And you thought there is never a girl online?

chii

[sadht= Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?]And you thought there is never a girl online?[/sadht]

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Last edited:
Episode 1

The characters are rather stock I feel though Ako is quite a weird combo of flavours in some ways. Eitherway the peculiar premise is played fairly straight forward and despite not feeling unique despite the unique start it was at least not boring.

It does have bouncy bouncy Ako...

Also, glorious oppai arm hugs.
dNgMHTs.png

kanadSb.png

QgcAIhc.png

Also lot's of ass shots as well.

ZpQFqQY.png

Ass + Absolute Area/zettai ryouiki
bWAip3T.png

Ecchi this certainly is.

Last edited:
I wish Hisashi would just focus his energy on more glorious hentai instead of character designs for generic ecchi series.

Episode 1

The characters are rather stock I feel though Ako is quite a weird combo of flavours in some ways. Eitherway the peculiar premise is played fairly straight forward and despite not feeling unique despite the unique start it was at least not boring.

It does have bouncy bouncy Ako...

Also, glorious oppai arm hugs.
dNgMHTs.png

kanadSb.png

QgcAIhc.png

Also lot's of ass shots as well.

ZpQFqQY.png

Ass + Absolute Area/zettai ryouiki
bWAip3T.png

Ecchi this certainly is.

Oh god yes.

Dem asses son! THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE

What she lacks in the front she makes up in the trunk.

Episode 1:
Eh. Nothing special. I find it amusing enough so I might stick around.

Ako's body is pretty lewd though :333

The light novel was published in 2013 so whoever wrote this was probably riding on the coat-tails of SAO's popularity at the time. It really does feel like some sort of tweaked fanfiction to me. But it's cute, and light, and I'll probably watch it all the way through.

I think it's pretty good, lots of fan service stuff, but I'm okay with that. :megusta:
I wasn't surprised that Tsun Twin-Tails was part of the guild, but what I figured was that she would actually be the Guild Master. Making the Student Council President seemed kind of random.

I also wasn't expecting them to meet up so soon, I thought they would milk the mystery a bit more. Having Hideki doubt where the girl was actually a girl.

I like the art alright, but to be honest, they seem to have weirdly drawn mouths. Not necessarily bad, or off-putting. Just.. weird, like, I feel like I find myself focusing more on their mouths than the rest of them.

I have a hard time dealing with Ako's obsessive personality though, and her extreme hatred of normies. She's a bit over-the-top for me at the moment. I hope she calms down a bit.

Overall, I like this, mostly because I'm all about giving series a chance if they involve games. So, I'm excited for this. I hope they focus some more on the game though.

Episode 1
Ako was in Fighting Climax and I actually liked using her, so I decided to check out her show when it came out. Okay, so I guess Ako is kinda like a hotter bustier version of Tomoko from Watamote. They both hate "normies", they both don't really have friends, and they're both rather shy. Well I wasn't too found of Tomoko, so I'll see how this goes. My first impression of her was better than Tomoko's though, probably because there wasn't any cringe.

So as far as MMOs go, we got the GIRL (Guys In Real Life), the Pay 2 Win players, and the thirsty e-daters. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucian was this guy at one point. Didn't expect the other two dudes to be girls though. Well I like the first episode, and unless they really fuck something up, I'm gonna stick with this.

Episode 2

Well that took a direction that I didn't expect. Having that inability certainly is a nice plot to tackle for the first few episodes. Segawa doesn't appear to be a rival love interest but I have few hopes that that will hold. That said Inori Minase is doing a nice job voicing her. I like her vocal preformance the most probably.

Since I went on a seiyuu tangent.... Rina Hidaka seems to also be enjoying herself but her preformance isn't that striking this episode, maybe because she uses her normal ''loli'' voice that she always uses and doesn't have massive shifts in emotion this episode. M.A.O. is still improving and is suitable for certain sounding very much like one would imagine her character to sound like. Toshiyuki is consistently convincing not striking though.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode it was quirky but I felt it was fun enough with it's self awareness and plot direction.

I found this episode more or less as enjoyable as the first.
Unfortunately, I don't share Etue's optimism for the plot going on now. I feel like this is back pedaling the development. I'm afraid this will grow into something where they lose the connections they made rather than strengthen them.

Ako is taking it to an extreme, but to say a person is completely different online and in reality isn't entirely true. They may have a different persona in game, but they are more or less the same person. The idea of being friends with a person online, but not friends with them in real life is a bit shaky. I think, especially in this day and age, more people tend to reach out online and try to make real connections through Skype, for instance. I know that happens here on AP, and I used to play an MMORPG where our Guild had our own Skype channel for in-game chat and meetings and such. And, Online Dating is as popular as ever.

