Solty Rei

Aydan

Solty Rei

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

This one is an ok anime, but with the amount of good shows coming out I don't think I'll watch this one. The animation is ok, which is the same as average these days. It's a cyber punk type story. Badass depressed bounty hunter guy who lost his daughter, with the biggest gun I've ever seen, meets cute robot girl who is as strong as a battleship, who also lost her memory, but recognizes him somehow. If you've seen bubblegum crises you'll see that the power suits are back. It could be an entertaining show, if only I had the time. Meh this one is for a rainy day when you have nothing to do. A 7 out of 10 maybe? Not a bad show but not something that blew me away.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol sorry but, someone who can watch a couple of the first episodes of a anime and judge it says everything, this anime i had the same impression but its actually a pretty good anime, i remember watching bleach when it first came out and thinking it was the worst, now i pretty much love it.

this anime is good, especially later on, it has some uniqueness to it and its a pretty nice laugh, don't like the rose character using english words but apart from that, this is a anime well worthy of neing watched.

ps: isht my birthday wooo :balloon:

There are too many other shows that I'm watching atm, I just had to let this one go. I do wish I had some more time so I could watch this one.

heh, with the amount of anime that is out today, if it doesnt grab me with 1st episodes, then i cant be bothered with it.

im with aydan on this one. ill watch it when im bored out of my mind.

i think i am still watching like 10+ different series right now, and need to finish up at least 3 series that has come to completion.

i will get around to watching this one eventually i'm sure ^^_.

weird, i am watching nearly all new animes i can find on animesuki and otherplaces, to go for first impressions.. well, understandable but i'd say don't bother, i think its episode 4 of solty rei that caught me, the one where she does acrobatics..

ah well...

I just the love the moving hair... reminds me of Mahoro and the gravity defying part too, which beats the hairdo in Piano lol

Has anyone seen this series? If so, how is it? My friend recently started watching it and says its good, but, he also told me I would love R.O.D, so I am a bit hesitant.

Well, that thread happened while it was just starting to air... you're not going to get much information out of it, and it'd be an awfully awkward revival, so I'll just post here.

Anyway, Solty Rei is one of those series that takes some time to really get going... the first 8-10 episodes or so serve mainly to provide some story background, introduce characters, and set up the relationships between them. After that the plot proceeds to do backflips; it's just one twist after another. Although it is classified as an action show, the focus is much more on character development and plotline than it is on fighting. If this seems interesting to you, certainly give it a try.

Wait... so you don't like R.O.D.? I didn't think people like you existed. :P

Solty Rei was pretty good though. In the beginning, it seems pretty obvious where things are headed, but it turns out that it only seems that way. they throw in some pretty good twists, which I always appreciate. I'm glad I watched it.

Back