Gakuen Heaven

HellaSueV

Gakuen Heaven

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just finished downloading this anime and I was expecting the same or similar to the manga.....but boy was I dead WRONG! Its about a all boys school and gay lovers.....>_<

Nothing more to say......I deleted it after 5 minutes into this first ep

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean there are more episodes of this forth coming??!! I thought it was the biggest spoof ever. I laughed until I hit the floor. It was truly awful. Of course, I also paused it everytime my bf walked in the room to avoid spewing.

I guess I just find the inclusion by our kind fansubbers of "haxored" and "l33t" to be morbidly amusing in context.

Wolfco said:
You mean there are more episodes of this forth coming??!! I thought it was the biggest spoof ever. I laughed until I hit the floor. It was truly awful. Of course, I also paused it everytime my bf walked in the room to avoid spewing.

I guess I just find the inclusion by our kind fansubbers of "haxored" and "l33t" to be morbidly amusing in context.

Hum, I didn't find the (spoiler) in the episode I saw... Was it a parody-sub by any chance? Kinda sounds like it from your description. O_o

But other than that, I thought it was quite good. Although it looks like the series is a bit heavy on the intrigue between people at the school (see the spoiler button), I get the impression it'll have a more involved plot than, say, Sukishou. I haven't played the game, though, so I don't quite know what to expect. Still, I'm looking forward to the next episode - it looks promising. :3

Rival hackers at the student council and treasury? It just seems to me like such powergames are too... dramatic to fit in with the high school setting. And those strange twins... Seems rather overboard. :l

PS: Is it the aarinfantasy that has posted above? *stares with big, admiring puppy-dog eyes*

Last edited:
So as it's subbed by aarinfantasy, can we safely assume it's yaoi?

I'm wondering, how yaoi is it? Like explicit kissing like in Loveless, or just undertones? (like Maria-sama but yuri)

I'm sorry. I should have clarified that I was watching a parodied sub of the first episode (thanks live-evil). I didn't realize it was a parody until after I dl'd it. Even if you have no tolerance for yaoi (or even shonen-ai), it would be worth your time to watch the parody. I'm half-afraid to get the real subs now as they won't be nearly as funny.

Lady Artemis: I've been given the impression that it is leans more into yaoi than Loveless. Loveless is strictly shonen-ai. Of course, I haven't seen more than the first episode as cut; so, I don't that my opinion is particularly valid. That is just what some of the rabid-fangirls suggested.

Well I decided to watch the first ep and couldn't get through past 10 mins. To be honest, if I'm going to watch something like Gakuen Heaven, the guys need to at least be bishi/good looking, and the art has to be up to a certain standard. Gakuen Heaven didn't meet either of those criterias.

Plus the baseline seems like your typical harem anime where you have a bunch of people interested in the new transfer student, just that in this case they're all boys.

With many other series I'm interested in watching this season, this just didn't do it for me.

Frost said:
Still, I'm looking forward to the next episode - it looks promising. :3

After watching episode 4, I take that back. I suppose it's not surprising, given that the anime is based on a BL game, but the story has indeed devolved into excuses to show cutesy shounen ai behaviour.

Such as the mind-boggling "Who used my toothbrush?!" mystery, complete with Columbo-esque deductions and accusations between "suspects". And of course, there's this:

frost_bscap0001.jpg

I think it is the best thing evAR... no seriously, it is very humorous. It is exactly what it is supposed to be: the quintessential harem anime. If you don't like seeing men falling in love with men, then you will hate it. If you can handle that, it is a moderately amusing show. As far as hotness goes, the characters are cute enough. I mostly watch it because it is soooo incredibly awfully the same as all the female harem I end up watching for the lack of something else do. In case you have a fear of blindness, it is strictly shonen-ai so far.

Back