Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV 2

Here we go... again.

At least it has to be better than the first half.
And it will be ridiculously pretty as always.

I can't wait for Nasu and UFOTable to serve this pile of diarrhea to us and call it fine dining.

The deviations from the DEEN anime in the first half were dull and/or quite minor. I'm expecting the deviations in this second half to be just as dull, but at least more relevant so I don't feel like I'm watching the same old thing twice with small tweaks on who fights who and where. If the movie DEEN did is any reference, I should at least be getting that.

TLDR - Still gon' be crap.

Can't wait for this. It's not Fate/Zero quality, but I'm still really enjoying it. Unfortunately it's pretty clear already that this thread is going to be just like the thread for last season, which is to say that it's going to be a big circle jerk about how bad the show is. Discussion is boring anyway I suppose.

Define "Circle Jerk", last season there was only tootalls, ZK and I regularly posting, I outwardly hated it, tootalls was up and down and gave it an average score, and ZK was nowhere near as negative as I was.

Don't be upset because people don't like generic fantasy eroge VN adaption #435663

Last edited:
I could contribute to the discussion as well but it would usually make me reply with:

''meh'' followed by another explanation about why it was ''meh'' and then end with ''meh.'' or ''but meh.''

Can't wait for this. It's not Fate/Zero quality, but I'm still really enjoying it. Unfortunately it's pretty clear already that this thread is going to be just like the thread for last season, which is to say that it's going to be a big circle jerk about how bad the show is. Discussion is boring anyway I suppose.

The way I see it there were plenty of good points made while there was still something worth saying.

Personally I'll just be playing the episodes and closing them as soon as they're over then get to something else without posting, so that's one less person in the ''circlejerk'' for you to worry about I guess.

why cant "circlejerk" haters just post their damn opinions anyways

there's no discussion if you don't initiate one, smh

Episode 1

Yeah, this part was almost exactly as in the original UBW except longer with the romance included that was rushed over in the original

Episode 1

Unlimited Bullshit Works: No Brakes on the Hate Train
Yay this was, like, sooooo awesome. Saber was soo kawaii in that dress and with her lovely pert bum just presenting itself like that XD

oooh, and Rin's thighs, like, sooooo glad that we got a lingering camera shot on them for absolutely no reason whatsoever when the conversation was totally irrelevant to them. And her skirt is even shorter now, my boner will pierce the heavens (~◕з◕)~

and the conversation was sooooooo good, super interesting and OMG PLOT TWIST ARCHER IS A D-BAG HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO RIN! Shirou and Rin are sooo cute together too (>////<)
Just as bad as I remembered the last season to be, another 3 months of bottom of the gut, yeast infected shit.

Episode 1

Unlimited Bullshit Works: No Brakes on the Hate Train
Yay this was, like, sooooo awesome. Saber was soo kawaii in that dress and with her lovely pert bum just presenting itself like that XD

oooh, and Rin's thighs, like, sooooo glad that we got a lingering camera shot on them for absolutely no reason whatsoever when the conversation was totally irrelevant to them. And her skirt is even shorter now, my boner will pierce the heavens (~◕з◕)~

and the conversation was sooooooo good, super interesting and OMG PLOT TWIST ARCHER IS A D-BAG HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO RIN! Shirou and Rin are sooo cute together too (>////<)
Just as bad as I remembered the last season to be, another 3 months of bottom of the gut, yeast infected shit.

Why watch if you dislike it so much?

Anyways, my random thoughts on episode 1:

Interesting start. Took me a minute to remember what happened in the last season. I loved the first season (part?) so I figure that I'll like season 2 as well. There needs to be more action though. And what was the point of Saber in a wedding dress scene? I'm almost certain that Archer is gonna stab Caster in the back. The opening isn't as good as the first, and I could care less about the generic ending.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

My expectations were low, but I thought s2e1 was better than anything in the last 10 eps of s1.
Still a disappointing phase for the franchise that includes Zero.
And what was up with
Saber being bound and helpless? That just doesn't make sense.

And what was up with
Saber being bound and helpless? That just doesn't make sense.

Did it look anything like this?
z8cOmhb.png

Do not fret for this was taken from the movie and the reason is, FAN-SERVICE. FAN-SERVICE EVERYWHERE!

Episode 1:

This episode had some really fucking awkward shit going on. I'd usually make a joke about a drunk monkey editing the episode, but since this is animation I guess I have to blame the director and storyboard person.

It couldn't have possibly been their intention make Archer look like a complete perv staring at Rin's thighs. The way the scene plays out Archer makes this "I'm interested grunt" and then it cuts directly to Rin's thighs. As Tae already said Rin's thighs had fuckall to do with the conversation so it's already a weird service cut into an otherwise serious conversation, but then given Archer's action it starts to get a bit creepy. Yeah, it's a dumb fanservice shot, but the way it's put together is fucking idiotic.

Of course this was an episode that was determined to undermine any and all of its female characters. We have Saber waving her ass in the air like she just don't care is a helpless damsel in distress rather than the biggest badass among the servants. Then we have caster melting into a puddle when her master shows up. She's seemed like a strong capable if evil character so far but then her master gets there and she's like a puppy begging to be praised. Combine that with the extended shot of Rin's thighs and I am starting to get a feeling that this show might be a tad bit tone deaf.

The rest of the episode was some really fucking dull dialogue and action that kept threatening to happen but never came through. The thing with Archer's betrayal is it's so transparent what he's trying to do that it doesn't make for a good twist. It's such a played out twist to have one of the good guys betray everyone only to reveal later that he was doing it to save everyone in the moment and then uses it later to betray the villain. One thing I look forward to is seeing shit I haven't seen before. I can tolerate old cliches when they are well written sometimes, but when they are this transparent and obvious I might as well not be watching anything at all because I can literally just replay what is going to happen in my head at any time. They don't even add anything to the cliche here. I wish the show would knock it off with the fucking attempts at being deep when they can't even make the plot turns mildly interesting.

There's some other stuff I could write but it would be spoilers for those that aren't familiar to the franchise, but lets just say that I think one thing should be increasingly obvious to people. This episode parallels two characters so many times that I really think that twist is going to shock just about zero people now.

This episode was mostly boring, but the parts that weren't boring were fucking amateur hour. I still can't get over the way Archer's conversation with Rin's thighs went.

Back