The Fruit of Grisaia

Re: Grisaia no Kajitsu

I have no expectations for this, but I decided to throw it in simply because I needed some more shows to watch. :sweat:

Have played the visual novel, enjoyed it immensely, but I'm wondering how they're going to handle it what with the diverging paths and whatnot. But still, looking forward to this.

And yes. Michiru is best girl.

Been looking forward to this for a while. I've read the VN and enjoyed it quite a bit. I laughed I cried and thought that it was pretty great overall.

P.S. Makina>Mitcher

If they base this on Amane's route props to them, since that is the only really unique arc in the entire game.
But knowing how VN adaptations tend to get derailed... Maybe that's better, expect less and get more?
I just hope they don't make it into an actual harem (there is no harem end in the game). That will blow...
All in all, stick to one girl and this might turn out pretty good. If not, Majikoi clone incoming.

On the plus side, those who enjoy over-powered protagonists with a bit of intelligence will love this one.
Inb4 the protag is more OP than the ones in G-Senjou and Sharin combined.

If they base this on Amane's route props to them, since that is the only really unique arc in the entire game.
But knowing how VN adaptations tend to get derailed... Maybe that's better, expect less and get more?
I just hope they don't make it into an actual harem (there is no harem end in the game). That will blow...
All in all, stick to one girl and this might turn out pretty good. If not, Majikoi clone incoming.

On the plus side, those who enjoy over-powered protagonists with a bit of intelligence will love this one.
Inb4 the protag is more OP than the ones in G-Senjou and Sharin combined.

I imagine it will be an amalgam of routes, but I always felt like if there was a "canon" path it was meant to be Amane. That said,
Amane's route was supposed to be the most explicit, so they may run into some issues if that is central to her plot.
I never actually played her path though, how was it all that unique? I felt like Mitcher's definitely went a bit crazy by the end, I'd have a hard time saying her's wasn't unique.

Discontent and carnificus know whats up. Michiru <3
Most fun tsundere I've seen in a long time.

I actually hated Makina's route and Amane's was way too ridiculous. I'd have thought they'll focus on Yumiko here or they'll just pull an amagami.

In any event - I'm not excited about the studio here as far as art goes (wish Watanabe was working on it), but anything will probably be better than the 3 or so sprites we got for each girl in the game.

Engrish ressons with Michiru. All aboard the Michiru hype train. Choo-choo!

Cannibals are better though. The blood and the feels will be strong if they go that route. Amane all the way...

Engrish ressons with Michiru. All aboard the Michiru hype train. Choo-choo!

Cannibals are better though. The blood and the feels will be strong if they go that route. Amane all the way...

Wait, whaaaat? You mean like literally
cannibals
? Because if that's true I'm suddenly somewhat interested.

Wait, whaaaat? You mean like literally
cannibals
? Because if that's true I'm suddenly somewhat interested.

Indeed. That's why I said that route was unique. Though I'm not exactly sure how they would be able to portray it properly.

It's basically 1 huge flashback from Amane's past.
Bus accident, stranded, no food, survival of the fittest, sad reality, meeting the main protag's sister, yada yada yada.
It was an interesting read, but I have no idea how well that would look in an anime.
Heck, it would probably be better than 80 percent of what we get now anyway, since the story telling isn't about panties, boobs or angels with both.

Episode 1:

Wow. this was a pretty damn good start. I went into this expecting Little Busters part 2 and instead got something much better. The voice cast may be the same as Little Busters but this episode has me far more interested than Busters ever did.

The only real complaint I have about it so far is the gratuitous panty shots. They felt a bit distracting and unlike Kazumi's nudity felt forced in just for the sake of fanserice. It's not a bit thing but I found it distracting.

Anyway the episode it self looks great the character designs are nice and the style reminds me a bit of Shaft without looking like a rip off. It's definitely got its own thing going on and I like the visuals thus far.

The episode starts off nice with our introduction to Kazumi. He's the stoic type that is socially inept but he powers through it with his blunt honesty. He's actually given a lot of personality in this episode or at least a good deal for his character type. I love his dry delivery of the line "Why is there a stripper in my room? It's not my brithday" Also, everyone is in their room with no homework, they must be masturbating.

