Denki-Gai

Episode 1
I was actually looking forward to this ever since I first saw it on a list of Fall 2014 anime, but now I'm not so sure...

The characters are cute and seem relatively likable, but I just wasn't feeling it and the comedy was pretty hit-or-miss for me (mostly miss). I'll still give it another episode or two before deciding whether I wanna keep watching or not, but it isn't looking too good.

Episode 1:

I agree with MrTripStack on the comedy mostly being a miss, and I'm not really feeling the characters either. The idea with Sommelier felt pretty novel, but the ominous G-man being into BL and all that just rang hollow to me. The rest of the episode was a bit too sappy for me, especially the hints of a budding romance between Umio and Sensei.

Episode 1

Well, that was good enough for me to keep watching. Even if the further episodes don't improve over this It doesn't seem that bothersome to me. The characters are of course only introduced with two girls taking the foreground, Namely Umi and ''sensei'' The next episode preview seems rather ecchi but everyone here can guess that I'm not against a little ecchi sometimes. The premise and setting doesn't do much for me but I guess it can be made to work however at this time it might as well be in a school or other workplace for now and the two plots are not really all that unique but again they weren't bad in my eyes for something that has me barely involved with the characters it was quite fine I just hope to be grabbed more in the future.

The artstyle is also so, so... not impressive... So a continue, for now.

Last edited:
Episode 1

I'm not a vet in the SOL genre, so I found this interesting enough to see where this goes. I imagine a manga shop should be an easy place to make some fun scenarios.

It was okay. The humour, while worthy of a chuckle when it worked, just as easily fell flat. The characters, while likeable enough, hardly seem particularly inspired. It's just... okay. Average.

And the art-style pretty much has nothing going for it, but it definitely could be worse.

But, I shall continue. Worthy of getting to the third episode before deciding whether or not to drop it, at least.

Ep 1.

It had some really funny moments. And i like the style of it.
Characters was a little.....boring tho.

But will continue to watch it.

ep 1- Reserving judgement.
Sommelier's talent is interesting, but the assumption that everyone needs eros was a little arrogant and self-serving. And turning the inspector into an ally right away made her less interesting. Why couldn't they have kept her as an antagonist for little while?

Why are all the girls in the shop drawn so short? Makes them all look like ten-year-olds - not an image I care for.

I thought the "help a struggling mangaka" line was OK but it doesn't feel fresh after Nozaki-kun, and I didn't care for the crybaby mode either.
I'm willing to watch a bit more.

Episode 2:

I wonder if Etue approves of the ringotastic OP.

This was some weird twee otaku version of a sports festival, but with added ecchi, and it managed to be worse than your regular sports festival episode. Virtually every joke fell flat, and somehow every scene managed to be more boring than the one before. It was a steep dive in quality from the previous episode. But, you know, pantsu races. Hilarious, I tells ya.

Why are all the girls in the shop drawn so short? Makes them all look like ten-year-olds - not an image I care for.

I think you answered your own question.

Episode 2:I wonder if Etue approves of the ringotastic OP.

If the OP didn't disgrace apples.

~

Episode 2:

This anime is so bloody dumb and awkward to watch .I did smile sometimes but more often than not I smiled simply because of how darn unbelievable everything on the screen was. Sommelier is a confirmed lolicon at this point wishing the shortest of the girls to be his own, of course she's 16 because anime.

What was funny in this episode? Well, it was funny in the way that watching something try to hard and be too obvious is funny. Is this a good anime? Certainly not. Is it entertaining? Most of the time it actually hurts to watch this but I just can't stop grinning sometimes simply because of how ridiculous everything up till now is yet despite everything they manage to make it predictable too which causes you to just wonder why this anime ever happened.

It puts a perverse spin on ordinary comedy ecchi anime and runs off whilst cackling madly while keeping everything predictable and heavily servicing lolicons this episode which of course it even worse due to the art-style being what it is. Why is this the way it is? Why is it not better? Why can we not laugh at the awfulness? Because deep in our hearts something slowly rots away when we watch this anime, it just shouldn't be like it is. The analogue for zombies is fitting as those who watch this happily surely are not much more.

