Tsuritama

kargarus

Tsuritama

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Directed by Kenji Nakamura of Mononoke fame and 2011's C. Another hopeful for noitaminA this season.

well, anything coming from notaminA is a definite watch for me. hope they won't disappoint.

Definitely going to be watching this one. I loved Nakamura's work with Kuuchuu Buranko and Mononoke; I can't wait to see what he does with this!

Aw, the colors! This is the most colorful anime I've ever seen. And the first episode was fun enough, definitely unique.

Wah, all the scenery sea views are so lovely! And such cheery colors~

God help me but I have such a soft spot for quirky, slightly surreal stuff like this. What a precious show, and what precious kids.

This was hilarious. And, it's art is spectacular.

Gifs
Opening.gif

TrueLove.gif

OHGODWTFAMIDOIN.gif

There's so many weird shows this season. This one seems like it has potential to do... something?

I went into this with no knowledge of what it was about. Just wanting to see what was in store for us on noitaminA. And turns out it is great. I found it quite funny and quirky, definitely will follow this series. Good times.

wow totally weird and interesting so far. reminded me of the newer shaft projects I've seen, which to me is a good thing.

I really liked the first episode. Especially the atmosphere. The whole feel to it is strangely relaxing, especially the music, but I have a feeling that things will get crazy.

To sum up the first ep. in a single word: quirky!
Saving the world with nothing but a fishing rod and a mind-controlling water gun? Sounds interesting!

Yuki reminds me of Fujimoto from Ponyo - must be the demon face thing.
And what if that whole drowning thing isn't a metaphor! He could be Poseidon or something in disguise, just like Haru's an alien!

Just watched the first ep of this. Pretty damn cool.

It really feels like this anime needs an Etsuko Yakushimaru song tho :)

I really liked the first episode, the bright colours and music made me feel all summery. I'm really liking the characters so far although I'm currently finding Haru to be an odd mix of adorable and terrifying, just what is with the water gun? I'm also intrigued to find out exactly how they're going to save the world. Definately a keeper for now.

Episode 2.
This show is just great. The first 10 minutes or so of the trio and their inner monologue's (not Haru so much) consisting of misunderstandings about each other are a riot, really funny stuff.

Yes, I too wonder what's with the pistol. And Haru's sister has one as well. What's with the goose? :laugh: Grandma coughing wasn't a good sign. But anyway, looking forward to more of this show.

Episode 3. Yes, lovely episode. Not enough enoshima don's I think!
I liked the stylised animation when Yuki finally cast in the bucket. That was cool.

Huh
The Indian guy's a secret agent...nice.
Still have no idea how the world's going to be placed in danger, but it should be interesting.
Hopefully Keito doesn't die before then .-.

Episode 4.
Really enjoying this show. The randomness has tapered off a bit, but Haru's quirks, though annoying for Yuki are still funny to me.

It's great seeing Yuki grow in confidence and build his friendships with Haru and the Prince.

Am still wondering whether Haru really is an alien. Yuki doesn't seem to have a problem with it and even acknowledges it.

Back