Signatures are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
After an intense amount of work, I'm finally launching custom signatures once more (in the new codebase). As with the rest of the current site, it had to be re-coded from scratch.

The new version isn't as pretty as before - you no longer see images that walk you through each step (everything is on one page now), but it is functional and linkable, so hopefully that'll satisfy everyone for now! For full V3 it'll look pretty again and have extra options.

Please don't use this thread for signature feature requests - there is absolutely no time to work on them any more at the moment, and we already have many things planned for full V3.

You can see your sig in your profile and can get to the page to change it by clicking 'my signature' in the upper right hand profile panel, or 'add/update my signature' under the signature in your profile. Or, you can go to anime-planet.com/users/[your username]/signature.

Please do change your sigs and post them elsewhere to get people interested in the site. ^_^ Let me know if you encounter any bugs.

And as a special note, if you are happy the signature feature is back up, please consider donating, as right now I'm thousands of dollars in debt because of V3 alpha's development, and we're blocked on developing most of full V3 until more ad revenue (comes in monthly) and donations are available.

You rock! :smile:
Thank you for all your efforts!
Now I have to find some good material for my new sig...

known issue: images over 50k aren't giving an error that it's too big

Not working at all here. Image is only 19k, jpg, 500x130. Chose the anime stats, yellow & black for the 2 colors. The page refreshes, but when I check my sig it's still the old image. I have disabled all proxies & such that might be interfering on my end, and have tried forced refreshes on everything. Nothing has any effect.

edit: It's something with the uploading. I tried it with one of the default images but left everything else the same, and after hitting the submit button it went through to the page that says "you may need to reload" & has the bbcode & such. (When I try to use my own image, it just refreshes the page where you put in all the values.)
This is the image I'm trying to use btw: http://allspark.net/cypherswipe/ap-bg-orange.jpg

edit2: I located the problem, it's crapping out on files with a - in the name. I renamed the image to "aporange.jpg" and it worked fine.

Yay! I say we hold a party for what should be the death of the 'Where can I get one of those signatures?' posts :D

Thanks as ever for all your hard work Sothis! :D

thank you so much sothis, now i can finally get myself a new sig (i'm not good with photoshop... so there you have it)

It only works for me if I use the default backgrounds. If I try using one of the ones I got off the site here, it only refreshes the page.

Oh my! Every time you add another option, I feel so happy! This wonderful site gets better with every update, which is almost impossible, since its already the best site I know. :laugh:

Thank you so much for your hard work, Sothis + Team!

(Donation, do you have a account that accepts Euro's? Or does it automatic convert to Dollars?)

the paypal account accepts any currency ^_^ just another fee is taken away for the currency exchange, so if a person is only planning on donating, say, $2 USD, odds are there will be nothing left after the paypal/currency fees :D

nimira: odds are what you're running into is the file size issue - my new sig image was taken from the requests thread and it did the smae thing the first time (which is actually why i posted the 'known issue' above - cause it happened to me too! ^_^)

tonight i'll get something working to show the 'too big' error. in the meantime what you can do is open up photoshop (or ask me tonight in chat) and 'save for web', and even at a high quality it'll only be ~30k - well under the max size.

NimirRa- Check the filename. As I posted here earlier, there's a bug related to non-alphanumeric characters in the filename.

NimirRa- Check the filename. As I posted here earlier, there's a bug related to non-alphanumeric characters in the filename.

My image is simply named 'banner' and I've attempted with several different ones, all under the maximum size... but still no cookie.

nimira, tonight when i get home i'll pm you in the channel and will help you debug

Perhaps it's rejecting the name "banner", try renaming it to "background" or something.

Are you saving the image to your computer & then trying to upload from there, or are you trying to use the image from it's current location?

Perhaps it's rejecting the name "banner", try renaming it to "background" or something.

Are you saving the image to your computer & then trying to upload from there, or are you trying to use the image from it's current location?

That's not it. I tried several different names for it. And I'm uploading the image from my computer.

nimira, tonight when i get home i'll pm you in the channel and will help you debug

Thanks, sothis. :D

Im having the same issue as NimirRa, I believe.

For reference, this is the image:
picturecp3.jpg

Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back