Coming soon, Anime-Planet becomes more awesome

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Full visual redesign from the ground up, new features, and many new awesome plans after that are actively being worked on and are coming soon, stay tuned....

:drinking:

o: Oh my, I can't wait to see the changes. Keep up the great work Overlord ^o^ let us know if you need anything.

Boo-Ya! Looking forward to it. :smile:

(Better not disappoint me!)

i'm guessing there will be a decent amount of angst given we're basically designing things from the ground up, and it's understandable because change is always tough to swallow (especially MASSIVE change). but, we're confident that things are moving in the right direction and the site as a whole will be much easier to use.

eh?

(not sure what you're asking, but is it a random bug or related to the full redesign? if so, please open up a new bug thread about it)

eh?

(not sure what you're asking, but is it a random bug or related to the full redesign? if so, please open up a new bug thread about it)

The link in your signature. Is the link broken? Thread deleted? Or Something I just can't access?

I'm just a curious type of person :3 I like clicking links and learning things.

(maybe a pm then as opposed to in this announcement thread about the redesign)

the survey likely won't happen, or if it will, it'll be very different than i originally intended. as it turns out there's no online software that lets you do the type of survey it needs to be to get the type of data.

i aim to have *something* up soon, but i think i already know the results that will happen and have started moving forward on the design based on a few top tasks

The link in sothis' sig has been broken since v3 of the site. People have brought it up before, but... *shrug*

Been excited to see this start moving since the major moves and shakes with bastard hosting issues in particular; but I am really happy to see that this is in some ways catalysing the more positive stuff you've been thinking about for a while, sothis!
I know it'll be a long and expensive haul for you and yours, so best of luck for some smooth implementation! (I plan to make a 'reasonably substantive' donation in the coming weeks which I hope will assist at least a little with the initial costs, and will look into making a direct debit style fortnightly donation arrangement if possible)

Also, cheers for the consistent FB updates, too. They've been informative and really kept people in the loop. :)

Full visual redesign from the ground up, new features, and many new awesome plans after that are actively being worked on and are coming soon, stay tuned....

:drinking:

This is more about development than design, but will the site finally use HTML5? Seriously, as a developer myself, I would like AP to use HTML5. :3

Yes, I understand you didn't have the resources for it before, just a pet peeve. I like studying the various codes of this site to further my knowledge.

i'm guessing there will be a decent amount of angst given we're basically designing things from the ground up, and it's understandable because change is always tough to swallow (especially MASSIVE change). but, we're confident that things are moving in the right direction and the site as a whole will be much easier to use.

As long as you don't pull a windows 8 on us and remove something we all use then we should be fine.

Anyone who'll cry about it can voice their complaints to me so I have something to be entertained with on my weekends.

No really, if you get some complain messages, forward them to me. :megusta:

Back