High School DxD

... I WAS gonna watch it... then I saw that they made the potentially awesome concept into an ecchi filler series (the kind that seemingly only exists to fill a time-slot).

Episode 1.

BOOBIES! And they aren't censored! I'm totally watching this show.

Actual opinion of episode 1.
This looks like it could be a good show. I admire this Issei dude. Bleeding to death, and thinking about tits. I admire that. Though it perplexes me that he'd wake up with a naked hottie in his bed, and freak out. I'd be pretty happy about that.

BOOBIES! And they aren't censored! I'm totally watching this show.

:laugh:
I'm sure they will be.
The first airing (the 6th and again on the 10th) is on AT-X, which is uncensored.
Other networks don't start until the 11th.

If the rest of the episodes follow that schedule, the uncensored version will be availible way before the censored versions.
Which I actually find rather amusing, since it usually works the other way around.

Episode 1.

It's definitely a ecchi-harem with some sprinkles of plot on top of it, that said; It's not pretentious about the ecchi and the dialogue is apparently so horrible that it can entertain me...
I can manage to watch this, especially if the plot actually progresses more than 2 episodes...

I could watch it for the ecchi if the protagonist wasn't such a drooling moron just too infurating to watch. Maybe once it's released on blu-ray...

episode 1..... first actual line, "Man, I want to fondle some nice boobs." oh, it's gonna be one of those shows.
i actually felt bad for the main character; just like any high school boy he wanted to hook up with someone. girl falls into his lap, has a great time out, then she kills him for no fucking reason!
wakes up, no one remembers any of this happened, and some other guy kills him for no fucking reason!
what a week.
if i want boobs there is a plethora of hentai elsewhere i can watch, i'm here for the plot. if the plot sucks, i'm going elsewhere.

^ Best first line in an anime all year. I like it already.

I'm expecting something like Maken-Ki but with less plot and same boobage/ecchi hijinks.

There is too much boobs everywhere.

As I have a lot of free time I will watch it for time being anyway (there is always choice of droping it later)

I am not going to dismiss it as ecchi filler, and although I can see the Maken-ki! reference, it doesn't come close: It actually introduced what could be the baddy, I can see the plot forming, and yeah...I was plain entertained. Good start to the series, I am going to keep with this one.

I'll prolly drop it after the second episode, but does this anime remind anyone else of Gantz?
okay the tone is completely different, but there's nipples everywhere and the main character dies in the first episode, two things you don't see very often...

I have to keep watching, I don't know if I'm gonna drop yet, the first half was painful for me, but the second half got somewhat better

I don't normally stick with animes like these, but I think I will. I'm interested in the storyline between the Fallen Angels and the Demons. The ecchi is just forced fanservice and doesn't have any real substance to it. Here's to hoping they maintain a good plot.

I don't normally stick with animes like these, but I think I will. I'm interested in the storyline between the Fallen Angels and the Demons. The ecchi is just forced fanservice and doesn't have any real substance to it. Here's to hoping they maintain a good plot.

Excess of fanservice, just goddamn sucks. I swear I'm so sick of it already....that I can barely stand some series that have them.

Episode 1
He said it out loud! What a great opening.
Super chess. This is obviously an intellectual series.
Also an amazing alarm clock.

This went above my expectations of a boobfest jiggleshow with little plot and ecchi perversion abound as it had a plot that had me interested and no harem right off the bat.
Better than Maken-Ki.

^ Best first line in an anime all year. I like it already.
I totally agree xD

I'm expecting something like Maken-Ki but with less plot and same boobage/ecchi hijinks.

I think it's going to be the other way around. More plot than Maken-ki since this show comes from a light novel series and not from an ecchi-filled manga.
I think it's going to be 40% plot and 60% fan service.

Back