Maybe it's different because it's a game, and that's the general argument though. They are immersing themselves in a fantasy world, and take their true selves out of it. But, the moment they made offline that basically shattered that conception, and then took it a step further by creating this club.

I'd be happier if this was about them coming together and creating real connections, rather than meeting and trying to remain distant.

At this point, I'm more afraid of Ako taking "reality" to an extreme.

Not a great start and the jokes all mostly fall flat. The premise is passable, but the execution seems really lacking.

Not sure I'll continue with this one this season, but I guess I'll try one more ep.

Not bad, but nothing special either, seems to be like any other ecchi romance/harem anime out there. I was expected that they would do more with the whole rejected by a guy thing. Was expecting him to be more like Hachiman from SNAFU.

Episode 3

Well they pulled the cast together quick. That's all I can say. This episode wasn't the funniest thing ever. I'm hoping it shapes to be something more from this point on now that they pulled this last piece out.

Episode 3:
This episode is a mixed bag for me. While I enjoyed Yandere Ako, her willingness to brain her teacher was just a little too much. Sure, the scene was meant to be comedic, but it just didn't sit well with me. The teacher clotheslining Ako bothered me too. Then there's the drama. Ugh. I wish this show was a full-on comedy. The serious stuff isn't just working for me.

I like Ako's Flame Robe better than her array of pinkness.
Anyway, an okay episode, not as good as the past couple had been. The Ako drama was getting over the top there, and I was thinking it was going to go into a much darker direction, presuming Neko was actually a guy. But, that didn't happen, so.

Ep 3

Its a good thing they are all on the same school, else it would be a short show...and good thing they are all female to make the harem complete.:cereal:.

At least Rusian already mentioned he liked Ako (at least think he was meaning like like) and we avoid the whole cliche of having him find out he likes her at the end of the show. So lets see if and how they use that in the next episodes.

Episode 4:
I liked how they had the couple just sitting and starring at each other in the inn. Probably using private chat, just like in other MMOs! And we got the White Knight Squad that's gotta protect m'lady at all costs.

Ako's getting more yandere. I hate yanderes with a passion, but I can't bring myself to hate Ako. I guess she's the exception. Newb girl's cute, and it's obviously the pink haired girl in real life. Anyway, I'm really liking this show.

Looks like pink hair will get roped into the Guild before too long.

I liked the bit in the beginning where they talked about doing in-game stuff in real life.

Something about jumping from a balloon into the ocean and purposely getting swallowed by a whale seems irresponsible.

It seems even more irresponsible to not take part in hot-and-heavy chatting. Get it together Rusian, why are you guys even married? It's somewhat more weird to be married and not do that, like it's just some doll and not a real person as his wife.

That's fucking amazing, this Cloud wanna be comes over here and then it turns out his name IS Cloud. :laugh:

Between the nipples and the tentacles, the fan service was pretty heavy this episode.
I mean, they weren't even trying to hide Sette's pubic bone. What the hell was that? Too deep really... :pokerface:

Agree with Waka; Sette is pink haired.

Looks like pink hair will get roped into the Guild before too long.

I liked the bit in the beginning where they talked about doing in-game stuff in real life.

Something about jumping from a balloon into the ocean and purposely getting swallowed by a whale seems irresponsible.

It seems even more irresponsible to not take part in hot-and-heavy chatting. Get it together Rusian, why are you guys even married? It's somewhat more weird to be married and not do that, like it's just some doll and not a real person as his wife.

That's fucking amazing, this Cloud wanna be comes over here and then it turns out his name IS Cloud. :laugh:

Between the nipples and the tentacles, the fan service was pretty heavy this episode.
I mean, they weren't even trying to hide Sette's pubic bone. What the hell was that? Too deep really... :pokerface:

Agree with Waka; Sette is pink haired.
Oh I missed that his name was Cloud. Knowing games, it's probably something like Xx_CL0UD_69_xX or something like that.

And yeah, the dude that draws this show's stuff, Hisasi, is a hentai artist, so it makes total since for it to have lotsa fanservice.

Episode 5

Well, that was indeed a nice body, yes. I...
Wait, getting distracted... darn.

Anyway, this episode was probably one of the more consistent ones. It had a premise and pulled another cast member in and made her quite relevant from the get go. Moreover it just had direction. This series sometimes dawdles quite a lot during some episodes and while it not really feels like filler in the prior episodes this episode relays a more consistent message to the viewer even with some scenes that are used to show character emotional involvement and the events all have a connection with the episodes overarching plot which seems rare for this anime in my opinion.

But seriously, Ako's body is so damn lewd. 10/10

Back