my 30mins and i don't regret watching, i will be sure to check next episode(s) as well. I say it will be a average watch but might get to be good depending how things go, only time will tell.

So yeah i think the low rating is what Damias said:
Slow paced > people don't like this, for the kind of anime it is though i see no problem, i think it's just people being to picky .___.
Not funny enough > some people want the earth, seriously - i herd people say it's not funny, i sure enjoyed it, yeah ok im not in tears laughing but seriously some people have to high expectations.
I think a 3 star for now works well. :balloon:

This is my kind of show :) It does lack a bit compared to Yuru Yuri and Lucky Star, but it only has been a first episode and 2/5 is harsh. Cute girls are always a must watch for me :P I can't help myself so I'm excited for the rest of this show!

^i hate rating whilst watching a show as it means your ratings changes to often (a bad episode might lower your rating from 3 down to 2) where it could be a one of, but of course a first episode as well, surely you can't rate from a single episode right? so yeah 2/5 is kind of harsh for a single episode

Episode 2

MOE.

That's basically all I could think and of course a good deal of yuri-related activities.

Episode 2
i actually really love this, that opening scene before the OP was just great xD
But yeah i really enjoyed the episode, finished before i knew it, It's so damn cute of a anime, and honestly i love the summary thing they do on the board XD

A friend on another site commented on my profile "Just kidding just slipped out~" and for a few minutes I just sat there like "...wut" but then I had a sudden realization... "Episode 2 of Yuyushiki must be out!" This episode was better than last episode, not that I can quite place a finger on exactly why. I hope it just keeps getting better. I'm almost ashamed to say that my friends and I are like this almost exactly.. And I'm not the Yui of the group..

Yuzu, be mai waifu..

It's a great show. The more I watch shows like this the more I wanna learn Japanese though. I feel it's just that much more entertaining if you can get the play on words that they do. Oh well. I'll learn eventually til then I'm just pretend I understand everything :love:

Back