Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

FireFlower

[sadht]Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade[/sadht][sadhl=27]jin-roh-the-wolf-brigade[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

A-P database said:
review_jinroh.jpg

Constable Fuse is part of an elite Special Forces unit known as the Capital Police whose mission is to maintain peace during a time of civil unrest. Fuse becomes entangled within a web of intrigue and politics between the Capital Police, the government intelligence bureau, and a secret society known as Jin-Roh – the Wolf Brigade.

Created for discussion.

I just watched this an I was a bit lost with this one...

Events happen in Japan but the strange thing that will/might confuse you is they are using
WW2 German's weapons and cars in the Japan. The suit is really strange because it reminds me a lot of Fallout game's Power Armor (eventough this one is much cooler ^^).

About the story I think it is not so great... It is based on
"the Little Red Riding Hood"
but with much more bloody storyline and there is
not happy ending at all
. Fuse is the protagonist but he is so passive in this that it makes you wonder is he a retard. At the end he finally (a great ending spoiler)
shows his emotions because he doesn't want to be compared to the little Red Hiding Hood story's Wolf and shoots the woman who was trying torture him. Ironically they both loved each other but the woman wanted to make Fuse suffer when he was thinking can He save the woman from her fate somehow and his mental weakness forced him to shoot her. Well the wolf brigade commander wasn't completely trusting Fuse so he had a sniper waiting in the house to eliminate both if Fuse was going to betray the commander and the wolf brigade.

I wonder what happened to Fuse after ending. I am wondering will he kill himself, continue his work as a loyal wolf or something else...

If you ever wanted more of this bleak world, watch the Kerberos Saga live movies Red Spectacles or Stray Dog.
or manga Kerberos Panzer Cop

Man, didn't it feel very
dreadful what was going to happen at the end. Being that I am not a person who believes in fate, I had a hard time swallowing the decision Fuze is ordered to make in killing Kei.

Yep, good old Red Riding hood, but it is
more or less based on the 'unhappy' ending of both the Oldest written version of Red Riding hood, Le Petit Chaperon Rouge (in that one the Wolf eats both Grandma and girl, and is not defeated by a hunter) and the German version Rotkäppchen, which uses the written parts, and imagery. Both are more twisted and were a moral tale told as a warning.

Well in the first part of the manga it was adapted from the chracter Fuze I believe is based on
Inui Toru, and is instead killed by the terrorist woman. It would have seemed to him that she was harmless. Fuze himself is not the name of the character.
as for Fuze he does not show up as far as i know in any of the other adoptions of the Kerberos Saga. I would tend to agree with you though
I think the guilt would maybe cause him an early death

Back