Fate/Zero

TheCoffeeGod

Fate/Zero

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I never really had an interest in Fate/stay night, so I never bothered watching it.
However, since Yuki Kajiura is doing the soundtrack for this, I do have at least a slight interest in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fate Stay Night is in my top 10 so I'm obviously going to watch Fate Zero but the presence of Yuki Kajiura is going to make this show 10 times better than the first one.
It's a must watch!

I've seen there are plenty of Fate series, and never really moved myself to watch any. So can I have an idea of any order to watch them?

The Fate/ got only one series.
The main anime is Fate/Stay night which is 24 episodes(to this they did some recape in 4 eposide i think), there is a movie which name is Fate/Unlimited Blade Works and now Fate/Zero is coming horray!

I read only about half of F/Z novel and dam this series is going to be awesome! :)

I've seen there are plenty of Fate series, and never really moved myself to watch any. So can I have an idea of any order to watch them?

There is only one series. There is one movie that is an alternate retelling. There is also an OVA which is basically a recap of the series. So of the three animes already out, they all basically tell the same story. Fate/Zero is a prequel, so I don't think you will need to watch anything else before. BUT, if you were to watch another anime in the series, watch the Fate/Stay Night series. I would personally recommend watching the movie after the original series because I felt the movie was made for people who were already fans.

ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai) is also animating it.

U just gave me another reason to watch it ^^

There is the first TV show (Fate Stay Night-24 episodes), the two 60-minutes DVD volumes which are basicly a retelling of the show (with a new opening and ending and some new footage), The movie "Unlimited Blade Works" which is an alternate story (it's based on the second route of the Fate Visual Novel game while the first show is based on the first route of the game) and then there is Fate Zero which is going to be a "prequel" (I know the word prequel doesn´t officially exist but u know what I mean) to the first show.

My suggestion is the next: Watch the first tv show, then the movie (unlimited blade works) and then fate zero unless u want to watch fate zero while u r watching the others.
I didnt watch the retelling of the first show but they usually suck so I wouldnt bother watching it.

I didnt watch the retelling of the first show but they usually suck so I wouldnt bother watching it.

Yeah. Also, since it wouldn't add anything new to the story, I wouldn't recommend watching as a prerequisite.

Play the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. Studio DEEN did a terrible job with the anime. Honestly, the only Type Moon product properly made into an anime has been Kara no Kyoukai. But, you can just get into Fate Zero without the FSN knowledge, since it's a prequel. There might be points you don't understand as well as others, but it'll still be great.

Fate Zero should be godly. I finally finished the light novel a couple months ago. I am beyond excited for the hour long first episode. It airs so close to my birthday, I am thinking of this as the anime industry's way of giving me an early birthday present 8)

I have had this Fate/Zero Saber figure for a couple years now. Finally I can have more of a reason for having it (I haven't played the Fate/Zero VN).

I am going to rob you. Also, Fate Zero isn't VN, it's a LN. Fate Stay Night is the VN.

I would say it is better watch Fate/Zero first, it add far more depth into Fate Stay Night and you would understand many things about relationship between FSN characters which weren't explicitly explained here.

It is great that music will be from Yuki Kajiura but with her and Sachi Tainaka together it would be ultimate combination (I looked forward Sachis songs most.)

it add far more depth into Fate Stay Night and you would understand many things about relationship between FSN characters which weren't explicitly explained here.

This is why he should play the FSN visual novel instead of watching the anime, because it does have the depth of the relationships.

Yeah, I honestly have no interest in visual novels or light novels, so I don't know much about that stuff. Though many VN and LN make great animes.

I want to say "You're loss," but that'd seem mean. You are missing out on stories that are far greater than their anime counterparts though.

Although, I have a very unrealistic belief that Fate Zero's anime is going to be just as great as the light novel. Man, do I hope.

This is why he should play the FSN visual novel instead of watching the anime, because it does have the depth of the relationships.

I want to say "You're loss," but that'd seem mean. You are missing out on stories that are far greater than their anime counterparts though.

Although, I have a very unrealistic belief that Fate Zero's anime is going to be just as great as the light novel. Man, do I hope.

-You are probably right. But to get know everything it would take finish all three routes and of course succesfully. I didn't get chance play it myself so I don't know difficulty level, but with Fate Zero wouldn't be such problem in first place.

-FSN isn't among my most favourite series, but it is definitely more than little above average. Enough that I began and finished this prequel. And waiting restlessly for anime.

-lastly F/Z isn't from game so unlike FSN it can be faithfull in its content, your hope isn't entirely unreasonable.

I'm not missing anything, because I don't like the format. I know there are good stories, but the way the story is presented, bores me. At the college I went to, the anime club has been going strong for over ten years. There was a visual novel club, and it didn't even last a semester.

-You are probably right. But to get know everything it would take finish all three routes and of course succesfully. I didn't get chance play it myself so I don't know difficulty level, but with Fate Zero wouldn't be such problem in first place.

It depends the person. My first play through I probably spent a couple hours every night for a week. However, I've done three full routes in about four hours this time around. It really just depends how you want to go through it.

I'm not missing anything, because I don't like the format. I know there are good stories, but the way the story is presented, bores me. At the college I went to, the anime club has been going strong for over ten years. There was a visual novel club, and it didn't even last a semester.

That's because anime is more wide spread and enjoyed than visual novels. Think of it this way, most of the people in the anime club have probably never played a visual novel, some probably don't know what it is. Of course the more popular medium will attract more attention. But, "popular" doesn't mean "better."

That's fine that you don't enjoy those formats, but there's still lots about the stories you won't experience because of.

Back