Now hiring anime episode update moderators!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi everyone,

Because ongoing anime tend to update on different types of schedules, with holidays and other things changing things up, ongoing anime in our database have to have their episode counts updated manually by moderators.

The good news is, with all of the video integrations, the vast majority of brand new, ongoing anime get updated automatically. But there's a small percentage that still need moderator intervention. Having a moderator team in place is great, as well, as then there's a group of people who can correct mistakes if they arise.

We're looking to bring more people onboard to help out with this effort. If you fit these criteria, would love to talk to you further!

• Free time to help - episode moderators check newly available episodes daily to ensure people can mark their lists asap

• Good communication style, as you'll be interfacing with requests in the forum

• Attention to detail and cautious - the update form dictates what episodes are available for people to mark, and is an important job. We need people who will be thorough when reading the update guidelines and will be careful when making updates

• Established site user. Either a long-time site user or forum user that is at least somewhat known in the community

Let me know, and thanks!
:drink::drinking::megusta:

Is there any need of knowledge of programming language for this?
Or is it form like character Submission

If it's latter I can volunteer. I'm on break for another 2 months as of now.
And If former, I have lack of knowledge in that regard so I won't be able to help
:drink:

I can't guarantee that I would have time for this, but I would love to help out if you ever need the extra help. Although it looks like you have a better group of candidates above already.

Would the anime episode moderators also be able to update manga chapters as well? This is a related activity also needed by the site, to fix current gaps in the database.

As usual, I am also willing to help out wherever needed on the site.

Hi everyone,

Because ongoing anime tend to update on different types of schedules, with holidays and other things changing things up, ongoing anime in our database have to have their episode counts updated manually by moderators.

The good news is, with all of the video integrations, the vast majority of brand new, ongoing anime get updated automatically. But there's a small percentage that still need moderator intervention. Having a moderator team in place is great, as well, as then there's a group of people who can correct mistakes if they arise.

We're looking to bring more people onboard to help out with this effort. If you fit these criteria, would love to talk to you further!

• Free time to help - episode moderators check newly available episodes daily to ensure people can mark their lists asap

• Attention to detail and cautious - the update form dictates what episodes are available for people to mark, and is an important job. We need people who will be thorough when reading the update guidelines and will be careful when making updates

• Established site user. Either a long-time site user or forum user that is at least somewhat known in the community

Let me know, and thanks!

Me Want to Help Out

Hey sothis,

I'd love to help out. AnimePlanet has helped me keep track of my otherwise chaotic list of anime series I've watched over the past 3 years and I'd love to be able to do something in return.

I should have an hour or two to spare each day and even though it isn't my native language, I'm pretty confident when it comes to the English language.

I'm a self-proclaimed perfectionist (for better or worse), so I'm usually pretty thorough.

As stated above, AnimePlanet has helped me for the past 3 years. If 3 years qualifies as a 'long-time site user' or not I will leave to your judgment. And this is only my second ever forum post, so I doubt anyone in this community knows me.

I log in to AnimePlanet daily, so if you drop me a message I'm sure to read it within a day.

Thanks for reading and/or taking me into consideration!

RalphOenix

Last edited:
Is there any need of knowledge of programming language for this?
Or is it form like character Submission

If it's latter I can volunteer. I'm on break for another 2 months as of now.
And If former, I have lack of knowledge in that regard so I won't be able to help
:drink:

It's very very simple. I know because I used to be one of these moderators. I found out I was removed when I went to go update episodes. It was a surprise because I never hear anything.

It's very very simple. I know because I used to be one of these moderators. I found out I was removed when I went to go update episodes. It was a surprise because I never hear anything.

Thank you very much for the info
And I see, That sucks. I hope you get clear response on it :) :sweat:

I have a lot of free time but I don't have any knowledge on programming languages but since Garyuu said it's easy I think that i'll be fine. Apart from that i've used this site for over a year and I check this site daily, so I would love to help out.

I can't guarantee that I would have time for this, but I would love to help out if you ever need the extra help. Although it looks like you have a better group of candidates above already.

Same goes for me, if the extra help is needed i'll gladly help out.

err, i sent PMs about it months ago and mentioned we needed folks who are willing to check daily, almost everyone either didn't respond, said they couldn't do daily (iirc you had mentioned you are only able to update when you come back to update your list, which won't provide the coverage we badly need right now), or said they didn't want to be a mod anymore

check your PM box around feb

... If you fit these criteria, would love to talk to you further!

I do daily welcomes to all new members that sign up to the site! I can handle daily episode checking responsibilities.
    I'm used to communicating with others in a polite, respectful fashion and have several forum-type interaction responsibilities here and on other sites.

I can, and will, follow all established guidelines.
    Been on the site since May 2013 and have attained Otaku level in the Forums rankings (2000+ posts) and I think I have established a bit of a presence here, especially now that I run WECO club here.
Let me know, and thanks!

Figured I'd post some details JIC since my other post was just a "willing to volunteer" note.

err, i sent PMs about it months ago and mentioned we needed folks who are willing to check daily, almost everyone either didn't respond, said they couldn't do daily (iirc you had mentioned you are only able to update when you come back to update your list, which won't provide the coverage we badly need right now), or said they didn't want to be a mod anymore

check your PM box around feb

I got that pm. Responded too. But I never got a response back.

I would love to help out on this. There have been so many times where I have to wait half a day to update the episode count, hence have been wanting to volunteer on something like this.

Back