InuYasha The Movie 4: Fire on the Mystic Island

InuYasha The Movie 4: Fire on the Mystic Island
(a.k.a. Inuyasha: Guren no Houraijima)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Not sure how bad a spoiler any of this is... but if you have seen that whole tv series then it shouldn't really spoil anything, but I tagged it all to be on the safe side... I have not discussed any part of the actual story from the fourth movie in the below tagged section... so read it if you want to.

They say that the whole thing will be tied up in the movies that are comming after the series. And yet...
there is not one mention of Naraku in the 4th movie (or the third for that matter). Not even a, "Hey where is Naraku... I can't find him... whoa!!! there is something evil going on in this place we just happened to be wandering through, lets kill it and then go back to looking for him." NOT EVEN A HINT TO NARAKU, or what he has been doing, or even that Inu and gang are looking for him. Hell, there wasn't even a mention of the Shikon no Tama (Jewel of Four Souls/Sacred Jewel).

So yeah if your wondering where to watch this in relation to the series... it doesn't matter... watch it at any point after InuYasha gets the Baku Ryuu Ha!! (Diamond Attack), but I would suggest watching the 3rd movie before this one because Sesshoumaru uses his Syou Ryuu Ha!! (Lightning Dragon Attack) and I don't think he really showed that one untill the third movie.

I liked it despite the fact that I thought it would finally continue the story, it is a very well drawn, and very well put together story. BUT it may as well not exist as far as the main theme (finding the shikon no tama and destroying Naraku) is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back