Aoi Bungaku Series

Omurqi

[sadht=Blue Literature Series]Aoi Bungaku Series[/sadht][sadhl=2717]Aoi Bungaku Series[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
Very excited about the first episode of this show! Animation is gorgeous and fitting for a horror (great character designs like DN, dark / brownish tones from Boogiepop), and I love how the main character is introduced in this episode.

Definitely going to follow this anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to this one most of all out of the fall season. I've read some of the books that they're using for it and I'm pretty happy with how it looks for the first episode. :D

Episode 2

Just as good as the first episode, loved it.
It actually got really creepy from the room-scene on. Feels like a version of Ayakashi's Horror stories that actually works for me.
Btw, the hd version of this is really good, a whole other dimension from the streamed versions (which is always the case of course, but even more with this one).

Is anyone actually watching it besides gleipnir?

I'm following it but i don't really get the series, i mean the first episode was good but i heard it follows many different stories?

In regards to the first ep, i enjoyed it alot, dark and immersive, had a death note-esque animation style to it, all in all i was impressed. Not seen ep 2 yet though.

It's a collection of anime adaptions from classic Japanese literature, or that's how I got it. We can expect several "arcs", each one featuring one horror story.

It's a collection of anime adaptions from classic Japanese literature, or that's how I got it. We can expect several "arcs", each one featuring one horror story.

I didn't think they were all horror stories, thats sooo cool! :D
Hopefully i can see ep 2 soon, does it continue from ep 1 or is it another story entirely? I never watched the preview for ep 2 >_>

No Longer Human was more of a somewhat-autobiographical novel than a horror story. But this horror twist is certainly an interesting take on it, though it seems very different now haha.

The room scenes were more terrifying than a lot of "horror" anime I've seen. :nervous: The "monster" Oba is just... D:

No Longer Human was more of a somewhat-autobiographical novel than a horror story. But this horror twist is certainly an interesting take on it, though it seems very different now haha.

The room scenes were more terrifying than a lot of "horror" anime I've seen. :nervous: The "monster" Oba is just... D:
Exactly! :nervous: Last time I've been this creeped out over an anime was with Perfect Blue

Saw ep 2, loved it, this arc gives off a Hitsuji no Uta vibe i think, just the creepy awkwardness this show has, both shows un-nerv me somewhat without really being horror, just plain creepy wierd.
Both seem very depressing and pessemistic too, dark toned and very much...
...suicidal in the way the main characters think and feel from thier problems.

Looking forward to more :D

i'm enjoying this show but i'm still unsure about it.

very lovely animation though and story telling so far. spooOOoooOOky

Agh, I miss CHIBI AKIKO DX

Kokoro was bloody excellent though. I can't wait for the next story.

Also - would anyone know the name of the song at the beginning of episode 5?
I'm totally in love with it...

I liked the first story, it was interesting. A little too odd for me to really love though, I just didn't fully understand the message, and felt lost often.

The second story (which just finished at episode 6) was a complete change. I honestly didn't like it very much, the art, atmosphere, singing, etc just didn't work as a whole for me, and I found the story a bit simplistic.

I look forward to the next story, but I hope the quality goes up.

The third story was quite nice, again different from the first two. I have a hard time picking my favorite story though, they were all nice in their own way.
Spoiler about the first three stories
In the first story, I liked the artstyle a lot, and the whole deal with his inner "monster". It didn't conclude as well as I hoped though.

The second story was a bit of a letdown, although I adored the sakura-scenes. They were all gorgeous and creepy. The manipulative girl(/demon?) was interesting at first, but lost some of its "charm" to me later on.

The third story was a bit so-so, again with ups and downs. I liked the message it send out and the artstyle, although the repetition in a different season confused me a bit.
Overall, this is probably my favorite anime of the season. It's like a version of Ayakashi JCH that works for me.
Looking forward to the fourth story ^_^

Does anyone know what's up with this series? I haven't seen in the Internet a chapter from #10 (not included) onwards in a long time... And I really want to watch the other stories TT_TT

By the way, my favorite one is the third for now ^^

Does anyone know what's up with this series? I haven't seen in the Internet a chapter from #10 (not included) onwards in a long time... And I really want to watch the other stories TT_TT

By the way, my favorite one is the third for now ^^

After ep10, the show took a break (maybe two weeks?), if I understand correctly, the rest of the episodes are supposed to all come out at the same time maybe sometime in the next week. I think.

The third story was quite nice, again different from the first two. I have a hard time picking my favorite story though, they were all nice in their own way.
Spoiler about the first three stories
In the first story, I liked the artstyle a lot, and the whole deal with his inner "monster". It didn't conclude as well as I hoped though.

The second story was a bit of a letdown, although I adored the sakura-scenes. They were all gorgeous and creepy. The manipulative girl(/demon?) was interesting at first, but lost some of its "charm" to me later on.

The third story was a bit so-so, again with ups and downs. I liked the message it send out and the artstyle, although the repetition in a different season confused me a bit.
Overall, this is probably my favorite anime of the season. It's like a version of Ayakashi JCH that works for me.
Looking forward to the fourth story ^_^

I suppose the season thing was supposed to be more symbolic of the main character/his outcome, than actual season-y-ness.

Does anyone know how to track down the insert songs from this thing? I really like the one that plays in eps 7&8.

This show is weird... very weird. Eh, weird wouldn't be the right word. Creepy is pretty good to use in place of it. I also like the intro to this all the time explaining things. Very nifty.

Back