Anyway he is sent to a school that is obviously more than meets the eye but the episode only hints at it until the very end. Instead he goes around and meets a colorful cast, my favorite was the blond wanna be tsun girl, her conversation with Kazumi was hilarious. His interactions with the other girls was good too, although I didn't care for the girl that just outright attacked him, because it seemed silly with how everything else went. However, given the after credits stuff her actions make a great deal more sense.

There's a sense of mystery here and I can't help but think if Akume no Riddle had been better paced and written better the first episode might have looked something like this. This episode makes it clear the school is not normal but it doesn't give the game away even the end when some of the truth is revealed it is still more intriguing than anything. Just flashes of the violence that might happen with each girl having their various weapons and possible grudges against Kazumi.

There also might be something supernatural going on here with the bus crash being shown. I'm not sure what that means quite yet, but hopefully it is not the same deal as Little Busters.

Good first episode. I just hope it doesn't turn into something mushy but keeps the mystery and strong characterization going.

I'm glad they're using the actual VN's music, one of my favourite OSTs. I was gonna hold off until it finished (especially since Crunchyroll is streaming it), but I had to check it out, and surprisingly Yuuji's voice fits a lot better than I expected.

I'm also slightly annoyed at the number of panty shots, but... well, it is being done by the studio that did Infinite Stratos.

There also might be something supernatural going on here with the bus crash being shown. I'm not sure what that means quite yet, but hopefully it is not the same deal as Little Busters.

Don't worry; this series' bus crash doesn't end NEARLY as happily as in LB! Refrain (anime).

Episode 1

Good first episode, I felt like it did everything that it needed to and more. I agree that the panty shots were a bit much. It would have been one thing if you occasionally saw them, but I'm pretty sure we got an ass shot of almost everyone, and a few random zoom-ins for good measure. I also kind of wish that they had switched up the OST a bit. I like Grisaia's music alright, but if I remember correctly we've pretty much already exhaused the OST from the VN.

I do have to give props to the show though, that ending was damn good. It managed to give you a specific hook for Amane, and hint at the weird shit going on with all the other routes. It was just very well done, and made up for a lot of the minor fanservice issues that the episode had.

Thank the heavens, they used the VN's soundtrack. 50 bucks says they would have botched it up if they used a new one.

I'm really surprised how well this first episode turned out to be, my faith in VN adaptations is slightly uplifted.

ZetsubouKaiji said:
The only real complaint I have about it so far is the gratuitous panty shots. They felt a bit distracting and unlike Kazumi's nudity felt forced in just for the sake of fanserice. It's not a bit thing but I found it distracting.

Have to agree that those panty shots are really annoying, they weren't present in the VN nor are they necessary at all. Oh well, Japan after all.

ZetsubouKaiji said:
although I didn't care for the girl that just outright*censored* him

To be fair, most people consider her route the weakest.

Did you see how ripped Kazami was? I mean I've read the novel and all but dayum, he's 178 cms but looks like a tank. Inb4 OP moments.
THE FORESHADOWING is real in the end. I am hoping that each girl doesn't get only 1 episode of story time, that would be pretty bad.
School bus, school bus, school bus, school bus, take that route please. Or make the anime 24 episodes long.

First time watching an anime that hasn't finished airing. Do not disappoint me Grisaia, dammit.

Oh and yeah, listen to the glorious OST. LISTEN!

This looks so much better than I imagined. They even kept the widescreen presentation.
I'm excited now. I hope 8-bit can keep it up.

They animated Micihru so well. *finger crossed for her route*

... i always wondered what his bag looked like. :)

Last edited:

This looks so much better than I imagined. They even kept the widescreen presentation.
I'm excited now. I hope 8-bit can keep it up.

Fingers crossed for Michiru route.

They will probably end up with a harem route just so that they can milk the next 2 sequels some more.

Of course, that all depends on how popular the show becomes. Heck if it turns into a good anime, why not.

Back