The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

HellaSueV

[sadht=Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/sadht][sadhl=982]the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

All I have to say for now is wow...this series will be either really good or really bad....But from just watching the first 2 episodes I'm already liking it alot ^^

The first ep is nothing but a joke, in a sense but I kinda understand where the directors are coming from, and its refreshing to see something like the first ep

The Second ep is like the real starting ep of this series. Anyway you guys should watch it for yourself and tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
The animation is awesome. It's actually from the same group that did FMP TSR

Fyi, episode "one" was classified as episode "zero" by the staff an is getting its own seperate DVD labeled as "Episode Zero."

I love this series. XD It's the best comedy series since Fumoffu. XD XD It's caused a huge stir over at Animesuki. XD XD XD

Yeah, that was a very strange first episode. Haven't had a chance to watch the second one yet, but I have a feeling I'll like it... ;)

MechaTama31 said:
Yeah, that was a very strange first episode. Haven't had a chance to watch the second one yet, but I have a feeling I'll like it... ;)
Yes, watch it. You'll love it. XD XD XD XD

I was wondering about this as well
didn't she said that her ribbons changes color for everyday of the week. And if I recall correctly she mentioned that yellow ribbons are for mondays and in the show, she has had yellow ribbon on all the time. So which means everything that had taken place is on Monday or has always been on Mondays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12gN1s6lik

and heres something to enjoy ^^

Having now seen episode 2, I am in love with Suzumiya.:love: :love: :love:

And HellaSuev, do you know what show that's from? ^_^

Ah what fun :D
one show worth to finish watching i think.

episode "one" was classified as episode "zero" by the staff an is getting its own seperate DVD labeled as "Episode Zero."
still kyon titles ep 2 as ep 3 :laugh:

Ketsuron said:
Ah what fun :D
one show worth to finish watching i think.

still kyon titles ep 2 as ep 3 :laugh:
But the episode header shown in "episode 3" says episode "II".

easily the best comedy of the season thus far; the series definitely sets itself apart with both its plot and style, and the pacing of the gags is pitch-perfect--

ep3-
case in point: haruhi's finagling of the brand-new computer from the computer club's president

ep3-
kaz said:
case in point: haruhi's finagling of the brand-new computer from the computer club's president
i already awaited the "obligatory" nosebleeds which are in other series .. (like in this ep or the cloth change scene in ep2) but the lack of that is refreshing (as well his comments ).

y0 everyone.

I just started watching this last night... and already watched each episode atleast four times each by now.
just loving it...

episode four (?) aired today too...
.. it feels like I've missed a whole episode though... suddenly there's one more character in the series... and there's some aluding to prior -and rather big- events, that... I've not seen :P
on the other hand... watching the end of the last episode (3), I get the preview of this episode (4) ... so I don't *think* I've missed anything... but I'm hella confused ;) so just to make sure I'm downloading ALL versions of ALL episodes that I can find.
yes, I'm dedicated now.

now.. sleep.

Welcome to the Church of Suzumiya Haruhi, also known as Haruhism. We Haruhists are an odd lot, as you can see at YouTube. You'll have to pick through a bazillion uploaded copies of the OP and ED, but there are some great vids in there, like the Gundam parody of the ED dance, and at least 3 live action parodies.

P.S. Get over it, Ketsu. :P

if this is hilarious wacky comedy i just might watch it, even though its not finished (RARE for me nowadays)

someone tell me what you think you'd rec for it? so i know what style of comedy

Episode 0 was meant to be a "WTF??!!" episode. :D And it worked. :D

hmmm... recommendations... it's pretty much unique, I think... and that's saying quite a bit.

if I have to say *something*... then I'd probably say Azumanga Daioh.
cause the relation between Haruhi/Kyon kind of remind me of tomo-chan/yomi-chan and/or Yukari-sensei/Nyamo-sensei.
Except Haruhi is has a wicked sort of extreme cleverness to her.
but yeah, the weirdness-factor of her ideas remind me of Azumanga. definately.

Back