Bakuman

Sickador

Hey people what do you think of the current manga Bakuman?

bakuman.jpg

it's up to 11 chapters, and on other forums some say it's better than naruto.
i got to disagree on that, but the story of bakuman is really good in my opinion.

Uhh.

Naruto is the most average of average shonen series.
The plot is prolonged, art isn't quite heaven breaking and characters aren't quite unique either.

What I'm trying to say; A lot of mangas are better than Naruto.

Anyway, of Bakuman..
I've read it since the first chapter and it's been more or less interesting.
I'm not personally much interested of the drawing, but writing stories and to some degree I found it interesting. I kind of hope we'd see some actual 'working' on the story the two are making.
Bakuman's art, I've never liked the way the artist draws girls. Really.
There have been few panels where I think the artist has succeeded more or less better than normally, but other than that I don't really like his way of drawing girls.
The few ideas represented in the story so far have been well, probably not the most unique ones, but still interesting to some degree.
Overall I like the idea of this manga and I am kind of looking forward how it'll turn out.

I started reading this a while back and I'm really enjoying it at the moment. I have to say, I find it very odd to compare it to Naruto when the type of plot seems completely different. I should really read more Bakuman soon, once I catch up on the backlog of manga I have >.<

Bakuman Chp 99
I think Akina was crying because she realized she has to run laps naked now. Also, I think that Miho looked adorable when she heard that she had been requested to do the drama CD

Bakuman 100
Didn't really understand why Hattori-san told them they were not getting an anime. Maybe he's trying to get them to just focus on doing well and not have such short-term goals. I have a feeling that their former editor, Miura, is going to accidentally tell them that they have had multiple anime offers though (knowing him).

It's funny how many views this thread has when it has so few posts...
100:
I think Hattori's bluffing...or I hope he is...
PCP may not be getting an anime yet...but Bakuman is :smile: ...so in a way they have reached their goal..lol

Yeah, I can't wait for the anime. I remember my first thoughts when Xelipsis told me it was "a manga about writing manga." I really thought it was going to turn out to be something I didn't like, but now it's one of my top three weekly mangas.

Maybe Hattori

just meant to say they won't be having an anime any time soon... And that can be for many reasons. Because there isn't enough material to do a rather long anime (say, 26/52 eps), because they don't want them to become conceited but keep trying harder, because the studios that offered the animations aren't good enough to do a quality work... And so on.

It would be too much to tell them ''sorry, your ideal manga is not fit to be animated, so throw your dreams to the bin and shut up''. Then Bakuman would end and we'd be like wtf.

Besides, how is PCP unfit to have an anime? Maybe some real pieces I know wouldn't work, but I don't really see a problem with PCP =/

I really love Bakuman! Every week I eagerly await the next chapter.

I keep thinking that Mashiro and Aiko are going to end up teaming up to create that romance manga together. Though I'm not sure about that prediction because it's kinda looking like that's less likely to happen now.

Finally managed to read 114...best chapter ever!
And now Hiramaru will have all the motivation he´ll ever need...
He´s like the best character ever :love:

And because I´m so happy right now here´s a little xmass present...
Bakuman on TV (Real Shueisha Tour + Real Faces of Editors!)

Last edited:
Bakuman 115
I really liked the chapter. The chapter that Hattori wanted them to read reminded me of a mixture of Liar Game and Battle Royale. I would like to see the corrupt battle manga that Shujin would come up with, I bet it would be something awesome.

I'm a little behind on Bakuman atm (ch.100), and absolutely love it (the art especially).

To answer the original post, there's a lot of anime better than naruto frankly. It used to be interesting but it's pretty dull now...

Finished volume 1 of Bakuman last weekend. I find the story very deep although a bit slow at times, but it makes it even more interesting when I like drawing myself too. Took me like 5 days to read the whole volume, only read like 1 chapter at a time cos I wanted to enjoy the amazing art.
Still got 2 volumes waiting for me in my bookshelf...I need to place a new order for the next few volumes as soon as they're released in english. Thumbs up for this one!

man, I love the recent development.
Hell yes! Screw the clichés!
Man, that is one of the things I really love about Bakuman. It looks like it is about to have some cliché thing happen and then it doesn't, but is rather being simple yet original and realistic.

^There's no Jump this week...well it's monday here already so actually this week there is going to be a issue of Jump...but you get it...

Back