K-On!

unitzero

[sadht]K-On![/sadht][sadhl=2366]k-on[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Four high school girls form a band in their light music club. From what I can tell this is going to run for 13 episodes and be full of mild "school life" themes sprinkled with general cuteness. Already the general vibe and animation is reminding me a little bit of the series Hyakko which I liked. That said I plan on watching this but I don't expect anything mind blowing to happen here.
:cow:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah this is not going to be nearly as epic as Beck.
*starts singing "Full Moon Sway"*
I think it's going to be a slice of life light comedy with music as a plot device.

Guess i'll check this one out. These really aren't my type of shows (slice of life/school life) but I'll give it a shot.

It didn't feel like haruhi to me, the characters feel quite different.

The first ep wasn't that fun though, but I'll give it a chance and see how it develops. The premise of the show isn't that interesting imo.

It didn't feel like haruhi to me, the characters feel quite different.

The first ep wasn't that fun though, but I'll give it a chance and see how it develops. The premise of the show isn't that interesting imo.

you're right. I wasn't that impressed but I love animes about bands and I enjoyed the slightly unique animation especially the character design. The "camera work" or whatever it's called in animation when she was running to school in the first scene was pretty cool as well. For me this will be a time waster until something better starts airing.

/agree with tylerriggs here

time waster until (hopefully, my god how I hope) something better from this season comes along. It's pretty fun, but nothing special imo.

I went into this show expecting it to be sorta like Lucky Star, but with music. I'm not sure if that's how it ends up, but so far I love this show. I laughed quite a bit, which a show hasn't done for me in quite awhile. Also, there's an epic amount of moe, if that's your cup of tea :P

Can't wait for the next episode!

I decided to give this a go despite how unimpressive the manga was. This makes me feel like Manabi Straight (NOT a good sign) with watered down characters (even a worse sign). That ED was pretty good though, even if they stole a lot of clothing for Aya Hirano's wardrobe, especially Mio (at least they knew how to put on the clothing in the ED :laugh:). It sounds a lot like some of her songs too.

I might keep watch if just to see if they change up the ED, but this show is so far as unimpressive as the manga.

I don't know why, but i havent liked a first episode this much in a few months.
Yui is awesome. But then again, she's gonne play guitar, and guitarplaying girls are awesome. The guitarplaying animation is totally ridiculous tho.

There's definitely a limit to how much of an airhead a character can be without a disease or drug abuse problem, and I'm pretty sure what's her face has one or the other.

The animation is shockingly gorgeous for a high school slice of life comedy. Running is animated well, as is the weird way the main character walks when she's dazed. I also like the character designs. I'm tired of crayola or pastel colored hair.

It doesn't seem like it has nearly as many punchline/gag jokes as hyakko, azumangadaioh or ichigo mashimaro, but the cast is begging to be lumped in there with one of those kinds of series'. I suppose Hyakko's first episode wasn't very funny either, but it ended up being pretty focused on comedy, so I guess i'll just hope with K-ON.

It looks interesting enough with the music and band aspect that I may watch a few more episodes and see how it turns out.

I don't watch a whole lot of slice of life anime, though this one seems entertaining enough. Plus it's music based which is always good.

It didn't seem that great at first until I saw the opening theme, it's one of my favorite anime now :laugh:

K-ON!Heard this one.Already join a FanClub^^

I think this one is great. XD

I went into this thinkin it was gunna be trash, BUT imo it's the best this season has offered up so far, fuckin loved the first episode!

The main character was soooooooooooooooo so0o0o0o0o0o0o0o funny :D And so were the rest

The popularity of this Anime is growing real fast. I didn't even know the existence of this Anime until a few days ago LOL

Back