Kuroko's Basketball

Jtier

Kuroko's Basketball

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

This one has a lot of potential to be really good. Okay, I had my doubts since it's a sports anime...but I'm looking past that fact, and it's gearing up to be something decent--at the least, the characters are likeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Chihiyafuru, I'm giving every sports anime a chance. That said, this one is meh. I think the only reason I love Chihiya so much is it developed the characters, then focused on the sport, so even if you don't care about the sport, you did just because you liked the characters.

Anyways, I'll prolly drop this one but I'll give it another episode. Main character blue hair guy at least isn't your typical hot-blooded shonen protagonist.

Well I have a feeling that this will be centered around character development/relations more than on the basketball. Something like OoFuri.
There are a lot of bishounens in the anime, so I'm definitely branding this my favorite of the season thus far.

Ep4
Still watching this, must be the only one. The characters are all great, but it displayed what I consider the fatal flaw in any action anime: endless talking that interrupts the action. They should have just had the game going continuing and leave the monologues to the people watching it or during breaks. It really breaks up the flow, which is a pity since it's enjoyable otherwise, and I don't even like basketball.

^Nope, you're not the only one. I'm watching this and it is my favorite of the season so far.

Started this anime right after finishing the anime Slam Dunk, I have watched 4 episodes of Kuroko's Basketball so far and I am very pleased with it so far. I can't wait until next week!

I'm really pleased with the show. Finally a sports anime that doesn't start with a tragedy (knocking on wood). Kuroko is a very interesting character and i find the scenes where he suddenly appears quite funny,
The game dynamics are quite realistic and well made, apart from the far too many dunks.
All in all a show that is above my expectations and i can't wait for more episodes.

All sports anime have the potential to be as good as Hajime no Ippo. Possible, but not likely.

My thoughts so far this show is fucking good!The 'invisibility' thing is sometimes overreacted but I really like this show.

Ep5
They are really laying the melodrama thick in this episode. Which is weird, since when it wasn't melodrama it was practically slap-stick comedy. Mood whip-lashed.

I love this so far, yet like most here don't really get on with sports Anime.
I have high hopes. ;D

Ep6
Well the crowd surfing bit was pretty funny, but the scary black dude as their opponent was just hilarious. He's 6 feet tall, and BLACK? Oh, the Japanese... sometimes I forget how short they are... and how homogenic. Pretty sure the average height of the basketball players in my high school was like 6 1/2 feet, and they were almost all black. The second half of the episode picked up the pace thankfully, as I was getting kind of bored before the game started. I just wish they'd STOP. TALKING. SO. MUCH!

Ep6
I just wish they'd STOP. TALKING. SO. MUCH!

Oh but that's the point! All that dramatic talk and tactical analysis. They're so into it that I want to burst out laughing when I remember that it's just highschool basketball.

Ep6
Well the crowd surfing bit was pretty funny, but the scary black dude as their opponent was just hilarious. He's 6 feet tall, and BLACK? Oh, the Japanese... sometimes I forget how short they are... and how homogenic. Pretty sure the average height of the basketball players in my high school was like 6 1/2 feet, and they were almost all black. The second half of the episode picked up the pace thankfully, as I was getting kind of bored before the game started. I just wish they'd STOP. TALKING. SO. MUCH!

i was shocked when they said the senegalese was only 2m, (6'6'') i thought Kagami was that height, i wonder how short Kuroko is then, Spud Webb size probably
i thought he would be a 7 footer or so, and yeah 6 feet is an average guard, a my team had a two 7 footers. It was a nice episode all in all. Eventho some scenes are predictable it still makes me lol cuzthe show has such a great delivery

i was shocked when they said the senegalese was only 2m, (6'6'') i thought Kagami was that height, i wonder how short Kuroko is then, Spud Webb size probably
i thought he would be a 7 footer or so, and yeah 6 feet is an average guard, a my team had a two 7 footers. It was a nice episode all in all. Eventho some scenes are predictable it still makes me lol cuzthe show has such a great delivery

Kuroko's height is 168 cm, that's 3 cm taller than I am, which is pretty tiny. And the rest of the team is from 170-185 cm, while Kagami is 190 cm.

Back