Gintama (2012)

Itoukaiji01

Banned
Gintama (2012)

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode 1:

What can I say? It's just lovely having Gintama back. This first episode was definitely stolen by Gintoki's various reaction shots and over the top expressions. They were all hilarious.

Gintama_zpsa580910d.png

Gintama2_zps0b3551db.png

Gin2012_zps5feaa849.png

Gintama20124_zps6128c0e3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gintama(2012)

Better quality faces:
gintokiface4.png

gintokiface2.png

gintokiface3.png
Feel free the use to make avatars.

Great first episode. Something of a mini-arc already.
It's weird how much this episode is breaking the fourth-wall, yet remaining in-world like that.

Following Gintama weekly is going to be... weird for me.
It's my first time. Please be gentle...

Oh yeah, Gintama is back! Just watched the latest episode, now this is the Gintama I know and love! Honestly I kinda felt like the final few episodes of Gintama' weren't as great usual and was wondering how I would react to seeing the show again after so long, but now I know :megusta:

Oh god damn it! It started! I'm still 40 episodes behind... Reeeeeeally want to catch up.

I knew it was back in October but didn't know it was today. Will watch immejiately.

Following Gintama weekly is going to be... weird for me.
It's my first time. Please be gentle...

Me too!
Was definitely great to see Gintama back again, can't wait for more.
Kintoki had me going with that theory for a while, seriously wondered if that'd be true. Poor Gintoki. :<
UkUdE.jpg
I wonder if there was a prototype.

Nice.
If they all did it willingly, they're damn good actors. Or did getting that robot replacement also jumble their memories?

Yep I'm still catching up on Gintama', but I'm getting there. And when I do, it will also be the first time I can follow this series week by week, I can't wait.

One of the biggest mysteries of the entire show that I hope will be answered:
Why the bloody turds did the amanto fight in hand to hand combat all medieval style when they invaded?
We don't see any guns of any sort during the flashback scenes and whatnot.

And no, seeing them use ships with canons in other scenes makes it make less sense.

Why the bloody turds did the amanto fight in hand to hand combat all medieval style when they invaded?

To break their spirit?

Yes, the amanto being massacred in hand-to-hand battles sure broke the right spirits.
Even the fucking Yato use guns, ffs!

And no, seeing them use ships with canons in other scenes makes it make less sense.

This is just a working theory of mine but...
Maybe they spent all their money on space fuel to get to earth and ran out of ammo for all their lazer weapons by the time they got there. This is probably because they have never played Oregon Trail and didnt know to stock up on ammo beforehand :troll:

Yes, the amanto being massacred in hand-to-hand battles sure broke the right spirits.
Even the fucking Yato use guns, ffs!

Only like 4 people massacred them (Obv. Gintoki, Katsura, etc.). They obviously didn't get massacred in every battle, or else they wouldn't have won.

Imagine being famous universally for your swordsmanship, then some amanto come down and fucking annihilate a large enough portion of you worldwide for you to surrender.
I'd be a little shat up that they can beat us at our own game without resorting to their huge lasers.
I'm thinking of it as fighting using Shikai instead of Bankai and still winning.

It's just a question of style (because gun-fu is comparably boring). Also because Gintoki has a sword. It just looks kinda silly if someone with a sword fights someone with lasers.

Episode 2:

Another great episode even showing a good deal of heart at the end like Gintama always manages to...but this made my day.

Gintama3_zps4f303029.png

Zawa Zawa!

ep2
Somehow it feels this arc is about to end already, initially figured it would be longer.

I have finally caught up with Gintama' and am now up to date with this as well. Great stuff. It does look this arc will be ending possibly next week like gin said. Tama has been just too adorable.

Katsura and Madao reminiscing on the park bench was pretty hilarious.
I wonder if Kintoki will be an extra addition to the cast when this is over? He might make for another hilarious comic rival for Gintoki later on.

Just watched the two new eps on a row. :megusta:

What can I say? It's just awesome to have Gintama back in all its random hilarity, hopefully for at least another 50+ episodes. This Kintama arc is a great way to restart the show just like the Timeskip one was for Gintama'. I'm loving to see all these awesome people back bringing me laughs, nice drama and a mix of both in the same sentences (''I feel we've forgotten something important... like we threw away an icecream carton without licking it''). Definitely GKintama at its best, yep!

Also loving all the fourth-wall references. And most especially... Kaiji! :love:

Looking forward to the next eps. This arc might end by the next episode but a hunch tells me it'll take two more eps.

P.S.: TAMA FTW

Back