Samurai 7

Episode 12:
I'm happy they made Katsushiro kill someone. That was unexpected. I didn't really think he would kill another person. And anyone else here thinks that Heihachi has a thing with traitors? I haven't seen the original movie so I don't know what kind of person Heihachi was there but um..yeah, I think he has a thing with traitors. And Heihachi is surprizingly blood thirsty despite never killing anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
IY-F is releasing.. dunno if anyone else will...

and i dont agree with crystal

Episode 12
whilst it might have been good for katsushiro to kill someone, look at the after effects, its like he got more colder. he was clearly shaken. there are ways to subdue people other than killing them, but oh well. and i do agree that heihachi's sudden mood-swing was indeed surprising.. maybe we'll see something of his past soon.

mmm we should start a 'all hail Kirara-dono' thread <3

It seems like Anime-Kraze is still releasing it. They're just way behind. They only just recently released episode 4. I haven't watched any of their episodes, but they do good work so I'll probably end up waiting for them to catch up to watch the rest of the series. Or maybe I'll watch IY4-ever and wait to burn the Kraze version. Depending on how soon the DVDs are coming out over here, I may just buy it.

ok my 100% agree thing was for Heihachi.

episode 14:
Man does Katsushiro go into psycho mode when he fights or is it just me. I guess he still has issues with killing people, but if he maintains this pace he's sure to crack. I don't know if it's fear of fighting or his fear of killing someone, but it's not having a good effect on him. He does know how to fight though, better than I though he could. Anyway, I wonder how Kirara will help him along his internal struggle. Guess he's just too nice to be a killer. Hmm, I think it comes down to fear afterall. After the fight, on the ledge, he is still breathing heavy, his eyes are still narrow and I bet his insides hurt. These are (after) effects of fear, I should know, I've experienced that level of fear myself. *not that I killed anybody or something, own personal drama, don't ask*

Kirara is the best.

Why IY is taking so much time on the releases?, Getting quite different plot from kurosawa's till episode 20, wonder how is going to finish.

I wonder too. Really hope it doesn't fall apart in the last few episodes.

Now, I'll admit that I haven't actually seen the series, but I'm pretty sure I don't like it.

Akira Kurosawa's movie Seven Samurai was a masterpiece, I don't know why they have to remake things that are already good to begin with.

(However, it is nice to see that Hollywood isn't the only place that can make bad remakes.)

If you haven't seen it, how do you know it's bad? I can understand your skepticism, I'm not a huge fan of remakes myself. But calling something bad when you haven't seen it is jumping the gun just a little bit.

Haven't watched the movie, but I have watched this series. For an action show, it was pretty good, but they try and branch out into different genres... and it doesn't really work out, although, they don't really focus on those genres the entire story, so it's all good.

Imo, think the series deserves a 7.5. It would have got a higher score from me but I'm not a huge fan of just pure action, I like to see a mix of genres.
It would have been an 8.5 but they failed so horribly with the romance, although that wasn't hat they were focusing on so it wasn't a major disappointment, but it would have made the story a lot more interesting.

If you haven't seen it, how do you know it's bad? I can understand your skepticism, I'm not a huge fan of remakes myself. But calling something bad when you haven't seen it is jumping the gun just a little bit.

Your arguments certainly make sense, but I like my narrow-minded approach better.

Back