Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

unitzero

Looking Up At the Half-Moon
Alt title: Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here
===================================================================

this is a 6 episode OVA from 2006. I'm over halfway through with it and I looked for a discussion thread, didn't find one so I made this! this is a pretty interesting anime... people should watch it I think.

it's basically a romance set in a hospital.

Last edited:
So a thread that's basically just going to be a page of us two talking then? Sweet lol.

people should watch it I think.

That was the vibe the anime gives off about Night on the Galactic Railroad, kind of like how lots of shows shoehorn in book comparisons or plot revelations through reading the similar circumstances.
Too bad they spoil NotGR in the same episode they bring it up. Not much point reading it if you know the endgame plot twist. :S

his clothes were wet because he drowned.

I don't get why he suddenly though "OMG NO WAI, SHE DYING BRO *sniff*" after reading the book either. :S
I'll go watch ep 4 now to catch up to you lol.

episode 3.
man the doctor getting drunk and beating the crap out of him was kind of ..... I don't know.. I didn't expect that.

I was adding some of the characters from this earlier and I was checking out the art for the manga. man just once I wish there was an anime that attempted to animate in the same style as manga covers. There is such a difference in quality. I realize the inside of mangas are often choppy and stuff... it just seems like most things that do get animed get watered down visually in terms of the general character designs. Probably not the best place to start this conversation.... but you know what I'm saying.
anyway back to it.

Night on the Galactic Railroad, is that a real story I wonder? One version i was watching had something called Rika's notes at the beginning that was basically a paragraph from that story.

episode 4
well it happened. I wondered if it would be here, or later.

Last edited:
I've got the same version as you then lol. It's a real book but the only adaptations are a play... and an anime movie filled with furries. Horray.

With the beating, I was more surprised by the fact Rika noticed. Watching stupid anime has made me forget that these kind of things are meant to leave a mark and no just fade away in the next shot.

So far the best thin about this anime is Zebra Mask. Not that the series is bad in any way, it's just that Zebra Mask is so badass.
Caught trespassing? No big, just Matrix off the walls and dive-bomb the teachers. lawl

Do you mean the manga cover on wikipedia btw? Rika looks really, well, Clamp-like in that picture, really long and skinny.... I went into google images and she looks far better.

IMO the purple hair looks much nicer but I can't blame them for trying to make it more realistic due to the serious nature of the show. The style change is sucky though yeah.

Ep 4
I was expecting a "I lov... *fall*" rather then the "Next time... fall* that we got.
I guess that makes a change.

I really don't see the point in *generic childhood friend* or *Akiko's friend* though. :S
I guess I don't mind the friend padding so it doens't seem like hes a total loser lol.

One bit I loved from ep 4 though:
"What disease do you have? Is it fatal?" *jellous snide smirk*
"Probably"
*reaction shot*

I lol'd

Zebra Mask is a total bad ass.
I wish he had his own show. and YES The childhood friend was totally unnecessary.
I was thinking the same thing as you... "what do you have?" ..... "oh....(whoops)"
Just wait until episode 5 maybe the best turn of events this series has to offer.

episode 5
it's a freaking cliff hanger! sure didn't see that one coming....yeah right lol
well on to the final episode

episode 6 final episode

well all in all a satisfying ending. all the loose ends get tied up except the model chick. they just threw her in there as filler I think. I mean what is her deal exactly other then having a nice pair? it was a nice 2 hour ride. I loved Zebra Mask's brother freaking hilarious.

Last edited:
About to watch the last two now... would have watched it already but some guy on /a/ was streaming the Haruhi movie... :P
*hopes for epic*

Edit: I apologize now for not responding. Last night was an all nighter and my head is too full of fuuu- to every try to contemplate what I thought of this.

It was definitely a like and reached a 7/10 but there were lots of annoying things I'd like to discuss. Once I've slept for a bit. :cow:

Last edited:
The nurse is a bit intense lol.

Pervy old man saves the day.

Seems like "another girl is dying of illness and falls in love with boy."

Zebra Mask for the win

Of course, he collapses.

Wow, and MC is fine.

"May have a chance to recover" is what a lie

Sees him with magazines and proceeds to kick him out cliche.

Whelp, I'm already bored with this one.

Here for the ABC Summer 2020 Bingo Group-watch
I usually don't mind romances like this...but

The transition between Rika and the MC felt absolutely rushed. One second she behaves like a complete jerk and forces him to do her bidding and the next second they're seeing Mt. Houdai together and MC is declaring his love for her while probably hallucinating with a fever.

Also, something tells me that Rika's father didn't die from the operation itself, but the stunt he pulled contributed to his death.
The doctors told him not to climb the mountain and he probably did it out of spite. The 'realization' he had was probably that he messed up and made his condition worse.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. If it is true, I can see history repeating itself.

3 episodes in and well...
How is Natsume not in jail yet?
I am pretty sure punching and kicking a patient will get you fired and in jail.
Also, I know going to that mountain did something to her heart. I just know it.
It can't be a mere coincidence the dad died when he went there as well.

3 episodes in and well...
How is Natsume not in jail yet?
I am pretty sure punching and kicking a patient will get you fired and in jail.
Also, I know going to that mountain did something to her heart. I just know it.
It can't be a mere coincidence the dad died when he went there as well.
And the drinking. I mean drinking on shift is enough to get you fired. Not sure there is anything redeaming abput this show...

Back