Ep 2.

Episode had it's moments, but mostly it was just.....hmm how to put it... to much?
Most of the jokes just didnt work, atleast for me.

But i loved the moment when Kameko was fooled by the other team in tug of war. Moment when she realized she bought a cup for 30 000 yen was priceless.
But well, that was it really.

Last edited:
Huh, forgot to comment on episode 1. Needless to say I found it way more fun and enjoyable than the next, even if the second half did end up being less funny and a bit more boring to sit through than the first.

That said,
Episode 2:
This was just mostly uncomfortable to watch. I did d'aww at first when Fu Girl was falling asleep and her poor little head kept getting smacked off of doorways, but at the same time how old is she? And how old is Sommelier?

In fact, pretty much all of the girls seem to be way too young to be comfortably used with this kind of humor, which felt to me as if it was trying way too hard to be funny at points. How unnecessary and strange the bulge and butt zoom in on the director was o_O

Okay, scratch that, how awkward and unnecessary were all of the zoom ins on every fucking bulge in existence...And the weird water fight scene with Hio-tan was just bad. And of course it had to end with a disgustingly suggestive scene disguised as a cute moment. This show should absolutely not pair Sommelier and Fu Girl. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Also, that damn announcer should have shut the fuck up-silicon!

Meh, I feel creeped out and uncomfortable now.
The way I'd describe this to anyone thinking of picking it up at this point would be heavy with the words awkward, sick, and unfunny. I wouldn't do it if I were you.
Actually thinking of dropping this, which is a shame because I mostly enjoyed the first episode.

Episode 2
There wasn't any good image to represent my feelings toward this episode and I wouldn't dare show my face but just imagine me being disgustingly disappointed since you know, one of those anime you were anticipating only to be that it didn't live up to expectations.... :megusta:

Episode 2.
First episode was just okay. This one shot it up to "Completely goddamn hilarious".
Lewd jokes every which way, and they were all frigging hilarious. I thought Fu-Girl was just a generic Shy/Cutesy character, but it turns out she's a zombie believing psycho. I love it! And between the ball competition and wife carrying, it was a crack-up.
Frigging geat.

Episode 2

God that was shit. Did they hire a completely new set of writers to do this one? I can't stress how absolutely atrocious in comparison to the first episode this was.

It started off okay with the late night sales and after-work drinks - what I expected from this show from last week. But then it just devolved into a raving psychotic mess of garbled sexual innuendoes and a game show that just sprang up out of nowhere.

The worst part was the obvious attempt to sexualize girls that looked ten years old (and fuck that revelation that Fu Girl is 16, nobody looks like a fucking toddler at 16). It was creepy and quite disgusting, especially the attempt to make sexual jokes out of everything that were just poor and in bad taste.

Hur hur, golden balls, girls are touching gigantic balloon balls, it's so obviously like they're fondling a guy's.

If I want good perverted jokes I'd stick with SYD: that show makes an effort to be funny whereas this was just lazy. Same thing with Director trying to wax poetic while we get a close-up of his jiggling man-hood, I don't get what was supposed to be funny or relevant about that except that the Director has sexual harassment issues. Especially when he's taking photos of his employee soaked in a bikini. Again, that wasn't funny, it was just creepy and unsettling.

They had a solid start with Sommelier carrying Fu Girl to bed, and there was a tender moment with Sommelier looking almost fatherly, but that was ruined by Fu Girl's attitude, potty-mouth, and the stupid revelation of her age. The entire middle section just ruined any chance that the end had of being serious and poignant.

Episode 2

I'm with redneck on this one. I wasn't really feeling this show after the first episode, but this second episode was way more enjoyable for me. If they keep the show at this level, I could end up really enjoying it after all.

Fu Girl best girl. <3

I'll be joining in on this one, because of the lottry club thing so far I did quite enjoy it

Episode 01 - 02

Nothing much to say just a fun random comedy show, the animation is meh but the characters are quite fun, some of the jokes are good but then some aren't it's in the middle for me, though episode 2 was far more enjoyable mostly because of that water contest thing :megusta: quite some laughs with this one so thanks damias for this.

Back