Nodame Cantabile

Aydan

Nodame Cantabile

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

This is a light hearted romantic/comedy about classical music. You can compare it to Honey & Clover, only this time it's about classical music and it's not really centered on a group of people but on Nodame (our "hen" heroin). A very good show for those that like feel good anime. I also recommend the J-drama version, you'll have to dig around the web to find the translation scripts. I sadly lost mine in a HD-death a couple of months ago.

For the anime-version:
ƒeƒŒƒrƒAƒjƒu‚Ì‚¾‚߃Jƒ“ƒ^[ƒrƒŒ ”b—¢•ÒvŒöŽ®ƒTƒCƒg

For the (longer running) J-Drama version:
ƒtƒWƒeƒŒƒr

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nodame Lesson

nice, I will try it, it have good rating (anidb) and if it's close to H&C then it is good.

and what is G-drama version? (what does it mean?)

and what is G-drama version? (what does it mean?)

Awh lol it should be J-drama, Japanese drama series (real people), not G-drama. My blunder for the day. :D

On other news the same person that directed Honey & Clover will be directing Nodame.

Last edited:

This show looks GREAT STUFF!

It's funny, because I found Honey & Clover just weird and un-entertaining, whereas Nodame's humour seems to click just right with me. But I can see where they link in... tone or feel. Something tangible underlining both animes, anyway.

Cannot WAIT for more. WHERE IS EPISODE 3!?

The first episode gave me a vicious case of the smiles. I'll definitely be getting this one.

Hmm, why Nodame "Lesson"? Weird. Otherwise, yeah, so far it was pretty good.

Aydan: Ah, got it :-)

Last edited:

Here's the deal, the anime is named Nodame Cantabile, cantabile being a way of paying music, Nodame has a unique kind of cantabile.

Naming the thread as Nodame lesson is of course a mistake on my part. Every episode is basically titled as a lesson with the appropriate episode number. This goes for the manga/j-drama/anime. As such the J-drama episodes I used to get, were named as Nodame Lesson 1, Nodame Lesson 2, etc... That name stuck in my head, which is why I made the mistake when opening the thread.

The He-She is GREAT COMEDY! Nothing like gender confusion to get a cheap laugh outta me.

alright, looks like i have a new anime to watch later :p.

............ update.

wow, what an awesome first episode :p.

i'm dl'ing all 4 eps that are out now.

Last edited:
Haha I agree, Nodame can be so adorable. I'm beginning to find Chiaki a bit abusive. I know it's all in the spirit of comedy, but still ...

just watched ep 8, man this show is great. i really like the OP and ED songs to the show.

chiaki and nodame kind of remind me of sousuke and chidori from FMP but with reversed roles and without all the military stuff :p.

I agree, Lord Vegita, the opening and closing themes are fantastic. And I find the abuse hilarious. Usually its the girls throwing things, but Chiaki throws a perfect tantrum. HAHAHA!

watched ep 9 last night as well.

i love how the maestro Stresseman acts like he's getting drunk and being sick and it was all coincedental but it isn't. just like how he left two copies of the score on the table for Chiaki to find. also he even said, "You've studied the score, you can do it Chiaki." Chiaki had never seen the score till that night.

it's going to be interesting what happens with Nodame these next few eps since no one got to hear her play that piece except for the host and even then she didn't see who played it. But Nodame is learning how to actually read music instead of pick it up by ear ^^_.

just watched ep 8, man this show is great. i really like the OP and ED songs to the show.

chiaki and nodame kind of remind me of sousuke and chidori from FMP but with reversed roles and without all the military stuff :p.

Funnily enough, the seiyuu for Chiaki is actually the guy who voices Sousuke. And a million other things (I think he's awesome, and I don't pay attention to male seiyuu at all. Except for a notable few, of which he's been added). Nodame, well, here we get to the main reason I can't watch the show, and will have to content myself with loving the manga, and getting around to watching the j-drama: I freakin' hate Kawasumi Ayako. She's a virus, infecting just about every series in existance.

/rant.

Wait a minute. Kawasumi Ayako? As in Osaka?! Now there's a picture I can't get my head around.

Back